A couple days ago (Saturday or Sunday) I noticed that I have a scab on my nipple. It doesn't cover the whole thing, it's like off to the side. I don't remember ever hurting it in a way to cause it to scab over or anything and I have no piercings that would cause it to do that either.

Since then, it's scabbed over even more and it's very tender. This morning, the scab got ripped off when I took the bandaid off it :p It didn't bleed or anything, so I put some neosporin on it and covered it again.

I guess what I'm asking is has anyone else had scabs on their nipple? What does that mean, how did you help it heal? Does it take long to heal? Should I see a doctor? Any advice would be great!

i get them sometimes, usually if i get a little pimple. just do not pick at it. i will take like a week or two to get gone.

I know of a marathon runner that gets them. His bleed too. It's where his clothes rub up against it. If there's no discharge, I wouldn't worry. You probably just runned it up against something...lol...that sounds funny.

i remember a number of yrs ago i was squeezing my ex-wife's nipples and some white fluid came out of them, just a little like a drop or two. she wasn't pregnant or anything. what wuz this?

can you not be pregnant and still lactate?

savethedrama4allama

Has anybody been sucking on 'em?

Also, nipples can get burned if you tan without clothes and no spf on those bad boys.

Other than that, I dunno. I'd give it another week before I got too worried about it. Probably just a little good ol' chafing.

• Author

Well, me and my boyfriend have been messing around like everyday but is it possible that he could cause a scab from sucking? Never happened before....

savethedrama4allama
Originally posted by alphamale

i remember a number of yrs ago i was squeezing my ex-wife's nipples and some white fluid came out of them, just a little like a drop or two. she wasn't pregnant or anything. what wuz this?

Yeah I think so, if she had presence of a large amount of the hormones that cause lactation- estrogen and progesterone or oxytocin or prolactin, or something.

savethedrama4allama
Originally posted by Jilly10340

Well, me and my boyfriend have been messing around like everyday but is it possible that he could cause a scab from sucking? Never happened before....

Yeah, I think you have your culprit. A lotta saliva, a little biting...scab city.

yes alpha, it can happen! sometimes it can be a sympyom of a cyst, but usually it is just fluid, which is always there, sometimes moreso than other times, like when you are excited...i.e, alpha squeezing your titty!

Originally posted by tattoomytoe

yes alpha, it can happen! sometimes it can be a sympyom of a cyst, but usually it is just fluid, which is always there, sometimes moreso than other times, like when you are excited...i.e, alpha squeezing your titty!

yeah wow, thanks TMT, llama, TIKI...i always wondered about that. so it is possible then.

so now my next questions is can woman choose if she wants to lactate in whole, 2% or skim?? :laugh:

yeah wow, thanks TMT, llama, TIKI...i always wondered about that. so it is possible then.

so now my next questions is can woman choose if she wants to lactate in whole, 2% or skim?? :laugh:

depends on the fat percentage of the female, obviously!

It could be neurodermitis. I think tissue that is a bit more delicate like eyelids, nipples, lips, etc. are bit more prone than the rest of your body. Ask a doctor.

I guess what I'm asking is has anyone else had scabs on their nipple?

Only when I fail to stop letting 'em drag on the sidewalk. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Didn't you know? The size of an average 40 year old's bra is a 38 long. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Originally posted by Lil Honey

Only when I fail to stop letting 'em drag on the sidewalk. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Didn't you know? The size of an average 40 year old's bra is a 38 long. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes LILHONEY, STS (Saggy Tit Syndrome) is a terrible malady affecting millions of women. Up here in Detroit they are planning some type of STS walk or run to raise money for research and cures.

It is sad that peoples lives have to affected by such terrible things. :laugh::p

Yes LILHONEY, STS (Saggy Tit Syndrome) is a terrible malady affecting millions of women. Up here in Detroit they are planning some type of STS walk or run to raise money for research and cures.

It is sad that peoples lives have to affected by such terrible things. :laugh::p

alpha~ the STS runs and walks are probably one of the leading causes for this horrible genetic defect! :bunny::bunny:

I guess what I'm asking is has anyone else had scabs on their nipple?

I've had scabs on my nipples that were caused by my t-shirt rubbing up and down when I was training for marathons. Putting bandaids on before training solved that problem.

Jilly it sounds like your boyfriend is the likely cause of your scabbed nipples. I think you'll find your solution of a bandaid and neosporin will solve the problem.

Keep an eye on the whole bosom. As with any sore, if it doesn't clear up in a reasonable time, go see about it. Sores which don't heal can mean cancer.

I wouldnt worry too much, but if its something that bothers you, there are all sorts of local to your area nurses info lines (by phone, just ask any docs office for a nurse advice hotline).

I breastfed all three kids (and hubby still goes gaga over the nipples!), but sometimes, I would get little scabs on the nipple itself, but not on the aereola(the circle around the nipple), from so much succking and moisture and clothes rubbing from bras . I used this stuff called Lansinoh--its a sterilized or non-allergenic lanolin ointment to help with dry, cracked scabby nipples. you can go into baby section of any store and find a good nipple creme or ointment.

Sorry if I'm repeating anyone...lots and lots of replies here!

I just wanted to let you know that if the problem persists you should see a Dr. It could be nothing, but there is a rare type of breast cancer that has similar topical symptoms.

Give it a few days if you haven't already and then have i t checked.

• Author

Yeah, i read about that cancer. It's been 6 days now since it appeared. Once the scab came off a few days ago it hasn't scabbed over. It doesn't bleed, there's no funky discharge of any kind. It doesn't hurt unless I start picking at it. How long should I wait before having it checked?

I guess without seeing it, you'll have to make the decision.

If it looks as if it isn't healing, you should make an appointment. Are you due for your yearly pap? You can just incorporate this question into that appointment if you need to go anyway...may save you some money.

I would do something soon, and if it heals before the appointment comes up...just call and cancel. No harm done!

Good luck sister