LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Favorite Yoga Pose

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2017, 3:48 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
bet you have stiff muscles now

*snort*

And can she do plow pose without being suffocated?

I LOVE yoga, the type of yoga I do is vinyasa. I love movement with breath. I guess if I had to pick one pose to remain in it would be plank. I have fun with crow pose and standing bow pose feels so good.
divegrl likes this.
Old 12th June 2017, 5:45 AM   #17
Established Member

Happy Baby pose. In Yin yoga, where you need to keep it for a long time and let go completely. It's quite emotionally intense for me - made me realize how much our body and mind/emotions are intertwined.

Tree pose, because it's easy and relaxing for me.

Mountain pose (tadasana) makes me feel strong and powerful.

Plank pose - because I've gotten better at it and that feels good.
lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 2:16 PM   #18

Downward dog feels great I agree. And child's pose.
don't talk to me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 3:17 PM   #19
Established Member

From Kundalini yoga - Sat Kriya

Increases energy/sensuality

https://youtu.be/YqrMytXWr24

Have a beautiful day my friends!!!

Our purpose in life is to help others; if we can't help them at least don't hurt them.
divegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 11:54 AM   #20
Established Member

Location: With Professor Plum in the Library with the Candlestick
Quote:
Originally Posted by don't talk to me View Post
Downward dog feels great I agree. And child's pose.
The last time I took a class we were in downward dog for a lot of the class. My wrists and shoulders hurt so badly from all my weight there (I'm top heavy). It's one of my most least favorite poses now. But to each their own. I think I prefer things like Pilates over yoga so take my opinion from the angle yoga is one of my least favorite forms of exercise. The main reason I do it from time to time is because BF really enjoys it. For my workouts alone I prefer dance, HIIT, and weights.

Last edited by Miss Peach; 29th June 2017 at 11:56 AM..
Miss Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 10:46 PM   #21
Established Member

I do like the clumsy flower, and the plunging airplane. But my favorite pose belongs in the adult section of LS.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:31 PM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Peach View Post
The last time I took a class we were in downward dog for a lot of the class. My wrists and shoulders hurt so badly from all my weight there (I'm top heavy).

I do have to agree with part of this - downward dog is a bit hard on my shoulders. I can only do this pose for one movement for like two mins. I could not do it repeatedly or for most of a session.
divegrl likes this.
Old 18th July 2017, 7:54 PM   #23
Established Member

Yoga is supposed to heal not cause pain. Downward dog can be modified, by keeping a bend in the knees, to make more space for the shoulders. You can also use blocks or other props. Or replace the pose with another like puppy pose.

Remember is not about how the pose looks, but how it FEELS.

Have a blissful and beautiful day my friends!!!!!
divegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 8:23 AM   #24
Established Member

I like all bended, twisted etc asanas. The ones that involve stretching - not so much. Maybe my favorite is bonded lotus.
divegrl likes this.
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote