Question about losing weight

i lost about 25 pounds in one month of not eating. the next month i lost another 10-15, eating once evry few days, if that.

i don't recommend it though.

people say that starving only makes your body hold on to the fat you have. in my case, that was not true.

eat right and exercise. it's the healthiest way to lose weight and keep it off, and the only thing most people won't try.

so no, starving is not a good way to lose weight, even though it does work. as soon as you start to eat again, you'll gain it all back.

Originally posted by Brian1

Any idea if starving yourself not fully but sorta is a good way to drop pounds.Only reason i ask is i heard starving yourself wont

yea starvin yaself wont work that well...its bad for the health..i tried that myself..but got migraines that would last until i ate a good amount that my body was satisfied with..to drop pounds u just have to lower your cal intake and burn more than you eat...work out and eating right does good for the body..my mommy lost 10 pounds in like 9 days by cuttin out meat..she eats boca burgers (which arent that bad) and if she has to eat meat she only eats chicken turkey and fish..but yea cuttin out the beef (ages u rapidly and other bad stuff) and pork and eating more fruits and veggies will help u cut down on weight..

i was the laziest person ever...all i wanted to do was eat, watch tv, and play on the pc...but after like a good 5 workouts i look forward to goin to tha gym..and i actually dont get that tired/out of breath durin my workout now, like i did before i started...

so now i kno the gym is my friend, not my enemy...feels good to sweat out the toxins :D and get my sexy on

Originally posted by SamGirl

i lost about 25 pounds in one month of not eating. the next month i lost another 10-15, eating once evry few days, if that.

May I know why would you starve yourself?

ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by Brian1

Any idea if starving yourself not fully but sorta is a good way to drop pounds.Only reason i ask is i heard starving yourself wont

The best way to lose weight is:

1. Diet (Counting calories is very important)

2. Exercise

If you exercise and take in less calories than you burn, you will - in a very healthy fashion - lose weight.

The biggest roadblock to losing weight is DISCIPLINE. If you don't have the discipline to stick to your diet and exercise program, and to count calories, you will never succeed. You won't see results right away but after 4 months I was so encouraged I worked out even harder. Now 16 months later I am in better shape than I was after Marine Corps boot camp and that was 1/2 my life ago....

laRubiaBonita

eventually you will HAVE to eat "normally " again....and the weight will come back.

exercise.

Someone who denies themselves of eating is someone who is anorexic, right?

blind_otter
Originally posted by ~Naive~

Someone who denies themselves of eating is someone who is anorexic, right?

Naive, SamGirl lost her boyfriend in a drunk driving accident 2 months ago.... :(

but yes, you are right, technically...anorexia is a control issue, whereas I think she is just depressed.

Originally posted by blind_otter

Naive, SamGirl lost her boyfriend in a drunk driving accident 2 months ago.... :(

but yes, you are right, technically...anorexia is a control issue, whereas I think she is just depressed.

That's sad to hear and understandable but anyone who just wants to lose weight and does not eat to do so without a doubt has anorexia.

I've been trying to educate my wife on this very subject who is obsessed with loosing 12 lbs before our Mexico trip. Starving yourself may loose you a few lbs but when you do start eating again you will gain it back if not more very quickly. And during that time you will starve your body of very much needed vitamins and proteins that keep your body healthy and functioning. You will be very prone to getting sick and not have much energy as well.

When you begin to starve yourself or not take in enough food your body will react by trying to store more fat like a bear preparing for hibernation. To do this it slows down your metabolism tremedalously so that your body is not burning off as much as it could in order to be able to get by during the long periods your not eating. It is built in self perserve mode that you body goes into in a time of crisis.

You will loose weight and keep it off if you do just the opposite. You need to increase your metabolism so that you are burning off more and more often. To do this you eat 4 to 5 small meals a day. When i say small I'm talking about the size of your feast and no more. Think of it as a work out for your metabolism, if you are eating 4 to 5 times it day it is having to work more often and getting stronger versus the starving method where it works out very little and becomes week. You metabolism will speed up and you begin burning off more fat than you ever have.

But you have to pay attention to what you eat as well. The first few weeks eat lots of protein meals like chicken, fish, etc. No packaged foods, sugars or complex carbs. Stick to things your body needs and can digest easily. Drink lots of water and avoid sodas. I think you will find this will loose you weight faster, keep it off and it much safer and actually very healthy for you versus starving yourself.

Originally posted by TUDOR

I've been trying to educate my wife on this very subject who is obsessed with loosing 12 lbs before our Mexico trip. Starving yourself may loose you a few lbs but when you do start eating again you will gain it back if not more very quickly. And during that time you will starve your body of very much needed vitamins and proteins that keep your body healthy and functioning. You will be very prone to getting sick and not have much energy as well.

When you begin to starve yourself or not take in enough food your body will react by trying to store more fat like a bear preparing for hibernation. To do this it slows down your metabolism tremedalously so that your body is not burning off as much as it could in order to be able to get by during the long periods your not eating. It is built in self perserve mode that you body goes into in a time of crisis.

You will loose weight and keep it off if you do just the opposite. You need to increase your metabolism so that you are burning off more and more often. To do this you eat 4 to 5 small meals a day. When i say small I'm talking about the size of your feast and no more. Think of it as a work out for your metabolism, if you are eating 4 to 5 times it day it is having to work more often and getting stronger versus the starving method where it works out very little and becomes week. You metabolism will speed up and you begin burning off more fat than you ever have.

But you have to pay attention to what you eat as well. The first few weeks eat lots of protein meals like chicken, fish, etc. No packaged foods, sugars or complex carbs. Stick to things your body needs and can digest easily. Drink lots of water and avoid sodas. I think you will find this will loose you weight faster, keep it off and it much safer and actually very healthy for you versus starving yourself.

Thanks for the advice i finally ate something and you are right i feel a bit weak even if it was only 2 days.I only wanted to drop pounds fast cause my annoying mother keeps poking jokes when she is the last person who should talk but whatever thanks :)
  • 2 weeks later...

Well To Live starve is not a permanant solution for this kind of problem if you really wanted to lose weight then you need to control over your kind of food you are taking right noe i mean , i am not saying you to stop taking food but to take some healthy , low fatty food that might be helpful for you.

you need to go for excercise daily to lose weight. i my personal perception, there is no short cut for weight loss. so you have to take proper precaution on how to handle weight gain. As there sre various site that might give an insight into weight loss information are available on internet. i have visited a site http://www.slimtour.com here i got a lot information on weight loss. so you can try it , perhaps it could help you. :)

Ok...I'm not a fitness expert but I could play one on the radio...ok, bad joke.

I recently dropped 25 lbs on the emotionally stressed hotdog and mac/cheese diet. not so good for you though.

In reality, you should not eat after 9pm. Drink ALOT of water, and drop all colas even diet ones. Meals need to be sensible and have alot of green vegetables. Starving yourself accomplishes the wrong results. Muscle mass is the first area loss, not fat. Your system is deprived of the energy it needs in order to raise your metabolism to burn the fat you have. You probably have made very little dent in your total body fat and probably are impacting muscle instead.

You need to focus on aerobic exercises to increase the heart rate to effectively raise your metabolism. Lifting weights is possible, but very low amounts of weight at much more reps. Otherwise you are going to gain weight because of the increase in muscle mass rather than toning and teaching your body to change.

The other things people don't realize, you CAN cheat on your diet once in a while. Not binge. But it gives the body a jolt and can actually help BUT you have to stick with the controlled diet. Carbs are also bad because people tend to OD on them. You can have them but in sensible amounts. Sugars are to be avoided unless you have some WHILE exercising. Though running and eating a snickers isn't what you should envision.

If your wife is looking at trying to loose weight in short time. I say drink ALOT of water. Granted water weight arguments, but you flush out your system. Plus you reduce your consumption of food by reducing the amount of food that can go in due to the water you drink.

reservoirdog1

Generally, I think losing weight by not eating is "easier" if you're also under a lot of stress. Not the best way to do it.

The Body-for-Life program talks about eating pretty healthy for six days a week, and on day seven, eating whatever you want. The theory behind this is that it fools your body's "fat retention mode" -- by giving yourself a really good feed once a week you trick your body into NOT stockpiling fat. Haven't tried this program yet but I will be once I finish reading the book.

I've also tried Atkins and that worked like a hot damn. Not as good for the long term, but hell... who knew you could lose that much weight and still eat so much meat and cheese?

wishinggirl

Hey every one. I'm new here and I read how you all help eachother and I think it's great. I really need your help. My guy friend whom I haven't seen in 2 years is coming down to see me and if he saw how much weight I gained I would just die. When he saw me last I was 130lbs Now I am 190 lbs. I'm so depressed about it too. He's going to be coming down in 8 weeks and I hope to lose about 50 lbs in 8 weeks. Is this possible? I've started exercising everyday doing tae bo and drink nothing but water and eat healthy for the past 4 days, but I feel like I'm getting no wheres. How long will it take before I see results? I hope soon

Also how much weight can you lose in a week? Thank you for all your great stories It's great motivation. :)

blind_otter
Originally posted by wishinggirl

Hey every one. I'm new here and I read how you all help eachother and I think it's great. I really need your help. My guy friend whom I haven't seen in 2 years is coming down to see me and if he saw how much weight I gained I would just die. When he saw me last I was 130lbs Now I am 190 lbs. I'm so depressed about it too. He's going to be coming down in 8 weeks and I hope to lose about 50 lbs in 8 weeks. Is this possible? I've started exercising everyday doing tae bo and drink nothing but water and eat healthy for the past 4 days, but I feel like I'm getting no wheres. How long will it take before I see results? I hope soon

Also how much weight can you lose in a week? Thank you for all your great stories It's great motivation. :)

Initially you can lose a lot of water weight but I think like 2-3 lbs. a week is a good pace.

wishinggirl

But how long will it take me to see results. I'm tired of looking at the scale and not seeing results. I'm doing everything right ... just how long does it take to speed up your metabolism?

well thank you

wishinggirl

For all of you that want a good diet and to loose weight quick...this would be great!!

Doctors say there is nothing wrong with it too

All you have to do is eat peanut butter and bread.

breakfast: eat slice of bread with peanut butter on it about 2 tea spoons

lunch: eat slice of bread with peanut butter on it about 2 tea spoons

dinner: eat slice of bread with peanut butter on it about 2 tea spoons

your not starving yourself actually because of the fat from the peanut butter It gives your body an energy boost.

so your not slowing your metabolism down! Just do that and follow it with exercise and when your body gets use to it after the first couple days you should lose between 5 to 10 lbs in a week!!!

But make sure you drink nothing but water!

Keep up all the great work!!! :D

• 6 months later...

Look dontlook at me funny

im 14-18 black cant tell u which one i weight like 260 i know that aint heatly but im 5'9 so it hard to tell i eight that much it looks like i weigh like 180 or sumthing but

i tried to work out it dontwork it belike **** it i wont do it candy pop all that hard cuz im a teen n i been around it but i wanna starve my self seem like its the only way

i cant get a boyfriend they just want sumone thick

when i did have one his friends jokes bout me calling me big worm so he broke up with me i just wanna be able to go shopping n not look for a size 24 maybe a size 16 i think i will starve my self

i dont come on hurr alot