LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

A question for the ladies about MEN's weight

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th January 2017, 12:20 AM   #1

A question for the ladies about MEN's weight

On this thread, you can finally stop thinking about your own weight and focus on men's weight! (At least, for the most part)

Alright, so let's get down to the topic.
I am a single 26-year-old Canadian male.
According to at least two online sources, the average Canadian adult female weighs 153 pounds - the average U.S. adult female, ten pounds more.

For some time, I have believed that the ideal weight for a woman should be 2/3 to 3/4 of her man's weight. So, that puts the ideal mate for me within a window of 99 to 110 pounds. If I'm very generous, I can widen that from 95 to 115 pounds.
This means that the average woman in this country would need to lose something in the neighbourhood of 25% of her weight in order to fit into that window.

**Keep in mind: this thread is not about obesity** - height is also a factor here. And yes, I do think there are many beautiful women out there who are heavier than I am. But many of them are not attracted to me, because there are plenty of bigger men well over the 200-pound marker. Smaller girls seem to be attracted to me more.
I wanted to consult with the women on the forum about this. Would you agree or disagree that your ideal man should be 1/4 to 1/3 heavier than yourself?
Old 20th January 2017, 1:55 AM   #2
Established Member

This [IMO] is just stupid.

edit: I understand you're from Canada and you got a drama teacher leading all of you......which explains this.
Then passed right by, And never knew.
― Shel Silverstein

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 22nd January 2017 at 5:46 PM.. Reason: Language
Old 20th January 2017, 9:47 AM   #3
Established Member

I have honestly never thought about your question, never once considered by how much a man should outweigh me.

I like men who are reasonably in shape, as I am active and in shape myself.

That's it.

Signed,
A Canadian woman
Old 20th January 2017, 2:44 PM   #4
Established Member

I am a tall guy (6-3) and use to be thin but have been mostly over 225 since college. I have thought about this too. I have a "thing" for petite girls but NEVER EVER had any luck with petite girls. I am I guess average looks but they seem to ignore me like the plague. I guess I can conclude that petite girls like smaller to medium build guys. Also by the girls I have hooked up with or dated medium to bigger girls like bigger guys. Other theory is most guys like petite girls so petite girls can be more selective and pick the top shelf guys.
Old 20th January 2017, 2:49 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imported View Post
This [IMO] is just stupid.

edit: I understand you're from Canada and you got a drama teacher leading all of you......which explains this.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

His fluffy hair is the killer really.

OP 95-110lbs is soooo tiny for a woman! I'm 5'2 and very tiny myself and about 128lbs... that is a ridiculous size requirement you have.

I personally am attracted to tall and lean, so the guys I usually date are always pretty thin. Do not give a rats ass what they weigh.

I think women are more concerned about the weight between the legs of man

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 22nd January 2017 at 5:46 PM.. Reason: Edit quote
Old 20th January 2017, 6:37 PM   #6
Established Member

I'd never measure so precisely And I love statistics etc but never though to measure up a guy accounting my weight However my last bf was exactly in that range... so maybe the count is right

I think there are plenty 100-110 pound women, but from the short ones. To keep it healthy BMI (>18.5) - target chicks 5'1-5'2 and shorter

... Or just accept that women are attracted also to thinner guys and men are attracted also to heavier women and date in a broader range

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP-173 View Post
On this thread, you can finally stop thinking about your own weight and focus on men's weight! (At least, for the most part)

According to at least two online sources, the average Canadian adult female weighs 153 pounds - the average U.S. adult female, ten pounds more.

For some time, I have believed that the ideal weight for a woman should be 2/3 to 3/4 of her man's weight. So, that puts the ideal mate for me within a window of 99 to 110 pounds. If I'm very generous, I can widen that from 95 to 115 pounds.
This means that the average woman in this country would need to lose something in the neighbourhood of 25% of her weight in order to fit into that window.

**Keep in mind: this thread is not about obesity** - height is also a factor here. And yes, I do think there are many beautiful women out there who are heavier than I am. But many of them are not attracted to me, because there are plenty of bigger men well over the 200-pound marker. Smaller girls seem to be attracted to me more.
I wanted to consult with the women on the forum about this. Would you agree or disagree that your ideal man should be 1/4 to 1/3 heavier than yourself?
Old 20th January 2017, 8:05 PM   #7
Established Member

I like a man to be bigger than me. I joke if a man is smaller than me, I end up feeling like Xena the warrior princess.

I am a solid 5'6", muscular, a bit "thick" (us size 8-10).

A guy could be near my height, but built, and I could be attracted to him. Or more slim / slight than me, yet taller, then still often find attraction.

If feel like I could beat you in a wrestling match (don't forget I am country strong ) than its a no go.

I had a smaller guy practically plead me to over look his size - but I just can't. As the female, I don't want to be the bigger or stronger one.

As for percentages over... I don't know about that, but I do want him to have some more size, and especially more strength than I do. (Gees, it doesn't help that one time I made out with a "smaller" guy and he felt up my fairly muscular legs and said that they were incredible - nice compliment, but despite the fact he was an excellent kisser, the fact that I felt I could easily pin him down with said legs was deal killer).

Edited to add - just did the math, and my husband is exactly 25% heavier than I am. He is 5 icnhes taller, and muscular.
jay1983 likes this.

Last edited by RecentChange; 20th January 2017 at 8:09 PM..
Old 21st January 2017, 2:00 AM   #8

Imported, your comment is completely irrelevant.[] Also, to suggest that my post is somehow a result of what prime minister I have betrays [you]. I didn't vote for the Liberals either.

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 22nd January 2017 at 5:48 PM.. Reason: Response to edited post redacted
Old 21st January 2017, 2:50 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP-173 View Post

If you strongly believe this theory, why are you suggesting that the girls lose weight? Shouldn't you be gaining weight?
Old 22nd January 2017, 9:04 AM   #10
Established Member

Well I suppose this is another measure of partner compatibility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDQUlshxO_8http://

[]

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 22nd January 2017 at 5:49 PM.. Reason: Irrelevant
Old 22nd January 2017, 4:51 PM   #11

I wish to be honest. Most women are going to weigh more than that. To be healthy at those low weights, a woman could not be very tall. In my opinion, weight should really not matter at all.
bebe23 likes this.
Old 22nd January 2017, 5:20 PM   #12

I am trying to gain weight. I'm just interested in the experiences of other women regarding their proportions compared to the men they're around.
Old 22nd January 2017, 6:09 PM   #13

Interesting. I am 5'10 and obese class 1 lol according to the charts.. Ive never been approached by men bigger than me. They are usually shorter and in shape which is odd, but it may be the location. I am in FL where most of the men like women with meat on them.
Old 24th January 2017, 10:31 AM   #14
Established Member

Location: With Professor Plum in the Library with the Candlestick
I generally like men who are bigger than me but the last few guys I dated were quite thin and found I was good with that too.
Old 24th January 2017, 10:52 AM   #15
Established Member

Considering I'm only 5'1" pretty much everyone is taller than me. I've recently lost a lot of weight, changed my lifestyle and such. But I prefer men with some meat on them.

My ex husband is super skinny and tall, maybe i have an aversion to super skinny men now because of him?