LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Unnatural Hair Colors

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th July 2017, 8:30 AM   #31
Established Member

I have a couple of daughters who often dye their hair pink or turquoise or some other color. I think they're way cute.

A woman my age who dyes her hair some neon day-glo color kind of makes me go "hmmm".
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 10:02 AM   #32
Established Member

If I was 25 years younger, I would definitely try that pastel mermaid thing. Sigh. I'm too old.

I have always been blond. Well, until my 20, when I started getting "roots." From then on I lightened my hair, thinking I was no longer blond.

A couple of years ago I decided to try red. NOPE. I don't have the skin tone for it - I'm blond but my skin is somewhat olive.

I had all the color stripped completely out, and guess what color my hair has been since? BLOND So I guess I wasted years of money lol.

Oh to be 25 again.....
Old 24th July 2017, 1:29 PM   #33
Established Member

I love it, but I like alternative looks, different hair colors, piercings, tats, yes to all of the above. Many men like their women more traditional.
GunslingerRoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 2:34 PM   #34
Established Member

Nope. Healthy, shiny hair. I've kept mine longish and never colored it. I am a woman, btw.
Timshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 2:55 PM   #35
Established Member

My daughter has been dying her hair for a while now. She's had periods where she wouldn't have it colored and even donated her hair more than a couple times because her hair grows wicked fast and they don't take dyed hair.

The first time she had it done was in the sixth grade. One of her nasty peers judged her for it and asked "does your mom know your hair is that color?" My daughter answered back "she's the one who did it"

This is her hair in the sun just last week
<------ she's 19
Old 24th July 2017, 3:09 PM   #36
Established Member

Cool!

<--- My daughter (for a very limited time).
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 3:11 PM   #37
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaTheater View Post
Cool!

Beautiful!!
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 4:09 PM   #38
Established Member

That's so pretty!!!
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 4:10 PM   #39
Established Member

Journal Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaTheater View Post
Cool!

When was her last appointment with the dentist?
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 4:44 PM   #40
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
That's so pretty!!!
Were you thinking about coloring your hair? And what is your natural color? My daughter has very dark hair, almost black, and it's a huge process to first go blonde then to set the dye long enough to keep the color in.

But she loves it!

She's been different shades of red and purple and now blue. What color were you thinking for yourself?
Old 24th July 2017, 4:53 PM   #41
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
Were you thinking about coloring your hair? And what is your natural color? My daughter has very dark hair, almost black, and it's a huge process to first go blonde then to set the dye long enough to keep the color in.

But she loves it!

She's been different shades of red and purple and now blue. What color were you thinking for yourself?
Pink! A pale pink lol. Yes, my hair is naturally very dark brown, almost black too, but sun has turned it medium brown. I will still have to bleach it quite a bit.

I love that blue. How cool. So you do it for her? Do you use Manic Panic? I was thinking of that or Colorista by L'oreal. The colorful dyes usually fade pretty quick which is good for me as I might freak out the first time and want a 'normal' color
Old 24th July 2017, 5:03 PM   #42
Established Member

Quote:
Pink! A pale pink lol. Yes, my hair is naturally very dark brown, almost black too, but sun has turned it medium brown. I will still have to bleach it quite a bit.

I love that blue. How cool. So you do it for her? Do you use Manic Panic? I was thinking of that or Colorista by L'oreal. The colorful dyes usually fade pretty quick which is good for me as I might freak out the first time and want a 'normal' color
Pale pink is really pretty. My daughter's friend has dark hair with a darker complexion and she rocks pastels. They always work well for her but my daughter is way too pale so needs bold colors.

I don't do her hair anymore. She gets it professionally done and has for a while now. Are you thinking of doing it yourself? I wouldn't recommend that.

Maybe if a friend did it....MAYBE....but probably not....

<----- This was my daughter's hair when the red was taken out and before the blue was put in. You can see how detailed it is. Plus she'd never use any product that tests on animals cause that's who she is...not sure if those brands you mentioned do or don't but I know the salon she uses would never back a product that did
Old 24th July 2017, 5:10 PM   #43
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
Pale pink is really pretty. My daughter's friend has dark hair with a darker complexion and she rocks pastels. They always work well for her but my daughter is way too pale so needs bold colors.

I don't do her hair anymore. She gets it professionally done and has for a while now. Are you thinking of doing it yourself? I wouldn't recommend that.

Maybe if a friend did it....MAYBE....but probably not....

<----- This was my daughter's hair when the red was taken out and before the blue was put in. You can see how detailed it is. Plus she'd never use any product that tests on animals cause that's who she is...not sure if those brands you mentioned do or don't but I know the salon she uses would never back a product that did
Yes, I'm a little nervous on how it will work with my complexion, but you never know until you try. Your daughter's hair is so lovely! It's awesome she has fun with it.
I am actually licensed in cosmetology
They are both cruelty-free and wouldn't have it any other way!

Thank you so much!!!
Old 24th July 2017, 5:16 PM   #44
Established Member

I think only a few people can wear it well but have you considered silver grey?

If on the right person it can be truly striking.

I think once you take the leap you can just have fun with it and change it up. Thank you for saying she has lovely hair.
From a licensed pro that means a lot!!
Old 24th July 2017, 5:18 PM   #45
Established Member

Journal Entries: 3
Quote:
Yes, I'm a little nervous on how it will work with my complexion, but you never know until you try. Your daughter's hair is so lovely! It's awesome she has fun with it.
I am actually licensed in cosmetology
They are both cruelty-free and wouldn't have it any other way!

Thank you so much!!!
Cookies, I assume the pic you use as an avatar is yourself? Allow me a compliment but you have beautiful hair already. I agree that Grace's daughter hair are very lovely too.

Personally I have no problem with women dying their hair and it can be gorgeous.

For those who think it doesn't suit much older women, I dunno. Unless they have grey hair and bleach them or dye them black.
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote