LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Unnatural Hair Colors

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th July 2017, 6:21 PM   #46
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
I think only a few people can wear it well but have you considered silver grey?

Sort of a silver blue can work, too.

<------ (daughter again, temporarily)
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 9:59 PM   #47
Established Member

If you're thinking about it, do it!

Had a few colors in the past including ombres until I entered the work force.
anduina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 6:52 AM   #48

If you were 18 or younger, sure. I guess. Nothing to do with me.

But if you're over 18.....I am totally going to be internally questioning it and judging you. Especially as you get farther from 18.

No, I don't even consider going for women under 25 and holy **** if this is an issue.

edit: it won't be an issue. You can just hook up with the dudes that work at Walmart or are virgins after 18.

Last edited by Imported; 25th July 2017 at 6:57 AM..
Imported is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 8:02 AM   #49
Established Member

I've always had a bit of fun changing up my hair. I've done dark purple and all sorts of different reds. I went to the salon to do blonde but it was a lot of maintenance.

Last week, I decided to take the plunge, go to the salon and do what I've wanted to do for a while - go a bit mad. I now have a rainbow of blue and purples. I love it and I've had lots of compliments. My dad hates it. I've done it for me and no-one else. Not really attention either, any more than I wear make-up, do my hair and go outside in something other than a onesie. I have to stare at my hair in the mirror every day and it makes me smile.

I was a little nervous about work but, so far, there have been no problems. People are generally more accepting about it all now.
Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 1:33 PM   #50

Brunettes wanting to go blonde makes Bastile a sad man

Had a girlfriend that wanted to go blonde, and we had to agree on blonde highlights.

Hair colours can be nice when feminine and girly. Not sure that I've ever seen it improve a girls appearance though. It seems more something women want to do, because they are bored and like playing with their hair.

I generally avoid women with aggressive buzz-cuts and colours, as being likely lesbian/feminist/or whatever.

And I'm basically right. I went out with a girl that was a pretty severe feminist for a bit, and she showed me pictures of when she had one of these weird hairstyles. I would never have started to begin with under that circumstance.

It's just one of the funny things about life, that the beautiful feminine girls like being approached the most. There's a reason they look like that
Bastile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 1:48 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastile View Post
Brunettes wanting to go blonde makes Bastile a sad man

Had a girlfriend that wanted to go blonde, and we had to agree on blonde highlights.

Hair colours can be nice when feminine and girly. Not sure that I've ever seen it improve a girls appearance though. It seems more something women want to do, because they are bored and like playing with their hair.

I generally avoid women with aggressive buzz-cuts and colours, as being likely lesbian/feminist/or whatever.

And I'm basically right. I went out with a girl that was a pretty severe feminist for a bit, and she showed me pictures of when she had one of these weird hairstyles. I would never have started to begin with under that circumstance.

It's just one of the funny things about life, that the beautiful feminine girls like being approached the most. There's a reason they look like that
This is interesting and it got me thinking....

In my own life, I have had pretty much the same "genre" of hairstyle my whole life since the age of 18. I have thick, somewhat course blond hair and a round face, so I keep it sort of long, and it will NEVER be flat and sleek because there's too much of it. If only the 80's had lasted forever....

When I look back, EVERY time I have done something drastically different, it was during a time of stress or unhappiness. I wonder how many women suddenly do something crazy (not that color is crazy) with their hair because of discontent or unhappiness?
knabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 2:03 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by knabe View Post

In my own life, I have had pretty much the same "genre" of hairstyle my whole life since the age of 18. I have thick, somewhat course blond hair and a round face, so I keep it sort of long, and it will NEVER be flat and sleek because there's too much of it. If only the 80's had lasted forever....

When I look back, EVERY time I have done something drastically different, it was during a time of stress or unhappiness. I wonder how many women suddenly do something crazy (not that color is crazy) with their hair because of discontent or unhappiness?
Maybe. There definitely is something off putting about it.

Attraction isn't really a choice that we make. So, I'm basically trying to verbalize something that is really just a switch getting triggered.

Last time I went over to talk to a woman with one of those weird styles, she legit rolled her eyes

Easier to chat up a 10. I have to laugh sometimes at how life works.
Old 26th July 2017, 2:22 PM   #53
Established Member

Quote:

Yes I have heard things from men like "SJW" "Not attractive" "It's a clear sign of mental illness or that she will be easy" Haha. But oh well. I am coloring it for ME.

And it's not like I'm Britney Spearsing here. This has been a decision I have been wanting to take the plunge on for a LONG time. Like, since high school. If I had it my way, I would have had tried it a long time ago but my job at the time, my parents (!!! they will probably freak now, at least my mom), and my fear of drawing too much attention wouldn't have allowed it

I love that silvery lilac too. We shall see how it goes
anduina and Bastile like this.

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 26th July 2017 at 2:30 PM..
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 2:35 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
Yes I have heard things from men like "SJW" "Not attractive" "It's a clear sign of mental illness or that she will be easy" Haha. But oh well. I am coloring it for ME.

And it's not like I'm Britney Spearsing here. This has been a decision I have been wanting to take the plunge on for a LONG time. Like, since high school. If I had it my way, I would have had tried it a long time ago but my job at the time, my parents (!!! they will probably freak now, at least my mom), and my fear of drawing too much attention wouldn't have allowed it

I love that silvery lilac too. We shall see how it goes
Yeah, I figured someone would choose to be offended. I was talking about ME. And I don't think, nor did i say, that changing one's hair is a sign of mental illness.

I was simply responding to another poster's words and how they struck ME.

I said earlier upthread I wish I were younger because I think it would be fun to try pastel hair.
Old 26th July 2017, 2:40 PM   #55
Established Member

Quote:
Yeah, I figured someone would choose to be offended. I was talking about ME. And I don't think, nor did i say, that changing one's hair is a sign of mental illness.

I was simply responding to another poster's words and how they struck ME.

I said earlier upthread I wish I were younger because I think it would be fun to try pastel hair.
I was not offended! Sorry, I think you misunderstood my post. I was actually agreeing with you and just adding comments of what other people have told me they assume.
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 2:46 PM   #56

Quote:
"You go girl"

Was just speaking in general. As a guy, it's something that baffles/interests me how women play with their hair.

Think I've had 4 different hair styles in my life.

In the same way that I currently have about 5 pairs of shoes.
Old 26th July 2017, 2:50 PM   #57

Quote:
I was not offended! Sorry, I think you misunderstood my post. I was actually agreeing with you and just adding comments of what other people have told me they assume.
Sorry. My hair isn't red anymore, but maybe I still have some vestiges......lol

I was disappointed that I didn't look good as a redhead. I always wanted red hair....sigh.....
Old 26th July 2017, 2:51 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastile View Post
"You go girl"

Was just speaking in general. As a guy, it's something that baffles/interests me how women play with their hair.

Think I've had 4 different hair styles in my life.

In the same way that I currently have about 5 pairs of shoes.
Off topic but 5 pairs of shoes is like having one potato chip.....

If I touch my hair after eating lots of potato chips it makes it oily, which affects the color....
Bastile likes this.
Old 26th July 2017, 3:14 PM   #59
Established Member

I thought it was great in the 1970s when it was rare, but now that you see it even on grade school kids, it's a little too commonplace for me. But if someone wants blue hair, go for it as long as it doesn't hold you back. I did burgundy and my employer wasn't nuts about it even though I was in the record business. I kind of think colored hair should come and go and not be a permanent fixture. You can always do colored wigs and hairpieces instead of dying your hair like that and then take them off to go to work. I still have an old pink Marilyn wig. I died one lavender in about 1972 but it's gone to gray now. I think wigs and pieces are a better alternative. Dying is hard on your hair (bleaching)
Old 26th July 2017, 3:35 PM   #60

Quote:
Off topic but 5 pairs of shoes is like having one potato chip.....
It's a sacrilege. I know

I've heard women taking pride in the size of their heels, in the same way that guys take pride in the size of their... personality.

Loads of shoes, and a guy with a big personality. This is every girl's dream, methinks.