Acupuncture success stories!

JanenotPlain

I'm going through a heap of personal drama with my family (read my other thread if you're interested). I've gained 30 lbs in the past 4 years but 15 of that has been this past year alone. It's been really discouraging because I exercise and eat pretty healthy, and have been convinced that I have a thyroid issue or hormonal problem due to stress, going off birth control, or something else altogether. I've seen loads of doctors about this issue. I also have had extreme fatigue on a daily basis which only gets worse after I exercise. I'm in my early 30s and feel too young to have these problems. Doctors want me to take antidepressants, but I took one a few years ago and it caused me to gain 10 lbs.

On Monday I saw an acupuncturist and just after ONE treatment, I feel 100000X better. He told me to take 5HTP, which I guess increases serotonin production, and just the past few days of taking it I have so much more energy and clarity, I feel more positive. I feel amazing. In spite of my family issues taking a pretty severe negative dive this week, I'm coping really well. He thinks that the stress I'm dealing with has completely stunted any potential for weight loss and is going to recommend more herbs and vitamins to take. A thyroid supplement from a health food store is one. Anyway I'm really happy to finally find answers. I love love love acupuncture. Anyone else have success stories?

Yes! Serious success! First experience was in rehab...

Even my adult kids have had massive success with it after failed attempts from doctors and physical therapy... They had back issues and knee problems.

Since I don't do any kind of medicine it's my go to for any issue - unless it's an infection (I do take antibiotics only) but other than that no medicine that alters my mind in any way.

In rehab - my first treatment was inside the war for detox - and along my left arm and hand for stroke issues. Regained full use of my left side after 5 weeks. Pilates also helped with muscle strength - yoga helped to calm the mind.

I love acupuncture too! If I could have it my way I'd never see a doctor again. I just saw my acupuncturist this morning and still feel amazing. It's really important to find one that is well trained and knows what they are doing. I've been to about 4 acupuncturists and only had one bad experience. It's helped me so much with a back injury I had.

But my guy now is great. It's so crazy how they can just look at your body and know things that are going on under the surface. Today he wanted to look at my tongue and said I've been thinking too much. And he also somehow knew I was having digestive issues, placed a pin in my leg somewhere and then my stomach nearly instantly starts churning away... Today he didn't even ask but started cupping me (like all the olympic swimmers) that was my first time with cupping and I definitely concur that feels incredible as well- even hours later.

Oh and I've always wondered if anyone had a bad experience with HTP. I've taken it and antidepressants and for me, the benefits of HTP are the same minus any weird side effects.

• 1 month later...