Fast weight gain - fast weight loss?

I gained 8-10 pounds in the past 6 months. I wouldn't mind it too much, but it shows a lot in my face (I have small facial bones).

Is there a healthy way to kick start losing these newly gained pounds? Does it make a difference that I haven't keep this weight for long?

I want to get motivated enough for a consistent long term healthy diet, but if I can get rid of 4-5 pounds fast, this will be a great kick start...

• Like 1

If you go on a strict diet and heavy workout regime for a few weeks it will go in no time.

I lost about 80 pounds in just over 6 months and I did it very healthily although people would probably disagree.

If you go to the gym, do some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) to burn that fat. Try get 30-40 minutes cardio in and follow through with 20-30 minutes of some weight training if you want to tone up.

A good diet just consists of trying to be at a calorie deficit at the end of the day. 3500 Calories = 1 pound - So at the end of the week if you are under your regular calorie amount by 3500 you would have lost 1 pound.

Try limit your bad carbohydrate intake - don't eat white flour and pasta, go for brown rice and sweet potato instead. Try not to fry anything too as that gives you unnecessary unsaturated fats.

ALSO, drink plenty of water, 2-3 litres a day. It will help flush out all the water retention in your body. A lot of the 'fat' that you say you've put on could easily be water retention.

Hope it helps! If you want to do this FAST as you suggested this is the way that i'd recommend.

Good luck :)

• Like 1
  • Author

Wow 80!! pounds for 6 months, you rock! That's like 3 pounds a week, I'm assuming you increased your calorie burn a lot, else this will be 1500 calorie deficit per day.

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to test the water tip (heard it before, but so far I probably haven't persevered long enough to make it work) and HIIP + carb restriction, I'll report if it works :)

• Like 1

age and metabolism change. With it, the realistic results. My daily intake needs to be 1800 calories to stay even. If i go to 2200 calories... a pound greets me on the hips! And this is with excersise and natural foods. I encourage fluid intake, I think 64 to 80 ounces per day works fine. Unless your perspiring alot, there is not much need for over watering. Your body also needs relaxing too... some meditation can help. Bravo to the poster that dropped 80! wow! that took much discipline.

• Like 1
  • Author

When did you notice a slow down in your metabolism? I'm almost 31 now, I noticed at 27-28 I start losing and gaining weight slower than before. But in the current case I think I've just had too much food in the past months...

age and metabolism change. With it, the realistic results. My daily intake needs to be 1800 calories to stay even. If i go to 2200 calories... a pound greets me on the hips! And this is with excersise and natural foods. I encourage fluid intake, I think 64 to 80 ounces per day works fine. Unless your perspiring alot, there is not much need for over watering. Your body also needs relaxing too... some meditation can help. Bravo to the poster that dropped 80! wow! that took much discipline.

If it is from overeating, I would think it will fall off just as quickly as it appeared, when you cut back. Same thing happened to me, I want my face back lol. When I cut back on my portions I can see the weight fall off within days, and I agree with drinking lots of water.

• Like 1

One thing that I've noticed makes a difference in my weight is by how clean I am eating, by that I mean good whole foods like broccoli, berries, fish, bone broth or veggie broth based homemade soups as opposed to fluff foods: processed celophane encased snacks, for instance. Also a lot of foods labeled diet on them are often pretty full of chemicals and hard to pronounce pseudo food. For me, I tend to be hungrier and gain more regardless of calories on pseudo foods. My body just doesn't do well with them. I found cutting out things my grandmother wouldn't have recognized as food to be a good first step!

• Like 2