todreaminblue

it isnt a movement but a whole sequence of movements called salute to the sun......i still remember doing it on a beach at sunrise......made me feel so in tune with god..on a natural high...its a beautiful sequence of movements...and when i have done it since then ...it invokes that morning for me..the sounds the hush of waves,the cool wind on my neck ...sunlight i could feel on face.....and that glorious sunrise over navy blue water.....stunning permanent visual and physical visceral memory...my snapshot..........deb

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 1
  • Author
it isnt a movement but a whole sequence of movements called salute to the sun......i still remember doing it on a beach at sunrise......made me feel so in tune with god..on a natural high...its a beautiful sequence of movements...and when i have done it since then ...it invokes that morning for me..the sounds the hush of waves,the cool wind on my neck ...sunlight i could feel on face.....and that glorious sunrise over navy blue water.....stunning permanent visual and physical visceral memory...my snapshot..........deb

I agree completely. Surya Namaskara, sun salutation is such a powerful sequence. It is a moving meditation, a connection with the Divine.

Todreaminblue; I love all your post btw! They are simply beautiful. It shows what a kind and loving heart you have!

Hugs my friend!

• Like 1

Resting Cobbler

Bound Angle/Butterfly

Pigeon Pose

Warrior Pose

Seated Twist

Helps with opening my hips and back for MMA.

• Like 1

Side Plank and Crow are currently my most challenging and enjoyable,

Revolved Triangle is my most frustrating...

Yoga has been one of the best workouts I have ever had....I stay away from the spiritual side of it as it is not aligned with my own spirituality but the physical and breathing side is exceptional.

• Like 1
  • Author
Resting Cobbler

Bound Angle/Butterfly

Pigeon Pose

Warrior Pose

Seated Twist

Helps with opening my hips and back for MMA.

Hi!

I love all those poses. Could you tell me what resting cobbler is? I have never heard of it!

Yes I love the hip opening! Double pigeon/shoelace feels sooooo good for the hips. Going to a yin class so so amazing right now!

Thanks my friend!

• Like 1

Dead body pose !!!

In some ways, it's the hardest actually, because I'm supposed to be calming my mind and my thoughts. Yeah, right!! That never happens.

• Like 1
Hi!

I love all those poses. Could you tell me what resting cobbler is? I have never heard of it!

Yes I love the hip opening! Double pigeon/shoelace feels sooooo good for the hips. Going to a yin class so so amazing right now!

Thanks my friend!

Its a reclined bound angle

https://images.cdn-outlet.com/yo-images/guide/yoga/15511003032011031851.jpg

Just for information - I basically do slow flow beginner yoga. I follow videos by Barbara Benagh. I do these as warm ups before working out or as restorative yoga the next day after a hard workout. Her routines are peaceful and not taxing or strenuous.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=+%5BYoga+for+Beginners+-+Barbara+Benagh

Edited by dichotomy
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

How quickly we fall from grace into the ephemeral world. :p

I've been doing a ton of backends lately. Heart openers to send out love and joy!

Big hugs my friends!!!!!

• Like 1

Frog pose

Happy Baby pose

Low lunge (it's almost painful, but my hips feel sooo good afterwards)

Bow pose (feels so good on the lower back)

• Like 1
bet you have stiff muscles now

*snort* :laugh:

And can she do plow pose without being suffocated?

I LOVE yoga, the type of yoga I do is vinyasa. I love movement with breath. I guess if I had to pick one pose to remain in it would be plank. I have fun with crow pose and standing bow pose feels so good.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy Baby pose. In Yin yoga, where you need to keep it for a long time and let go completely. It's quite emotionally intense for me - made me realize how much our body and mind/emotions are intertwined.

Tree pose, because it's easy and relaxing for me.

Mountain pose (tadasana) makes me feel strong and powerful.

Plank pose - because I've gotten better at it and that feels good.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

From Kundalini yoga - Sat Kriya

Increases energy/sensuality

Have a beautiful day my friends!!!

Downward dog feels great I agree. And child's pose.

The last time I took a class we were in downward dog for a lot of the class. My wrists and shoulders hurt so badly from all my weight there (I'm top heavy). It's one of my most least favorite poses now. But to each their own. I think I prefer things like Pilates over yoga so take my opinion from the angle yoga is one of my least favorite forms of exercise. The main reason I do it from time to time is because BF really enjoys it. For my workouts alone I prefer dance, HIIT, and weights.

Edited by Miss Peach
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I do like the clumsy flower, and the plunging airplane. But my favorite pose belongs in the adult section of LS.

The last time I took a class we were in downward dog for a lot of the class. My wrists and shoulders hurt so badly from all my weight there (I'm top heavy).

I do have to agree with part of this - downward dog is a bit hard on my shoulders. I can only do this pose for one movement for like two mins. I could not do it repeatedly or for most of a session.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yoga is supposed to heal not cause pain. Downward dog can be modified, by keeping a bend in the knees, to make more space for the shoulders. You can also use blocks or other props. Or replace the pose with another like puppy pose.

Remember is not about how the pose looks, but how it FEELS.

Have a blissful and beautiful day my friends!!!!!

• Like 3

I like all bended, twisted etc asanas. The ones that involve stretching - not so much. Maybe my favorite is bonded lotus.

• Like 1