LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

What does it mean when you have a ball in your breast?

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th April 2005, 12:20 PM   #1
Established Member

What does it mean when you have a ball in your breast?

I am having a big problem and I don't know if it's just my head messing with me or what. I've had a small ball under my armpit, on my breast for way over 2 years. It has never bothered me until now. I don't know if it started to hurt because someone told me it could be bad or because it actually is causing pain. I keep thinking about it even though I try not to. At the time I can't go to the doctor because I am STILL waiting for my health benefits to kick in Could it be something that is not bad or is it always bad when it comes to having lumps and balls in your breast? You guys I am really freaking out!!! I have it in my head 24/7 since the lady at the Cancer Association told me it can be something real bad.
Naive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2005, 12:24 PM   #2
Established Member

AKA: a lump

They say if it's painful, it's a good sign. You seriously need to have it checked out though (when your bennies kick in). Some people are more nodular (like me!!!) and a lot of women have fibrocystic breast disease (not anything too serious).

Did you find it, or did it point itself out to you, with the pain?

Peace, love and tie~dye...I'm out yo!
tiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2005, 12:26 PM   #3
Established Member

it COULD be bad, as well as it COULD be nothing, but you do not know yetr.

Your lymph nodes are in the area under your pits.....so it may be some sort of blockage from thatt.

it could also be a cyst.....i have one on my back, near my arm pit.

it could be a fatty tumor, are cancerous.

You HAVE to get it looked at!

you can prob. go to a low cost clinic.
Old 26th April 2005, 12:28 PM   #4
Established Member

I found it a few years back while I was shaving but it never ever hurt until now so now am freaking out and my brain is working overload I just don't want it to be something bad. Why do you say it's a good sign if it hurts?
Old 26th April 2005, 12:31 PM   #5
Established Member

Idunno, that's just something I've heard over the years, working in the medical field. My mom has lymphoma, hers never hurt.

lRB is right, it could just be a lymph node. It's on your underarm/breast area? Do you have any sores on your head or anything? Any infections?
Old 26th April 2005, 12:34 PM   #6
Established Member

are the glands in your neck sore? sore to the touch if you poke a little under/ near your jaw?
laRubiaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2005, 12:36 PM   #7
NTB
Established Member

well really i can't say cause well that is not my thing but i had a exgf whose sister would get lumps in her armpit like you say but it wasn't cancer or anything she would go to the doctor and they give her stuff and it would go away but come back....... finally the doctor told her to have the lump remove it was something that had to do with her hormones that is why she would get the lump there i wish i could remember what it was....... but you should really go get it checked out it could be nothing like my exgf sister but the sooner you get it check the sooner you mind will be at ease................
NTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2005, 12:36 PM   #8
Unconfirmed Account

Under your arm? Pain? Most likely a lymph node.

Mine do that, especially when my allergies kick in. Mostly my arm pit and neck lymph nodes.

However, IIWY, I'd get a mamogram just to be safe.
ConfusedInOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2005, 12:46 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally posted by laRubiaBonita
are the glands in your neck sore? sore to the touch if you poke a little under/ near your jaw?
Yes they are. Why?

Now about the mammogram.. I'm scared to get one because they say that when you have one done and you are too young it can be bad.
Old 26th April 2005, 12:49 PM   #10
Established Member

Naive, are you sick anywhere? It could just be a swollen gland, even if it's just sinus drainage or a sore on your scalp. It really sounds like your glands are swollen. That usually calls for antibiotics.

When does your healthcare kick in?
Old 26th April 2005, 12:52 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Naive~

Yes they are. Why?
cause it is most likely you are fighting off a cold or infection of somesort and your glands are sore.....you have them in your neck, your arm pits, your groin....and maybe somewhere else?

anyways, they help your kidneys filter toxins out of your body, and these glands can get sore and swell when they are "working" out infections and colds and allergins.

so it may just be inflammed and sore cause if that, and i would assume it should stop hurting in a few days to a week, BUT get it checked when you get health insur.
laRubiaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2005, 12:55 PM   #12
Established Member

Could you do an online search to see if there are any free health clinics available in your area?

How 'bout your folks?...Maybe they have a general practitioner they could take you to see just for an initial check? I know if it were my daughter, I'd drag her kicking and screaming into that office if she informed me she had a lump. As a matter of fact…I did!!

It may not be anything to panic about, but you really shouldn't procrastinate about these things. If it does turn out to be something more serious, you don't want to put things off until it's too late. This forum is no place for medical second-guessing.

Shoot --- get your ars down here and I'll drag you to the d*mn doctors myself!
Old 26th April 2005, 12:58 PM   #13
Established Member

The only thing is that I've had this ball for more than 2 yrs.
Old 26th April 2005, 1:00 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EnigmaXOXO
Could you do an online search to see if there are any free health clinics available in your area?

How 'bout your folks?...Maybe they have a general practitioner they could take you to see just for an initial check? I know if it were my daughter, I'd drag her kicking and screaming into that office if she informed me she had a lump. As a matter of fact…I did!!
Unfortunately my mom is dead and my dad does not care.
Old 26th April 2005, 1:01 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Naive~
Yes they are. Why?

Now about the mammogram.. I'm scared to get one because they say that when you have one done and you are too young it can be bad.
But if it's cancer and they detect it early enough it's definitely better. You should go to a good doctor who will decide if a mammogram is necessary or not.

Do women in the States not have regular check-up with their gyno? (I should have them, too, but I hate going to doctors. )

Naive, Enigma is absolutely right.
tokyo is offline   Reply With Quote