How long do you work out?

How long do you guys work out everyday? And at which time in the day?

Im frustrated with my belly. Im slim in general but my belly is just big for the rest of my body. I work out like 1 hour a day or every other day

Generally an hour, 4 times a week, at 8pm. Not too sure what the time it takes you to work out has to do with your belly though?

I'm frustrated with my belly too. It's not actually fat, but a bloating problem, it's so distended, I look 6 months pregnant no joke! I think I have some food intolerances. So, all the exercise in the world won't help me.

Im frustrated with my belly. Im slim in general but my belly is just big for the rest of my body. I work out like 1 hour a day or every other day

WHat kind of work out do you do?

I work out for 25 min. I do T25 videos (25 min long, NOT easy).

I also walk my dog about 30 min every day, 2 miles.

You can't spot reduce if your body wants to put fat in your midsection, but building muscle will help you to burn fat all over, including your belly.

• Like 2

I do something physical every day. Usually one or two hikes with a Meet Up group...One dance lesson a week...again with Meet Up. One night out dancing...full out for a couple one hour sessions.

The days I don't do any the above, I run for about 25 minutes. I also take at least a 15 minute walk just about every day.

Perhaps 10 minutes a day moderate strength exercise.

All of this is 365 days/year. No excuses for weather, travelling, etc. 'Just do it!' I feel way better working out...love it.

I'm 5'3". Ranged for the last decade between 109 to 112 lbs. Vegetarian.

• Like 1

I exercise when not training about 5 hours a week but when training at least 15 hours week this has been my life for the past 20 something years I am a runner since High school and state . It's my life basically could not imagine not going for a simple 30 minute jog or walk at least every second day .

As to your belly issue though I believe diet could be the issue there , diet is always the key but reality for some or most it's lifestyle choices they make;)

25 minutes every day intense exercise, supplemented throughout the day with 4 full miles walking (every single day)/stairs and etc. it used to be 45 min.-1 hour 4x a week, but decided i would rather do shorter bouts every day

I try my best to eat better, but I work out quite often. In fact, I am not even trying to gain a bodybuilder's physique. I would rather have the build of a power-lifter or be firmly built than someone who is chiseled.

Charlie Harper

If you want to get rid of your belly, go into a hard non carb diet (ketogenic diet) and Walk ONLY walk 3 miles every 48 hours. 2 months of that while taking tuna, and proteins such as chicken, etc, zero carbs, lots of veggies and a supplement with sodium, potassium, and vitamins for 2 months and you will be amazed.

• Like 1
DivorcedDad123

Try reducing your salt intake. None added to food and less processed foods. Salt will cause your body to store water and cause bloating. And drink water! You'll pass more salt through urine and sweat.

I workout 1:20-1:30 every day. Weights and cardio. Weekend in the morning and weekdays in the afternoon after work.

• Like 1

Good advice here. Belly fat is mostly about calories (particularly sugar) and sodium (bloat).

All the exercise in the world won't help if your diet is wrong.

Cut sodium and sugar. Try to lower other carbs as well. No garbage like those 1000 calorie Starbucks drinks or donuts or things like that. Read labels for sodium Canned soup and spaghetti sauce are some of the worst offenders, as is eating out.

Answering the question:

I work out for an hour every other day. It's all weights (a pair of 60lb dumbbells). Other than that, my life is generally physically active. I have muscles and no gut.

But... i don't eat much sodium, smaller amounts of sugar,whole grains, plenty of protein (to maintain my man body), vegetables.

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers

One of the first places I gain or lose fat is my belly. The only thing that has ever worked for me to maintain a flat belly and create a bit of ab muscle definition is to eat clean and keep my calories in check, eating mostly fruit, vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains, and keep up a good routine of cardio and core strength training - body weight and free weight exercises for abs, obliques, and back. The diet and cardio keeps it flat, and the targeted strength training creates definition.

• Like 1

If I'm doing HIIT then usually 20-30 mins.

Endurance training 30-45 mins.

Weights takes as long as it takes to get my reps/sets out. Usually around 40-45 mins.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

Here is the thing....

When I go to the gym, I notice most people really not putting in the type of effort needed to get real results...They may be there for an hour, but aren't doing what needs to be done in that time..

On the flip side....

I train with high intensity...My workouts last generally "up to" an hour...In that time, I have truly brought myself to exhaustion/muscle fatigue...There are times however, where I only have....maybe 15-20 minutes to train..I can get a successful workout in that time, I just dial up the intensity...Ive even done some workouts that were no more than 2 killer, "all out" sets...Ill feel the burn just as much or more as the guy loafing through an hour long session..

To equate this to running, One guy can jog 5 miles where the other can do 10 repetitive steep hill runs...The guy doing the hill runs can be done in a half hour max, while the 5 mile jog takes much longer...The guy doing the hills will get a greater benefit...if done right...

So, bottom line is don't be too concerned with duration and be more concerned with intensity...That yields the best results..

TFY

Depending on your fitness goals, your level of experience, whether it's solo or "trainer-led" and your age, etc., going an hour full-steam in the gym is a bit of a lie. A hardcore 30min lifting session will smoke you. Try shampooing your hair in the gym shower after a REAL arm workout. :)

I do full 30min workouts (not checking out people in the gym, hunker down, hit the music and work) followed by an hour in the sauna 5 days a week with 2 rest days. Rest days still require gym homage for cardio.

It helps to really get real about your goals. I found a physique I wanted and a level of performance and went for it.

fitnessfan365

All my workouts range from 30-60 minutes. I train w/very high intensity and do a lot of functional full body workouts. I take pride in training like a college athlete.

As it was previously stated above, most people don't really push themselves when exercising. They'll do a set occasionally while socializing, or really low intensity steady state cardio exercise, etc.. If more people were to actually push themselves harder and use higher intensity, they'd get way better results. In my opinion, if you can train for longer than an hour, you're not pushing yourself hard enough.

• Like 2

I do a fitness bootcamp 5 days a week, hot yoga 4 days and swim once. I about kill myself. However, I'm 49 and it's a tough age. I've noticed my body changing a lot the last year. My middle is getting thick and I hate it, even though I weigh exactly what I did as a 9th grader - and I'm about size 4.

I'm a clean eater but hubby and I have our nightly (we're empty nesters) cocktail. I'm guessing that derails it for me but really, i have to work this hard and can't enjoy one thing?

Is there ANY alcohol we can drink without it going straight to the gut?

• 3 weeks later...
I do a fitness bootcamp 5 days a week, hot yoga 4 days and swim once. I about kill myself. However, I'm 49 and it's a tough age. I've noticed my body changing a lot the last year. My middle is getting thick and I hate it, even though I weigh exactly what I did as a 9th grader - and I'm about size 4.

I'm a clean eater but hubby and I have our nightly (we're empty nesters) cocktail. I'm guessing that derails it for me but really, i have to work this hard and can't enjoy one thing?

Is there ANY alcohol we can drink without it going straight to the gut?

You can't really expect to consume that regularly something you know isn't particularly good for you without it having an impact... I mean, if you said "Can't I enjoy my nightly McDonalds without it going straight to fat?" the response would be obvious!

Cocktails have a lot of calories. One large cocktail could easily be 200 calories, that's likely as much as you'll burn in a half an hour of hot yoga. Spirits with low calorie mixers are probably your best bet if you want to drink without too much of an impact.

Additionally, fat distribution changes as you age and oestrogen levels drops. You get a shift from storing fat more in the legs/bum to storing it around the waist. This is responsible for your waist getting thicker despite still being the same weight. The unfortunate truth is that to maintain the same waist you had when you were younger, you'll need to either weigh less than you did then, or have more muscle mess at the same weight.

I have a slight belly too that I'm desperately trying to flatten but it's really difficult!

From August to October, I 'trained' everyday for 30mins, mostly buttxercise and belly-flattening ones. But lately, I've been too lazy and only exercising like 3 times a week (Nov to Dec). The butt has grown but my belly still looks a bit wobbly. It's gotten a bit hard - the actual waistline is like a surf board but the wobbli-ness in the belly area still remains - ughhhhhh!

I do a mix of both Jen Selter, Emily Skye and Angelina Mullins workouts. My butt looks awesome now, totally loving it but the belly kinda spoils my whole frame LOL...

Then again, like the other posters have mentioned, maybe because my diet consist mostly of McDonalds and KFC!!

I used to do intense when I was younger and never achieved anything shape nor weight wise.

I now walk 5-7 times a week - only a couple of miles probably.

I do bodyblade for toning for just a few minutes a day which is great for a neck problem I have.

I am 46, always between 8 and 8 and a half stone (over the past 13 years) and have little to no belly (the walking sorted this a long time ago)

I used to always be on diets as I could get to 10 stone which was way too much for me being only 5ft.

I quit diets and eat all full fat food but barely ever eat sugar. I just don't like sweet stuff.

I have to stay in shape for work so usually 6 days a week. Will run 3-5 miles in the morning and lift in the evening for about an hour and a half.