No exercise for 4 WEEKS?!!

I'm having an operation on Friday which means I won't be able to exercise for 4 weeks! I live for my sprinting and work really hard on my abs to give me good form when I'm running.

Although emotionally I'm all over the place at the moment, I've never been in such good physical shape so don't want to jeopardise it.

Has anyone had a similar situation where they've been able to maintain some form of mild exercise without working up a sweat?

Thanks!

Eat really good and work on mediating and your mind. I have been in this position before and I started to get depressed because I couldn't work out....so I started reading more. Praying more and spending time relaxing in God's Presence. It actually turned out to be a beautiful thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Its part of life. You know how many of my pro body building friends tear a labrum or muscle and cant lift for months? These are pros lol. once you heal start going back and muscle memory will kick in. You will be right back to normal.

My buddy used to walk around 255lbs of muscle. 5'10. Guy was huge. Fell off a bike, almost lost his leg, and went down to 180lbs. He is back to his regular self and looks better. **** happens. muscle memory is your friend

truthtripper

I haven't been able to even walk for 6 months due to illness. I think it's important to maintain core strength any way you can. Depending on what body part your operation is on, clenching and releasing your pelvic floor muscles requires little movement and also engages your abdominals.

Like others have said, concentrate on targeted exercises of your core. Don't take chances. You can make up a four-week hiatus a lot more easily than ongoing health complications.