LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Looking to get myself back

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By daz3dandconfus3d
  • 2 Post By d0nnivain
  • 1 Post By d0nnivain
  • 1 Post By daz3dandconfus3d

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2017, 8:20 AM   #1

Looking to get myself back

Hey all ive recently got out of a very damaging relationship, over the relationship ive coped with it through comfort eating and being lazy!
I've put on about 6 stone in the three years and my eating habits have completely gone too crap!

I want to get back to how I was prior to all of this lose the weight and become a healthier person! I'm going to the local gym to sign up later but was wondering if anyone had any advice on my predicament?

its been such a long time I feel that I don't know how to exercise any more or where to even start!

Thank you
Cersei likes this.
daz3dandconfus3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 9:04 AM   #2
Established Member

No advice per se . . .just some encouragement. I think it's great that you are planning these positive changes. I know there are apps you can put on your phone to track what you eat & how often you exercise. I lost about 1.5 stone using one.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 10:24 AM   #3

any idea which one you were using ive looked at them in the past seems to be way too many! thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 10:25 AM   #4
Established Member

I used MFP
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 10:28 AM   #5

oo ill check it out! you've been so very helpful! So thank you its very appreciated
Old 15th October 2017, 1:07 PM   #6
Established Member

Best of luck. I am in a similar situation and just recently joined the gym. So I don't have any real advice yet but I do have a suggestion of something to avoid.

Be sure to do this for you and you alone. Don't ever rely on anybody else to do this with you. I walked consistently for a full year. I have had so many friends say they wanted to come and either never showed up or cancelled. I waited around for them or planned around their schedule. Don't do that! Please don't, it sucks! Friends may show interest and want to join you but let them know what and when you will be doing. If they are there fine, if not continue guilt free.
Cersei is offline   Reply With Quote