The Wim Hof Method -Anyone Tried it?

For those who don't know Wim Hof, he's a Dutch guy who has developed a breathing techinique that floods the body with oxygen and allows you to push yourself further than you thought you could. He's climbed mountains in just a pair of shorts, spent 2 hours in an ice bath without his core temperature dropping, and run a marathon in the desert without any water.

I've seen a few documentaries about him on YouTube and science has now recognised that it is a genuine technique, although they're not 100% on how it works at this point. I'm guessing it's something to do with a temporary increase in metabolism.

I've also read that it can boost the immune system and I'm planning to give it a go to see if it helps with reflux.

Has anyone else tried his techniques? How did it feel? Any tips?

Edited by TheArtist
  • 1 month later...
optomistic_nonsense

I've never heard of that man, nor his technique but it does seem very interesting. I'm wondering if it's maybe a form of meditation? I've read many articles on meditating in order to "open your third eye", I believe this may even be a belief in in some religions....? But anyway, I've read articles on how this technique can open you up more spiritually and allows you to take in things differently (ie: using the light to heal yourself, etc). I know it sounds a bit space-like (which is a whole other topic!) but if you YouTube this stuff, you'll be hooked!

They do say that meditating is very life-changing and helps you tap into parts of your brain that has been sleeping forever.

Have you attempted this since your post?