Cold sore/ Fever blisters!! I wouldn't even wish them on my worst enemy!!!

ihatecoldsores

I have been getting codsore/fever blisters since I was about 7. But before i would only get them once a year. Lately I don't know why I have been getting them like once a month.

Its bad and I have been getting like two on my lip at the same time.

I can't talk to people, I feel they think I have cooties, I want to just stay home and hide.

I have used everything possible and nothing works. Nothing takes away the pain or itching or burning associated with it.

Is there anyone here that gets them too? If so what have you used to help the pain and discomfort? How do you deal with them?

My best friend used to get them. I think it's related to stress. And chill on the citric acid intake.

They make Abreva....have your doctor give you a script or some samples, that may help ya.

Go to your doctor. I get them when I am under stress. I have to take herpe medicine for them. uck! But it works fast. Try Zovirax from your doctor.

Let me tell you Abreva doesn't work! It may work on minor cold sores, but it never worked on mine. I was so mad that I spent so much money on carp!

I found something that works great but I cannot remember the name right now. If I find it I will let you know or Go to the doctor they will give you something better.

Originally posted by tigerskye

Let me tell you Abreva doesn't work! It may work on minor cold sores, but it never worked on mine. I was so mad that I spent so much money on carp!

I found something that works great but I cannot remember the name right now. If I find it I will let you know or Go to the doctor they will give you something better.

Acyclovir?

SO if people get these cold sores does it always mean they have genital herpes also??

Originally posted by alphamale

Acyclovir?

SO if people get these cold sores does it always mean they have genital herpes also??

No, they do not necessarily have both. However, someone can give someone genital herpes if they have a cold sore and perform oral sex.

As a daily measure to combat cold sores, have you tried taking an oral form of Lysine? It will help decrease the occurrence of cold sores and can easily be obtained over the counter. I'd check with your doctor or pharmacist if you're taking any other medications to ensure they won't interfere with each other.

Also, there is a newer drug called Valtrex.

Originally posted by tiki

Nooooooooo.

TIKI, both my dad and bro are physicians and they both say that HSV-1 or HSV-2 cause both cold sores and genital herpes so the likeliehood of someone having cold sores and genital herpes are quite high.

But i've also heard that people who get cold sores may not have genital herpes. Either way, if a dude who had cold sores performed oral sex on a woman he could transmit the HSV-1 and give her genital herpes.

??? I'm still confused on t his issue.

TIKI, both my dad and bro are physicians and they both say that HSV-1 or HSV-2 cause both cold sores and genital herpes so the likeliehood of someone having cold sores and genital herpes are quite high.

But i've also heard that people who get cold sores may not have genital herpes. Either way, if a dude who had cold sores performed oral sex on a woman he could transmit the HSV-1 and give her genital herpes.

but isn't that what chicken pox comes from? isn't it a form of the herpes virus?

Originally posted by tattoomytoe

but isn't that what chicken pox comes from? isn't it a form of the herpes virus?

Chickenpox is a common disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV), which is part of the herpesvirus family. Although many people associate the word herpes with genital herpes, the herpesvirus family is made up of nearly 100 kinds of viruses, eight of which cause disease in humans. Examples of different herpesviruses are herpes simplex virus (which causes cold sores and genital herpes infections), Epstein-Barr virus (which causes infectious mononucleosis), and varicella-zoster virus (which causes chickenpox and shingles). Varicella-zoster virus spreads in the air through coughs or sneezes or through contact with fluid from inside the chickenpox blisters.

no....it was a related comment. and i bet ihatecoldsores had no idea! that is prob. how most kids start to get cold sores in the first place.

But what about the kids that have it. Of course they don't have herpes too!

They're all linked....

Herpes on your cooch, cold sores, chicken pox (varicella), shingles.

Herpes Simplex (aka cold sores below the top lip)

Herpes Zoster (aka shingles) Varicella is chicken pox, etc etc

There are 6 herpes classifications in the Infectious Disease world. Any of the variations are miserable as most can attest to on here.

It is not herpes if it is on the top lip or face it is shingles and it is not as simple as HSV 1 02 2 that is the genital herpes.

Genial Herpes has classifications as well.

I do agree that having either makes you stay clear of the genitalia. It is not proven which Herpes Virus is the direct cause to the genital herpes delima.

Chronic fatigue comes from Zoster version but the variations are immense.

I tell people to just steer clear if a sore is on the face or genitalia!

Hope this helps? :D

:o okay, it sounds like you have a hormonal thing going on,so I will assume you are a female,since it is happening so often. New BC pills? Stress?Those can trigger them, and acid-y stuff like tomatoes some candies, diet..etc. Get a prescription for Acyclovir-it works.For a natural remedy,take ESSENTIAL OILS of lavender, geranium, and tea tree and mix an equal ammount of all three. Use as needed with a q-tip, even inside the nose if you get them there.just not IN the mouth.But it works awesome. I make natural-based balms as my business and I do a balm based with them.I guess in a pinch you could melt a chapstick or vaseline and add it in there, but dont add the oils when the vaseline is too hot or they will evaporate out.Good luck.
that is prob. how most kids start to get cold sores in the first place.

Nope. Different viruses.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this stuff called Zilactin. Zilactin-B for canker and internal mouth sores and Zilactin-L for fever blisters or cold sores. The both work great and you will have no pain if you use them correctly. The thing is for about 5 seconds the pain will be really bad and then it numbs the thing. That is mainly with the Zilactin-B interal canker sores hurts the most. But the stuff is awesome and I can eat and drink anything I want and not feel a thing. Before I found this stuff every couple months I would have a few days that just were terrible because of canker or cold sores. The Zilactin-L if you use itr correctly, that is as it says to by administering it as soon as you feel that tingle of a new fever blister or cold sore coming in, the fever blisster cold sore won'ty even come up it will go away. If you have had them enough you will know the tingle of which I speak I am sure. It always told me I had one coming most likely the next morning. That was before Zilactin. Anyway I don't have stock their company at all just thought I would help some fellow sufferers.

Cold sores are an indication that the immune system needs help. Acidophilus is needed as well as vitamins C,A,E and B complex. It has been recognized that taking thousands of mgs of vitamin c is needed by the body when in stress and taking up to 80,000 iu vitamin a for a few weeks is not enough to cause any harmful effects and is needed to discard dead tissue so it can be renewed.

The internet has heaps of information on this if one would only dig a little rather than just going straight to the doctors and taking the first bottle of drugs he hands out.

healthyalt.

I know how you feel. After good ol valentines day and the makeout session, I got two cold sores on my bottom lip, one in corner and one in middle. Last year i use to get them right before my period like a week before, especially during the snowy cold months and if i ate salty stuff or lots of oranges/juice. Its embarassing i know how u feel i always use a ton of lipstick to cover them up or i suck on my lip with my top one to cover them. It seems people dont notice, but i feel like its the first thing they look at when they see me lol... they are totally annoying and no its not like we have diseases or something, I think it just happens just like having an acne outbreak or an itchy dry rash. Happens always before that time of the month. I feel for ya... go away darn bumps! :eek:

:D:D:D:D:love::love::love::love: I LOVE HEALTHYALT!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Thank you for another person on here who believes and trusts in the natural healing methods!!! We would be so much better off by getting back to more natural methods.......No mineral oils, no steroids....

Try an equal mix of lavender, geranium, and tea tree ESSENTIAL OILS....in a one ounce jar, put in about 15--20 drops of the mixture,and fill with Jojoba oil(really a wax) or Olive oil in a pinch if ya need to....apply as needed.......with Q-Tip.

Can be used in nasal cavity and on lip area to relieve and actually heal an ourbreak.....Good luck!!!