*Crohns/IBD Anyone here have it or Know someone?

Just a wondering, since i just got out of the hospital a couple weeks ago and would like to hear bout some others... Yeah it sux, but eh, its all bout the mide set and poss. outlook.... But such a loooooong road ahead to gain back the muscle and wight... Sigh owell, (will smith song - here we go again comes to mide haha)

Also if ANYONE has info on building my body back up (i lost 30pds) i would greatly appreciate it! Wether its Suplements, working out, to eating what..... MAybe i should start another thread for this one? No?

Post up if so.....

THX :)

You should consult a dietitian on the matter. Crohn's disease will prevent you from eating normally, so it's going to be tough. However, a good dietitian can help you since they're trained to handle these types of situations.

I had IBS when I worked for my previous emplyer YEARS ago. I was told I'd be on meds forever. I literally cured myself of it. I refused to live like that for the rest of my life. Solution: I changed jobs. I've been here for over 6 years now, and I'm happy as a clam and IBS free.

Chron's is (obviously) going to be the bogger problem of the two.

NutellaGirl

Yeah there is a huge difference between IBD (Crohn's/Collitis) and IBS. Tho, the symptoms are the same IBS doesn't cause permanent damage.

I have Crohn's and as a result dealing with a few other things. It's a big pain.

Hopefully your surgery will put you into remission.........but unlike IBS, there is no cure for Crohn's.

You can hope for a long remission and controllable symptoms. With meds, diet, etc.

blind_otter

I'll have to second tiki's solution.

I had a mysterious digestive disease called Idiopathic Gastropareisis for about 3 years. I was on liquid nutrition and couldn't digest solid food from about age 20 to age 23. No one could figure it out and that was really when I started to smoke pot every day to help with nausea and to be able to eat. I lost so much weight that I almost had to get a j-tube surgically inserted into my intestines to bypass my stomach, but smoking pot helped me with my appetite and stuff.

Anyways, I think it is interesting to note that I had my stomach problems when I had a bad lifestyle and I was around bad people. I eat normally now. Well, semi-normally.

Yeah there is a huge difference between IBD (Crohn's/Collitis) and IBS. Tho, the symptoms are the same IBS doesn't cause permanent damage.

Exactly... Crohn's isn't a result of stress or an abnormal lifestyle. As with colitis, it's an auto-immune disorder that attacks the large intestine. It can also be hereditary. Regardless, doctors are still clueless as to what causes it. I attended a gastroenterology lecture once and the experts believe it's due to an excess of serotonin in the large intestine, but they still lack conclusive evidence to back this up.

Please see a dietitian if you're concerned about weight gain. It's not something to take lightly. Excuse the pun.

You may also want to consult a few books. The only one that comes to mind is "Listen to Your Gut," but there are others as well. Just google it if you're not sure.

Read The Maker's Diet. I've read through a lot of it. The author had Chron's and I believe cured himself of his horrific symptoms. It's a lifestyle change though. And if you're religious, it may be the book for you!!!

I apologize with the cofusion of IBS vs IBD...I had no idea they were different. :) Nonetheless, I hope it all works out for you!

• Author

Yeah eatting right is a must.... I have had since i was born but never really had prob. till i was 10, and since then its but up and down up and down..... Its a loooong story but i know my body pretty well but when you have a torn back muscle, cracked rib, then get pnumonia, it tore my body down and crohns kicked my butt...

All the books mentioned (tiki i just read that one and another one he wrote good books)(i just cant affor his stuff :( ive read and MORE hahaha ive done just bout every damn drug out there and now i just started Medical Weed... (not legal here but have a friend that gets it for MS) and anyways its worked the best overall for me I deff rec. it for ANYONE that has crohns! PERIOD! it works and i have been doing my research on it for a loooong time now and decied to finally do one nite when i was baaad... Also on remicaide treatment to...

Thx for all the replys, good to hear ppl are doin well for the most part it sounds like...

If anyone has ?s bout it, im pretty close to a book, feel free to PM me...

Have you tried getting some more info from the library? You can check out books from there, even if they aren't his books.

• Author

Tiki yeah i have, just bout every book there and the surounding liberys, thx in part to my mom... Ive read lots of books, but none really cought my attn like Heal thy self and makers diet... That guy is one smart cookie, and tough. His story is very scarry simalar to mine... Just wish i could afford his products :( i wanna try them and his way "diet".....

BTW: WOMEN does having a "diease/condtion" turn you off to guys or keep you away as far as a Relationship is concernd? Just a wondering, maybe i should make another thread bout it? No?

Originally posted by tegteg

BTW: WOMEN does having a "diease/condtion" turn you off to guys or keep you away as far as a Relationship is concernd? Just a wondering, maybe i should make another thread bout it? No?

No way!!!!! This wouldn't run me off...

blind_otter
Originally posted by tegteg

Tiki yeah i have, just bout every book there and the surounding liberys, thx in part to my mom... Ive read lots of books, but none really cought my attn like Heal thy self and makers diet... That guy is one smart cookie, and tough. His story is very scarry simalar to mine... Just wish i could afford his products :( i wanna try them and his way "diet".....

When I was actively ill and getting upper GI endoscopies and colonoscopies and upper GI series, and doing all the preps -- it was pretty gross. I was grossed out by my own grossness. Yet, I had no problems getting with guys. I think that has to do with my flirtatious nature.

• Author

i was just wondering bout that and got to thinkin (i know that gets ya into trouble haha) and fig i would ask...

I mean, no one i just meet or even are friends with knows, usally unless i tell them. I really dont like ppl knowing much of my buss. so i avoid it most the time. But sometimes i fig. it could be a turn off. I guess if it is then it is and nothin to do bout it, and shoulnd be with that person anyways...

My ex that i was seein again there for awhile started to ask more and mroe ?s bout it which i thought was wierd (for her) but then again im not her and female haha...

Glad to hear some good responces

TY TIKI and Blind_otter..... Kinda havin a down day... sigh.... :)