Anxiety, depression and weightloss :(

MissingHerBad

For the most part I live a fairly good life however I do deal with alot of stress and find myself, right now, dealing with a number of issues creating anxiety and depression for me. I am having trouble sleeping, concentrating and am losing weight because I dont necessarily always feel like eating. I am currently on Paxil for my depression which is sometimes helpful but I feel like this too may be adding to my anxiety. Besides excerising - keeping in touch with ppl and taking the Paxil is there anything else ppl could reccomend?

I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling great. Been down that road myself, and feel as though I'm about to go down it again. I was on meds before, but not right now.

What helped for me was purging the toxic people out of my life, getting a good therapist and knowing its okay to tell people to f**k off in order to save your sanity.

More importantly, what kind of issues are you dealing with? Feel free to share - are you alone in dealing with your depression? that can be very challenging.

• Author
MissingHerBad

Its funny you mentioned weeding out the crap because of recently done that now unfortunately I do feel alone however Im not. Ive created a real dependancy in my head in regards to my ex ... Its been over a year and I havent been able to get rid of the feeling. To make things worse I recently saw her again - twice, we fell in love all over again, stronger then ever - only now she has a boyfriend. I also work full time and own my own company while going to school full time. Yet I feel very unmotivated and I am pretty damn lazy to a point where that in itself depresses me. I think lots of the depression comes from having to be on these meds. They make me feel like I am constantly high but if I dont take enough I get sad - there is no balance. I just feel like I am in a world thats gone all wrong - work has previously been a bitch, I failed a whole semester of school last winter and I have been lonely ever since we broke up eventhough I really figure alot of it was my fault (guilt).

Well, for one thing I DO NOT think you are lazy!! Owning your own company AND going to school full time? That is HARD and you are not lazy. You are not lazy, you have depression. It's a wonder you can still work and go to school. THerefore, if you need to veg out and not do much on your free time you are entitled.

Don't worry, it just feels liks the world has gone wrong. Its the depression speaking. Trust me. I felt that way. Also, are you sure you have the CORRECT meds? Sometimes they need to be adjusted so you can feel good, or well, "normal". Talk to your doc about that. And yes, you will need to be on meds for awhile. How long have you been on them? I was on them for 2 or 3 years and it took that long until I felt I could wean myself off.

Stress and anxiety and depression are very hard to deal with and they togther, make everything seem harder to do. THe world seems harsher, the people seem either stupid or cruel, you are tired, sleeepless, not eating, not even breathing correctly and to boot, you feel lonely. This will pass a the meds work. The meds take a miminum of like 8 -12 weeks to fully take effect. If you do not have the right dosage, it will take that much longer.

About the GF. Right now honey, you need to concentrate on yourself. I know you might be obsessing about her and because you feel alone it seems worse, especially when she has a new BF. Do you meditate or do yoga or somethign that calms your mind? Well, it's late here, but write me again if you need an ear. I sense you are dealing with this all by yourself and i want you to know youare not alone. Take care and hang in there!

• Author
MissingHerBad

Freebird thanks for all the info. The ex has actually had this bf for a year now and we recently kissed :( Ppl say Im not lazy but I just feel that I am. Ive been on my meds now for 3 months and then on and off for a year before that. Ive tried so many different types of meds and there always seems to be some harsh tip to the scale. I either get anxiety or I get sad. Its so tough to figure all this out especially when no one understands how I feel. Unfortunately one of the only ppl that understands is the ex and I guess you now :)

• 5 weeks later...

sorry it's been awhile since I wrote back!! How are you doing? You okay? sometimes the meds make us feel differently from how we really are realistically i.e....you being lazy which you aren't!

BrainRightHeartWrong

MissingHerBad... the meds had the same effect on me, made me anxious and constantly vomit...

i'm going through a rough patch right now and am considering taking them but i don't want to, i don't like them but then i'm crying out for help and willing to try anything to help how CONSTANTLY bad i feel...

although tonight i called a friend and we're either going out on the bikes on Sunday morning or going hiking up a mountain, he told me don't let her get you like that, nobody should be allowed to make YOU feel that bad, you're a good guy and you deserve happiness...

that kind of made me feel instantly better but so did a little bit of imagining me getting back with my ex in 4 months when i hopefully feel better, i think this delays the grieving process but sometimes you trick your own mind into a better time just for the break away from depression... all this came from the thought of training again ( i cycle-raced for 12 years ), this was a good lifestyle, hoping i'll get up at 9am on weekends ( when with my ex she lay in bed on a Sunday until 4pm, beautiful weather, car sitting there at the house and us not using the weekend )... sorry so i thought right i love a lot of things about her and her musician lifestyle so i can start going back to the same music pubs after i go out training and a sleep and she can do her thing... in other words imagining being together again

but i probably know i'll wake up ( thats if i sleep ) and feel i can't get out of bed, i too haven't been hardly working which i hate , haven't ate and feel like a 747 has landed on my head, i'd love to wake up tomorrow feeling the way i do now i.e. much better ... earlier on i was in a terrible state... i.e. can hardly use a screwdriver! been like this for 3 - 4 weeks! :eek:

Freebird thanks for all the info. The ex has actually had this bf for a year now and we recently kissed :( Ppl say Im not lazy but I just feel that I am. Ive been on my meds now for 3 months and then on and off for a year before that. Ive tried so many different types of meds and there always seems to be some harsh tip to the scale. I either get anxiety or I get sad. Its so tough to figure all this out especially when no one understands how I feel. Unfortunately one of the only ppl that understands is the ex and I guess you now :)

I have to ask...Are you seeing a Therapist as well? Being on anti-depressants will help you, but the therapy will help you cope and deal with your loss. Depression and anxiety together is nasty and will only get worse. You need someone to talk to on a professional level...I mean that with good intent. We all go through rough s*** in our lives. I kinda wish I'd spoken to someone when my father died in 1993. I didn't and over time I didn't deal with it...10 years later it came back and took a big bite out of my a$$. SO, if you need extra help, don't be afraid to go talk to someone.