LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

What are you doing to get in shape?

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2017, 12:27 PM   #1
Established Member

What are you doing to get in shape?

Since it's winter in the US, what are you doing to get in or stay in shape since it's cold outside?

Me: Workout and lift 3-4x a week
Hot yoga 3x a week

You?
Old 17th March 2017, 1:49 PM   #2
Established Member

I joined Planet Fitness & downloaded an app on my phone which keeps track of how many calories I consume.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 1:53 PM   #3
Established Member

i walk for 30 minutes per day
Old 17th March 2017, 2:03 PM   #4
Established Member

It's nice outside here

I run a few miles (usually 3) 4-5 days a week. I do the stairs to coit tower (approximately 400 ) on my run about 3 days a week. I get out on trail runs on the weekends when the ground isn't too wet.

I horseback ride 5 days a week, and do a lot of farm chores, stacking hay bales, schelp 50 pound sacks around, winter means a lot of ditch digging and hauling wheelbarrows full of mud or gravel.

Then there is the carrying lumber around in a sand arena to set up and break down jumping courses for my horse.

I am glad we can be outdoors here. I hate being stuck in the gym (I only go when my old knee injury won't tolerate running). I like "doing stuff" rather than working out.
RecentChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 2:21 PM   #5
Established Member

We have equipment at our house and hit it 3-4 times a week. The wife takes a power walk everyday for the obvious benefits but what really appeals to her is keeping her tush firm.
Old 17th March 2017, 3:43 PM   #6
Established Member

My workday is physical and I am at the gym religiously 6X week(lifting)...About the only thing is Ill switch to a bit more cardio when the weather starts to break..

I don't let myself get out of shape...If anything, I train harder this time of year...Heat kicks the shyt out of me..so I don't go too nuts when its hot..

TFY
Old 17th March 2017, 3:51 PM   #7
Established Member

Aerial Silks class on Mondays, strength training 2 other days and cardio 4 days a week
startinganew777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 10:42 PM   #8
Established Member

the P90X regiment along with 20 plus miles a week running
and NOT Eating too much.....
curiouslysearching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2017, 1:18 PM   #9

5'11" 185 at 13-14% bodyfat is about as out of shape as I get, except for the prior year where I had a very long down time because of surgery on my shoulder. I just go to the gym and run/lift/run/swim how I feel. Not too worried about any program, order of doing things or rest for growth, so long as I do everything with intensity. I can feel when I do what was needed for lifts and don't actually want my muscles to be bigger than they are already. I just want to harden up more. Looking to drop down to 170ish, get under 10% and really tighten up. It's mostly going to be a calorie cut thing. Lotta fun day-clubs (pool parties) in Vegas, feeling motivated!
Imported is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 7:02 AM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imported View Post
5'11" 185 at 13-14% bodyfat is about as out of shape as I get, except for the prior year where I had a very long down time because of surgery on my shoulder. I just go to the gym and run/lift/run/swim how I feel. Not too worried about any program, order of doing things or rest for growth, so long as I do everything with intensity. I can feel when I do what was needed for lifts and don't actually want my muscles to be bigger than they are already. I just want to harden up more. Looking to drop down to 170ish, get under 10% and really tighten up. It's mostly going to be a calorie cut thing. Lotta fun day-clubs (pool parties) in Vegas, feeling motivated!
Weight drop and fat content is key. I'll start that in May...plus it's beach season

Last edited by TheTraveler; 30th March 2017 at 7:07 AM..
TheTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 11:44 AM   #11
Established Member

I've been juicing and watching my carbs and lost seven pounds this month.
Old 30th March 2017, 11:49 AM   #12
Established Member

Weight training 3 - 4 days a week.
Circuit training 1 day a week.
Swim laps after every workout.

Add snowboarding to that during the winter and I stay in pretty decent shape.
KBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 5:52 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imported View Post
That is good advice....do what works for you. Everyone has a different
body type, metabolism, etc. Find the groove that works for you and
stick to it. DON'T Forget the abs they require specialized work it is beach
time and surfing time
curiouslysearching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 6:57 PM   #14
Established Member

Per week:

Physical: 2xs hot yoga, 3xs weightlifting & Cardio, 1x long hike with dog
Food: Portion control when going out to eat, trying to eat as much whole foods and lean proteins as possible.

I let myself go for last 2 years and one day decided that enough was enough. So, the journey begins!
Old 30th March 2017, 8:34 PM   #15
Established Member

Free weights 2x per week.

Target heart rate walking 3x per week.

Strenuous hike or, right now, serious yard work at one of my rental properties on the weekend.

Technical cave exploration whenever I can.

Lots of sex