LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

What are you doing to get in shape?

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th May 2017, 4:30 PM   #31
Established Member

Location: With Professor Plum in the Library with the Candlestick
On another thread someone mentioned Mike Matthews and I've been doing his weight lifting routines. I haven't dropped much weight but I can see my muscles now popping out all over my body.
Miss Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2017, 9:20 AM   #32
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTraveler View Post
Since it's winter in the US, what are you doing to get in or stay in shape since it's cold outside?

Me: Workout and lift 3-4x a week
Hot yoga 3x a week

You?
I swim every day before work. Kickboxing 2x week, weights 2x week, bike ride 2x week. eat well, nuts, meat beans veggies. moderate fruit and carbs. No sugar. wine three times a year and no other alcohol at all
divegrl likes this.
Aqulesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2017, 11:11 AM   #33
Established Member

Aqulesco- I agree. Healthy nutrition is essential to staying in shape.

Lots of veggies, lean protein, healthy fats.

Lots of yoga.

Lots of playing in the sunshine!!!!
Aqulesco likes this.

Our purpose in life is to help others; if we can't help them at least don't hurt them.
divegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 12:20 PM   #34
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divegrl View Post
Aqulesco- I agree. Healthy nutrition is essential to staying in shape.

Lots of veggies, lean protein, healthy fats.

Lots of yoga.

Lots of playing in the sunshine!!!!
I forgot sunshine. This is the best shape ive been in since 2002. I have been doing it for a year and feel great
divegrl likes this.
Aqulesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 3:54 PM   #35
Established Member

Nothing! I'm going for fat and sassy!

I'm pretty much a vegan/vegetarian and I love yoga and walking. Now that the pool is open I'll swim.

And yes plenty of sunshine!
Old 2nd June 2017, 7:58 PM   #36
Established Member

30-60 minutes of cardio at least 4x a week.
Yoga as much as I can.

Lots of water.
No alcohol during the week.
Low to no carbs at dinner.
8-9 hours of sleep each night.
Old 7th June 2017, 1:36 AM   #37
Established Member

I just ate a burrito. Round is a shape.
enigma32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 8:55 PM   #38
Established Member

I do My Fitness Pal and work out several times a week. I'm just now getting into the gym so I haven't tried free weights yet but I plan to next week.
Real36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 10:11 PM   #39

I've been doing P90x for 3 and 1/2 years now and it's got me in fantastic shape. I think I'm in better shape than when I ran track in high school. Proper diet and LOT'S of water.
MercuryMorrison1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 2:03 AM   #40
Established Member

I eat healthy create my own foods from scratch, don't use process foods, keep away from vinegar and oils and if I use oil very lightly. I drink a lot of Rooibos Tea at room temp. I eat a lot of fiber too. My fridge is full of veggies and fruits..
Not into eating dead animals stuff like that. Try to keep everything together. Workout in home gym just need 3 devices or less. I am very strong also.. I've come up with ways to shed pounds in 30 days like 37 lbs. Another method to continue from there. I say I am doing wonderful..
Age doesn't matter, but Love does matter! Which love it's the magical one "I love you" also I am in love with you" More powerful than anyone age! If you really love that person you are so interested in you would move heavens and mountains to reach them!'
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 9:53 AM   #41

I recently bought a really cool mens sweatshirt but its too small for me so i'm using that as a motivation for losing weight!
brownsugar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2017, 10:34 AM   #42

I just got my butt totally kicked at a spartan race. Made me realize that I'm not in as good of shape as I thought. I did 30 burpees yesterday. Gonna do another 30 today. Might start jumping rope. I say maybe because I hardly ever follow through on my workout plans. I really do want to get in better shape so I can do the race again next year and finish it faster (and without suffering as much).
lostmyshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 2:36 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTraveler View Post
Since it's winter in the US, what are you doing to get in or stay in shape since it's cold outside?

Me: Workout and lift 3-4x a week
Hot yoga 3x a week

You?
I dont do much.

Sit ups in the morning with push ups and some light bar bells to wake me up and I only do it for heart health, and I gave up driving about a decade ago because public transportation can bring me anywhere in the city faster and cheaper.

I wear the same size pants today that I wore 25 years ago...and thats the truth. I eat healthy for the most part. No instant food because I literally cook all my meals and I rarely eat any fast food or eat at any of those big box joints advertised on Tv. I never ate Applebees, Chilis, Longhorn Steakhouse, etc.

Must be me. I like to cook.
stixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 3:04 AM   #44
Established Member

I went clubbing last week. Great exercise.

And I do some working out with weights while my son has his P/T
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 9:16 AM   #45
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
I went clubbing last week. Great exercise.

And I do some working out with weights while my son has his P/T
I'm all for getting in shape, but not at the expense of poor defenseless baby seals....

TFY