GirlyGirly

Hey Guys :)

The past 8 months i've made a huge effort to get healthy i was 135 kilos (300 pounds) after adopted healthy eating and an exercise routine i've manged to get down to 97 Kilos (210 pounds), i've very happy with my results and feel great and always getting compliments from people i haven't seen saying how great i'm looking.

It's all very encouraging but the past 6 or 7 weeks or so my weight has stayed the same at 97, while many say it's great i'm maintaining my weight i would really like to get to about 90, my "healthy weight" according to my height is 85 to 90.

I've tried changing up my exercise, and smaller portions and filling up more on veggies etc which is how i got my results at the start but no luck as yet ! it can be abit disheartening when you work so hard and get no results, but i'm yet to give up !

any tips ?

Girly <3

Confused9999

Congrats that is an awesome accomplishment!!

There are a lot of studies in weight loss plateau.

Weight loss is not linear!

Could be several things. You lost to fast and your body is adjusting. You might be still losing fat but not weight. Maybe retaining more water.

Or it could be more that you are 100 lbs smaller you need to readjust your calorie intake.

Edited by Confused9999
  • Like 1

Could be several things. You lost to fast and your body is adjusting. You might be still losing fat but not weight. Maybe retaining more water.

Or it could be more that you are 100 lbs smaller you need to readjust your calorie intake.

I call it the "whoosh" effect. Weight loss is not linear, just like Confused said. What I've noticed with a lot of women like myself is that when you have a period of rapid weigh loss your body needs to adjust. It holds on to fat for a bit to make sure you aren't starving, then eventually you will have another loss, but maybe much smaller in pounds. I notice also that just before I'm ready for another "whoosh" I get really hungry, lol, like my body trying to sabotage the loss.

You are doing awesome though!!! You should be so proud of what you have done so far :) fantastic job

blackcat777

My dad has been doing insane cardio every day with his Apple watch and apparently graphing his results in detail over time. Yesterday he went on a rant about how he thought he hit a few plateaus over the past six months, but after actually analyzing his data, he still lost a few pounds in a month by sticking to his regiment when he "thought" he had plateaued.

Weight loss does happen in weird jumps and stops.

The most important thing is that you keep moving! If you do nothing but healthy things for yourself, while it may take time, health will follow.

Cheers to the incredible efforts, by the way! Don't be discouraged :)

The bolded statement ... I think you can google a calorie intake formula that accounts for your body mass (I believe I've seen it in FitnessFan post in this forum quite recently).

But in any case - GREAT achievement!

May I ask how tall are you? If 90 kg is your healthy weigh, you're not far from getting there (I assume it is BMI-based calculation? If you have a lot of muscle mass, maybe you're already at healthy weight).

I'm ready for another "whoosh" I get really hungry, lol, like my body trying to sabotage the loss.

I think you have your chicken and egg backwards. In my experience, you are getting hungry because you're in a calorie deficit and burning fat. That intense hunger is how I know I'm in weight loss mode.

• Author

thanks for the replies guys ! funny enough this week i lost 0.7 (2.2 pounds) haha it was nice to see and it's really helped with my motivation this week !

Try intermittent fasting..

also you don't go into details about your exercise routine but resistance training is very important. I would cut down on the cardio and lift some weights (if you're not doing that already)

• Author

i do a mix of Les Mills classes as my primary exercise, BodyAttack, Step, Body Balance and the odd Zumba class ! i think your right about weights i've yet to try the weights class as it looks intimidating for beginners haha i will try it tho !