Need a method and a plan for losing weight

I literally know nothing about fitness and health.

HOWEVER I do know that a good percentage to weight loss and overall health is your food choices as well as a percent of fitness.

I am curvy and would like to keep it that way however want to lose some weight in my thighs and tone my bottom as well as lose weight in the stomach and arms.

What are your experiences and what has worked for you in terms of eating and exercise? And also what are possible methods to push the pace in losing weight?

I have a hard time trying to figure out a general model or outline of what to do and that is key for me in order to get started. please help :(

Look up mike mathews on line. He has an extensive website and many books to learn. You must be willing however to read, learn and do the work though. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Author
Look up mike mathews on line. He has an extensive website and many books to learn. You must be willing however to read, learn and do the work though. Good luck.

Thank you very much !

Hi there, well when I was losing weight I mostly ran outside. Went from 220ish to 195, and it sucked at first then your body adapts. I ate only clean food, chicken and fish, and a lot of spinich!! A big key is your willpower, having the mentality to keep eat right and exercising. With out that you will burn out quickly , plus when you eat healthy you have so much more energy.

Blackened Heart
I literally know nothing about fitness and health.

HOWEVER I do know that a good percentage to weight loss and overall health is your food choices as well as a percent of fitness.

I am curvy and would like to keep it that way however want to lose some weight in my thighs and tone my bottom as well as lose weight in the stomach and arms.

What are your experiences and what has worked for you in terms of eating and exercise? And also what are possible methods to push the pace in losing weight?

I have a hard time trying to figure out a general model or outline of what to do and that is key for me in order to get started. please help :(

First off congratulations in wanting to improve your, it is no easy task and I with the best of luck in it! Way, WAYYY back in the day, I use to be very heavy, like 350 pounds heavy (I didn't weigh myself back then for obvious reasons lol) but I have since lost most of that excessive fat and am in the best shape of my life.

With that aside, I wanted to address your wanting to stay curvy and reduce certain regions of your body. The best thing you can do for yourself right now is get rid of the notion and idea of spot reduction. It is impossible to lose fat or tone only certain regions, the body unfortunately does not work that way.

Think of your body in its entirety, where you will have some fat in almost all locations. The fat is used as insulation and has other uses. When you start to lose weight (which is achieve from having a caloric deficit) your body will burn up stored energy, i.e. your fat (and sometimes a bit of muscle but lets just assume fat for now). Your body isn't going to target say your arm or stomach to get this fat, it will just grab it from anywhere. Overall, it is more like a layer of fat from your entire body will be worked off.

As you start to lose weight, you will slim down in all regions. This happened to me in where my arms and legs were getting much more visible muscles, but I still had a gut for quite some time. Reason I point it out is that the idea of wanting a flat stomach or toned arms/butt can be discouraging when it doesn't happen when dieting and exercising. But the fact is it just isn't possible, so it's best to be informed with a realistic expectation rather than a false one that makes you quit and go back to bad habits.

There are a ton of resources around for losing weight, but the number one best tip anyone can give you, is to track everything you eat in a day. And I mean everything, any candy, gum, sugar, sodas, etc. And when possible, weigh it with a food scale. If you do it consistently, you'll realize how much you are really consuming and can adjust to keep a healthy eating habit while losing weight.

And remember, it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. You want to have a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix. Believe me, I know how hard that can be to accept, but it is so true :p

Go talk to your family Dr, set up a referral appt with a nutritionist who can get you on a food plan. Join a gym and talk to a trainer so they can guide you in the proper exercises best suited for you.

What works for one person may not work for another that's why it's important to talk to a professional.

Jump Through Loops

Losing the pounds have been quite easy for me (we're all different however). I eat as I normally do except I've ruled out sugar in my drinks, any additional salt, and the dreaded evening snacking. An hour after having my evening meal I just simply take a brisk 30min walk (weather dependent) and don't eat anything else until the following morning (breakfast). Been doing this for the last 12 weeks and have lost 21lbs.

The downside is that my wallet has also lost a few pounds since starting. New wardrobe required...

Good luck.

• Like 1

See, I think you're in trouble already... and that the real question is whether or not you are 100 per cent ready to commit to the time and energy it's going to take... People who are determined to lose weight just get off the couch and start moving without spending time trying to come up with meal plans and strategies... to me, that says you're not very motivated and are hoping you can do it with minimal effort...

Well, there is no easy way, but neither is it complicated. When I lost 40 lbs I just threw away the doritos, got off the couch and started exercising until I was fit.... I wasn't wasting time asking people how to do it.

This reminds me of the interview I saw with the famous writer Richard Matheson who said that every time someone used to ask him how to begin writing he would think to himself, "you're never going to be a writer". Because when he started writing he wasn't asking people how to do it, he was up in his bedroom writing...

Edited by Fair
  • 1 month later...

Join the weight watchers, they're diet is balanced and effective. You can join online as well. I did in the past and lost 12-lbs on my first month.

I do well also on myfitnesspal. It works similar as weight watchers online but it's free. Love it.

Center your diet around fruits and vegetables, and make everything else fit in to that. Give up refined sugar. Give up gluten, not because you need to, but because this will help get you there. Lift weights and take on a frequent and regular exercise schedule.

It's pretty easy, really. Then all you have to do is to do it.

I dont eat very much, thats how I stay slim. All my friends who are slim also not eat that much. Two meals a day, clean food not processed. Snack on fruit, nuts (about 4 or 5 max), veg. Keep sugar as minimal as possible. Alcohol does not help, spirits with low cal mixers are best. When I exercise I look better, firmer, harder etc, but it doesnt really help me loose weight. In fact if Im working out a lot sometimes I gain weight!

Wookin Pa Nub

I lost 65 lbs a couple years ago. Slowly gained about 20 back but still look and feel 1,000X better.

FIRST you need a switch to go on that you are mentally committed to changing your LIFESTYLE in the areas of food, exercise and discipline.

SECOND I would go on line and read success stories of people like you that have been successful. Do this daily for the first month or two. Realize it is possible to lose significant weight.

THIRD Eat better and eat MUCH less. This was my biggest challenge since I don't like veggies that much. I found foods that were much better than what I was stuffing in my mouth before. I also ate much much less certain days of the week. I was pretty much fasting for the day. You get hungry but when you make it thru the night you feel like a million dollars and that first meal tastes incredible.

FINALLY exercise, find something you enjoy, try different things. Burn calories. Weight loss is a matter of burning X,XXX more calories per day than you are consuming. It really is that simple. Also you cannot spot reduce fat off your body - ie doing 1,000 sit ups a day won't get rid of a beer belly.

• Like 1