I am embarrassed

lisaloveshearts

Greetings,

I'm new to the board and wanted to say hi. This is so the forum for me. My weight is out of control and I am embarrassed to see anyone from my past. When I was young, I was skinny. I never go to my class reunion. If I see anyone that I know from years past, I hurry up and leave so they don't see me.

I really have to do something. I haven't been happy for years and fed my face. I still struggle but have recently come to the conclusion I have to this for myself.

I am going to be moving, at some point, in the near future so I will get some activity getting the house ready. I know it will be a job in doing so but right now, I've got to get busy. i hate walking, bleh. I have a beginners aerobic DVD just waiting for me to pop it in.

I could post more but I don't want to bombard you.

normal person
I have a beginners aerobic DVD just waiting for me to pop it in.

What are you waiting for, exactly?

Hi Lisa :)

Congrats on taking the first step !

No reason to put off tho what you can get started now :) walking is a great way tho to start on your journey, if it bores you try and mix it up ? load up your favorite music and make it fun ! maybe see if you have a gym nearby and inquire about group classes it can be abit scary at first but find a good beginners class, DVDs at home are great and all but if your like me i really lacked motivation it can get all too easy to skip it and not push yourself :)

Healthy eating is critical, try lowering your portions and adding extra veggies to your diet :) it's not for everyone but i started my journey with Jenny Craig it can be expensive but really helped me stay accountable for what went into mouth and after the first month i no longer craved the bad foods ! such i still enjoy them at times it's all a balance !

Best of luck

Girly

Hi i've struggled with my wight my entire life. I've gone from being super fit and muscular to being overweight. I can identify with how you're feeling as lately i've been indulging a bit too much due to an ankle injury that has me home bound.

Learn to be gentle and know that this isn't who you want to be. Picture the ideal you and trust me the answers will come to your, you'll start to innately formulate what it is that you need to do to accomplish all your goals.

Take baby steps, I like going on bodybuilding.com

If you have a smartphone download the bodyspace app trust me that'll get you so motivated.

Good luck to you you got this!