How can i make my butt bigger without gaining weight anywhere else?

MY butt has a nice shape, but I want to know how to make it bigger. If I try to gain weight how do I make it go to my butt and not somewhere else? The top half of my body is bigger than my bottom half. How can I make my body more proportionate?

• 2 weeks later...

Do full squats, not the half assed ones a lot of people do in gyms, and try deadlifts. Deadlifts will pump your bum up heehee.

A co-worker told me that a friend of hers buys J-Lo jeans cuz they have padding in the butt..cheaper than implants...she said the girl loves 'em cuz she feels more confident when she goes out 'cuz everyone thinks she has a great a**

Do full squats, not the half assed ones a lot of people do in gyms, and try deadlifts. Deadlifts will pump your bum up heehee.

I've got the same problem. Just lost a lot of weight and lost my hiney in the process. I understand full squats but please tell me what "deadlifts" are. I feel soooo ignorant.

try some exercises for your butt

this is one exercise that you can try

You will need a solid chair or bench for this exercise. This is to increase the useful range of motion of the exercise, which is important for maximizing it's effects. You will also need to have something solid that you can grab onto. This can be a railing or a door frame or a pole, etc. Place the chair immediately in front of this solid object.

2. Stand on the chair on one leg facing the solid object and hold onto it at about waist level directly in front of you. Your heel should be close to the back edge of the chair.

3. Lower your body as far down as you can go into a one-legged squat. Your other leg will drop down below the level of the chair seat behind you. You should feel a great stretch in your glute. Make sure you continue to keep a firm grip on whatever you are holding on to.

4. Push yourself back up using your glute as much as possible. This is most easily accomplished by focusing on pushing with your heel. Also, you can stick your butt out while pushing back up to really maximize the effect.

I have a perfect body - but if your upper body were to be too big, I'd recommend that you lift weights like dumbells...this will give you best results.

If you do exercises aimed at firming your butt, be aware that the side effect will be to make it smaller, even though it will be firmer...for now, focus on exercising your upper-body and let the fat naturally relocate to your bottom...

...If you do exercises aimed at firming your butt, be aware that the side effect will be to make it smaller, even though it will be firmer...for now, focus on exercising your upper-body and let the fat naturally relocate to your bottom...

Thanks for the suggestion but, the thing is, I don't really have any fat to relocte (5'0", 103lbs, size 0-2 petite.) I think that a firmer hiney is probably what I have in mind anyway, as opposed to just a larger one. I don't want to change clothes sizes, just get back certain portions that havae errr, "slipped" away.:D

For deadlifts its best to ask a trainer to explain the movement. But heres a basic description.

Use a barbell (thats the long one), with a light to moderate weight. Bend at your knees and place your hands around the bar at shoulder width. Use your legs to lift the bar until you're in a standing position, then reverse the movement, bending your knees and touch the weight to the floor and then start again. Try to keep your back straight throughout the movement (if you curve your spine you will be likely to pull a muscle in your back or worse). Its a great exercise as it works a lot of muscles and will strengthen your back.

ReluctantRomeo
The top half of my body is bigger than my bottom half. How can I make my body more proportionate?

Personally, I have no problem with this shape. Sounds great to me :bunny:

But a general programme of toning and exercise will downsize fat everywhere, and if it's mainly on your top half, that's where it will disappear the most.

For buttbuilding, the exercises recommended. And to failure in 12 reps or less.

• 2 months later...

Since ur butt is made of muscles (gluteus maximus), then it makes sense to train those muscles to make them bigger, right?

And we see guys who do weights to gain bigger biceps.

Well it is the same idea here, but you do squats.

Even just the simple squats will gain results in a few days.

Just lean against a wall with your feet shoulder width apart in a squatting position, and remember - the lower you go, the more pressuer there is on the butt muscles.

I did two (day and night) for one minute each time, and in just days I could actually feel and tell teh difference when I wear my jeans.

• 2 months later...
I've got the same problem. Just lost a lot of weight and lost my hiney in the process. I understand full squats but please tell me what "deadlifts" are. I feel soooo ignorant.

my butt is smaller than a boy's

let the fat naturally relocate to your bottom...

Wow:confused: What do you think the fat did go on vacation now it needs to relocate back home?????:o

What you are trying to do is the same as what is known as spot reducing and it's a myth working out a particular area will not make it smaller or lose the fat.In your case you want to make an area bigger that you genetically won't be able to do.It's your genetic makeup that you have the butt you have so you won't get it bigger unless you get fatter but you will get fat in other areas also.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Is that why people go on praising Jennifer lopez and Beyonce for having a "big fat ass"? Butt implants have increased ten fold and there is a lot of girls have said they wish they had a curvier one to me.

What you are trying to do is the same as what is known as spot reducing and it's a myth working out a particular area will not make it smaller or lose the fat.

Yes it will, at least for women that's what happens. I have complete control over the areas I want large/small through the exercises I choose to do for each area.

In your case you want to make an area bigger that you genetically won't be able to do.It's your genetic makeup that you have the butt you have so you won't get it bigger unless you get fatter but you will get fat in other areas also.

Not if you exercise that area. If a woman lifts weights, her arm will be thin but everywhere else can be fatter, the new fat will let's say make a u-turn to relocate and lodge onto her ass or hips (or wherever she wants it to go if she is controlling it) instead of on the lean arms, and so on for other locations she wants to do spot reduction to. Again, not sure how male bodies work so this might not be possible for you, especially since men usually store almost all their fat in their belly and have less control to redirect it elsewhere.

I have never heard any woman say "I want a bigger butt"usually it's always the opposite.Consider yourself lucky you don't have a big fat ass.

I would guess you don't live in the US where it is trendy to have a big ass. Some jeans come padded in the behind too, and butt augmentation is a common procedure.:)

Yes it will, at least for women that's what happens. I have complete control over the areas I want large/small through the exercises I choose to do for each area.

No you don't it may seem like that but if you want smaller legs exercises will build the muscle the more muscle the less fat around the muscle.Dieting to lose fat will get your legs leaner since muscle is denser than fat they will look smaller but the exercises aren't making them smaller.It's the same for men because the skeletal muscle ytissue is the same in men and women.

Not if you exercise that area. If a woman lifts weights, her arm will be thin but everywhere else can be fatter, the new fat will let's say make a u-turn to relocate and lodge onto her ass or hips (or wherever she wants it to go if she is controlling it) instead of on the lean arms, and so on for other locations she wants to do spot reduction to. Again, not sure how male bodies work so this might not be possible for you, especially since men usually store almost all their fat in their belly and have less control to redirect it elsewhere.

Male and female bodies work the same as far as muscle tissue goes we both have fast and slow twitch fibers.

You are misinformed you cannot spot reduce or redirect fat.If you exercise an area the muscle builds causing the fat around it to be

"burned" it doesn't relocate anywhere.Adipose tissue (fat) are in cells that need to be released to be "burned" they can't move (relocate as you say) out of their cells unless they are released by a hormone called glucagon which releases the fatty acids out of the cell to be transported by the bloodstream to the mitchocondria to be burned.So once the fat is released it doesn't relocate it gets burned or it stays in the cell.

I would guess you don't live in the US where it is trendy to have a big ass. Some jeans come padded in the behind too, and butt augmentation is a common procedure

Thank god I don't it's nothing but big boobs and small butts up here in Canada;)

I think the most logical answer would be to mentally be happy with what you have.

Life could be a lot worse than having a small ass (and yes mine is small too). I have never had anything except huge compliments from men over the years. Just keep yourself firm and toned and you will feel great.

I don't care what is in style - mine looks good and I'm happy with what God gave me.

It is all a matter of perspective. :)

:lmao:

Fat doesn't 'relocate' :lmao:

So true, Outcast.

The fat cells stay where they are. You can make them smaller ( by dieting ) but they do not relocate unless you liposuction the fat.

:p

the new fat will let's say make a u-turn to relocate and lodge onto her ass or hips

I said the NEW fat ...the existing fat can be burned off through spot reduction as far as exercising a particular area, then NEW fat will not lodge on there, as the muscle burns it, it will go to other areas in the body.

Male and female bodies work the same

But I said as far as fat distribution goes it's not the same, so you as a male have less control. Men have chicken legs and fat bellies on the most part, they don't get fat to the same degree as women in the hips, butt, thighs and boobs so you have less control where to send the fat to.:p

:p

I said the NEW fat ...the existing fat can be burned off through spot reduction as far as exercising a particular area, then NEW fat will not lodge on there, as the muscle burns it, it will go to other areas in the body.

But I said as far as fat distribution goes it's not the same, so you as a male have less control. Men have chicken legs and fat bellies on the most part, they don't get fat to the same degree as women in the hips, butt, thighs and boobs so you have less control where to send the fat to.:p

Thats ok:rolleyes: if thats your body in your old avatar you don't have to worry about big nasty words like "glucagon" "insulin" "Glycogen" and how you Physiologically cannot spot reduce Adipose tissue.Keep doing what your doing and you will be fine:)

Your second statement is correct,men predominately store fat in the belly area and women hips thighs glutes but I have no idea what you mean about having less control where you send the fat????You have no control ever.

Thats ok:rolleyes: if thats your body in your old avatar you don't have to worry about big nasty words like "glucagon" "insulin" "Glycogen" and how you Physiologically cannot spot reduce Adipose tissue.Keep doing what your doing and you will be fine:)

The way I got my body in the avatar pic is exactly because I do know those big ugly words. I didn't get to look the way I am by sitting on my ass eating potato chips.:)

I have no idea what you mean about having less control where you send the fat????You have no control ever.

What I mean is, because men store fat in much fewer places, and it predominately goes to the belly, that you have less control where to send it, whereas women have more body parts to send it to - hips, breasts, etc. You do have to admit men and female bodies are different - just like how you can't have my figure, no way can I have the muslces in your avatar.:) What I think you don't believe is in spot reduction. It works, you wanna come see? If I want a certain part smaller, I do special exercises there, and can control which areas to get bigger, but like I said I don't think it works in men, maybe to a very small degree i do not know of.

Hotcaligirl

Please google spot reducing and see what it is I am talking about.You can't spot reduce you may think you are, but you can't.

It works, you wanna come see?

Yes:love:

the new fat will let's say make a u-turn to relocate and lodge onto her ass or hips (or wherever she wants it to go if she is controlling it) instead of on the lean arms, and so on for other locations she wants to do spot reduction to.

:lmao:

You're a laugh riot :lmao:

when you exercise, you cannot choose which adipocytes release fat. It would be nice to say, "release fat from my hips," but that's not how it works. What does happen is that when you exercise, adipocytes get a signal from hormones circulating in the blood stream to release fat (sort of like putting your foot on the gas pedal in your car to get the gasoline flowing to the carburetor), and adipocytes from all over the body get released. During exercise, your muscles may be burning fat released from fat cells in your face, shoulders, arms, abdomen, and other locations. You don't have control over that, and some adipocytes are more sensitive to those hormones and release more fat than other adipocytes. They also tend to release in a consistent pattern that is probably determined by genes. Everyone who has ever lost and regained weight more than once can tell you that the pattern of their weight loss is almost always the same. Many people lose from their face first, but it varies. In most cases, it is the hips, thighs, and buttocks for women that goes last, if it goes at all.

from 'Fat Facts'

I put it to you that you happen to be one of the lucky ones whose genes dictate that when you burn fat, your body releases the fat in a pattern you happen to want so you just think you are 'directing' what's happening.

In short, there is zero science to back up your claims.