Thoughts on macronutrient ratios?

blackcat777

I'm trying to figure out where a mysterious 4-7 pounds came from and why it isn't going anywhere :mad: The button on my old jean shorts is about to blow so my time to solve this problem is running out :lmao:

I've been nerding out on one of my favorite sites with nutrition & fitness calculators... and while I eat very clean... I think my macronutrient ratios are off.

Today, I ate 29% carbs / 47% fat / 24% protein.

For weight loss with my body type (ectomorph) I'm seeing numbers like 55% carbs / 20% fat / 25% protein.

According to fitness calculators, I'm burning at equal or higher amounts of calories than I need for the day (walking, stretching, & body weight exercise). I'm only eating about 2100 calories/day.

All of this made me consider than my problem may be... protein snacks that are also high fat. Especially dairy and peanut butter.

I'm thinking I should substitute lower-fat protein snack alternatives... like tuna and beans... and maybe cook more dinners like macro-dietish veggie & quinoa bowls?

Has anyone played with macronutrient ratios with any success?

Does anyone have any COOL recipe websites they might recommend?!

I never used to watch my macros, only that my food was clean (organic whenever possible, no preservatives). I think my calories slowly shifted toward a higher fat percentage after discovering a specialty store with all kinds of really amazing grassfed dairy... darn it. I think back to what I was eating three years ago (living on the coast) and it was more fish/beans/rice/veggies every night.

But there's less fish and more cow in landlocked farm country... *sigh*

Edited by blackcat777

I do still think the answer lies in changing your body composition. This is because we are not talking weight loss but fat loss, not the same thing. You can lose weight and still have a relatively high body fat % composition. I honestly don't think high body fat % can be addressed without burning that fat and you basically need to weight train for that.