LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

A question for the ladies about MEN's weight

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th January 2017, 11:55 AM   #16
Established Member

I'm 6-2 and 220. I've dated petite women and tall women and in between. 4'10 to 6'0. Only one woman ever said a thing about my weight. She said she usually dated thinner guys, but that didn't stop her from hooking up with me and coming back for more.

Most women I have talked to want a man that is bigger and stronger than she is and usually prefer omeone who is taller.

A 5'10 woman that I know was on OLD. She didn't like guys of slight to medium build. She said she was afraid she would break them. She'd always next them. I asked her why she didn't put a height and weight requirement on her profile. She thought it was shallow. She wanted to give them a chance. But invariable she'd not be attracted to the small guys after they met in person.
Old 24th January 2017, 1:20 PM   #17
Established Member

I like them 3/4 to 2X's heavier than me.
Old 24th January 2017, 2:10 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imported View Post
This [IMO] is just stupid.

edit: I understand you're from Canada and you got a drama teacher leading all of you......which explains this.
This made my day...

Anyway back to the original post, it's ridiculous to try and quantify something like a percentage of weight that a woman should weigh in comparison to you.

It depends on so many factors. The fact that you are quite a thin guy might make you think that you should be with an equally thin woman but there is no magic formula that makes that happen. You didn't say anything about height but that is also a factor. A tall man is more likely to date a woman considerably shorter, which will help him outweigh her by a lot. If you are short you are much more likely to be with someone similar in size to yourself.

Also a lot of men greatly underestimate real women's weight. Especially a woman with curves can weigh a fair bit quite easily without appearing fat. Unlike us men who gain most of our fat on our bellies women get the advantage of some better distribution at least up to a certain point.
Old 24th January 2017, 2:16 PM   #19
Established Member

SCP-173,

Your requirements are nuts.

What do you want a freaking dwarf? *

If you did, I doubt they's want to date you.

* No offence to people who are BMI challenged.
Old 30th January 2017, 1:11 PM   #20
Established Member

I sometimes think something similar (and more generous) as a man:

I'm 6'2 and under 200 lbs (on my way to 185). I'm a bit disgusted by how many women weigh as much as me despite being 6-12 inches shorter.

So uh yeah, I feel it's reasonable to want a girl who weighs less than me...
Old 6th February 2017, 6:09 PM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP-173 View Post
I wanted to consult with the women on the forum about this. Would you agree or disagree that your ideal man should be 1/4 to 1/3 heavier than yourself?
You must be pretty small.

I'm 5'6" and 130 pounds, so a guy 1/4-1/3 heavier than me would be between 162-173 pounds. This could work for me since I like rangy guys, but I think I could easily date someone who was 1/2 heavier than I am (195) and that would also be ok. All depending on height, of course.

If your mathematically ideal woman is between 99-110 pounds, that puts you at about 130-140 pounds. How tall are you?
Old 8th February 2017, 3:06 PM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoStick View Post
I sometimes think something similar (and more generous) as a man:

I'm 6'2 and under 200 lbs (on my way to 185). I'm a bit disgusted by how many women weigh as much as me despite being 6-12 inches shorter.

So uh yeah, I feel it's reasonable to want a girl who weighs less than me...
Well, to each their own.

My husband and I weigh almost the same, or he might be 5-8 pounds more. He's 8 inches taller. We're one of those 'tall thin guy/plus-size woman' couples.

He isn't disgusted by it. Many men aren't.

I realized though that I was a LOT happier when I was slimmer and there was a good 40-50 pound difference between us. As we aged, (I'm 47 and he's 45) I gained and he stayed the same, because he is athletic. I really did like how it was years ago when he felt 'big' compared to me, and I was relatively petite. Now we look like the number 10. Or 01.

It's one of the things that is making me try to get back on the wagon and get on a weight-loss plan again. I don't like feeling 'bigger' horizontally compared to him even though he's still taller. I also find 'bigger guys' very attractive because they have that 'bigger than me' feel. Not so much the muscle men but the overweight teddy bear guys.

Last edited by bebe23; 8th February 2017 at 3:09 PM..
Old 9th February 2017, 8:40 AM   #23
Established Member

I just looked up a BMI chart for reference and 95lbs doesn't even appear on it - talk about underweight! That doesn't even take into account muscle, which would be a bit heavier. I'm 5'2 and 120lbs. I get told I'm too thin by people (UK 6-8). I lift weights so have a fair bit of muscle there. But I'm outside your range. How did you come up with these numbers?

I do like a guy to be heavier than me. Probably because a lighter guy would look quite ill! But I'm also insecure about the way I look. I wouldn't like to be with someone who made me feel big. I also like being thrown around a bit and they'd struggle if I out weighed them ;-)
Old 9th February 2017, 8:36 PM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveCakes View Post
OP 95-110lbs is soooo tiny for a woman! I'm 5'2 and very tiny myself and about 128lbs... that is a ridiculous size requirement you have.
A woman of your height should weigh between 101lbs and 137lbs according to the height and weight charts. You are towards the top end of normal weight for your height and are by no means "very tiny".

We have lost sight of what is a normal weight and what is not. People of normal weights may look tiny because so many people are so grossly obese these days but they arent very tiny, they're normal weight. When I was in college I was 5'4 and 117lbs and I didnt consider myself very tiny.

The Op is ridiculous though. May be a new way to date though. Instead of personality profiling he should spend first dates doing BMI charts and percentages to his weight. Lol.

Then of course he meets the perfect woman with a ratio perfect to his weight and she puts on weight with age, pregnancy etc. Then what....?
Old 10th February 2017, 12:13 PM   #25
Established Member

Location: With Professor Plum in the Library with the Candlestick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethIII View Post
A woman of your height should weigh between 101lbs and 137lbs according to the height and weight charts. You are towards the top end of normal weight for your height and are by no means "very tiny".
She said she's a UK6... That's a US size 2. That seems small to me.
Old 10th February 2017, 12:53 PM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Peach View Post
She said she's a UK6... That's a US size 2. That seems small to me.
A woman of 128lbs or nine stone 2lbs as those of us in UK call it, she'd struggle with a size 6 UK.

My mum wears an 8UK, US size 4 and she is 7st7lbs.

But then again sizes have got bigger these days too to take into account how much fatter people are. Marilyn Monroe was a UK 16 and she would probably wear a 10 UK now.
Old 14th February 2017, 10:38 PM   #27
Established Member

So OP, doing the math, I am ascertaining that you weigh less than 140lbs? While I agree that sadly obesity has reached epidemic proportions, I also feel that unless you are particularly short, 140 is rather light for a man. Do you have any desire to build healthy weight (muscle)? If not, there's nothing wrong with that, but I think you'll need to re-think this "theory."

At 5'8" and 120lbs I have an underweight BMI but I still fall out of your "parameters." By this measure your logic seems flawed to me. I think you are a little bit too hung up on this imagined desirable ratio. A woman who cares that much about dating a bigger guy is probably not going to be interested in you - rather, she will be interested in the tall, bulky gym rat.

My husband is a lot bigger than me at 6'4" and 195lbs, but I have dated men significantly shorter and/or lighter. You are thinking about this way more than I, even as a single woman, ever have.
Old 14th February 2017, 10:47 PM   #28
Established Member

This thread is kind of ridiculous.

I'm 5'8 and 155 pounds-- solidly in shape. I work out 5 times a week and eat well. I'm a US size 4. Weight literally means nothing. My frame could never support being 95 pounds-125 pounds. I would be unhealthy.

I've never known the weight of anybody I've ever dated nor have I cared.
Old 15th February 2017, 8:07 PM   #29
Established Member

I could care less what a woman thinks about my body. who cares? who are they? The end all be all to determine what you should look like or for them to accept you?

I body build. But I don't step on stage. That means, I don't care about being ripped, vascular, or have a six pack. If I was doing this for women, yea, Id get a little muscle, stay tight,lean, six pack and thats it. Not hard to do and easy to maintain. women have no idea what big is. They see a guy who is a little lean little muscular and there like OMG hes big!!

I'm 5'9 230lbs. I used to be 250lbs when I was training very very hard and I outgrew my clothes, I couldn't wear a suite, shopping for clothes was a disaster. so I lost 20lbs of muscle mass bc of life. **** happens.

I went to italy 3 years ago weighing 235lbs. The people in italy looked at me like I was an alien. especially in small towns. In america, nobody pays attention. In italy, I couldnt even get a girls number. They looked at me with disgust bc I was very very muscular and big. Did I care? Hell no. I was happy. It means I accomplished what I wanted to do.

My point is, I dont care one bit what women think of my body.
Old 15th February 2017, 8:40 PM   #30
Established Member

So basically, you're telling us that you don't date...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP-173 View Post
I am a single 26-year-old Canadian male.
According to at least two online sources, the average Canadian adult female weighs 153 pounds - the average U.S. adult female, ten pounds more.

For some time, I have believed that the ideal weight for a woman should be 2/3 to 3/4 of her man's weight. So, that puts the ideal mate for me within a window of 99 to 110 pounds. If I'm very generous, I can widen that from 95 to 115 pounds.
This means that the average woman in this country would need to lose something in the neighbourhood of 25% of her weight in order to fit into that window.