Unlucky_I_Guess

For as long as I can remember, I've never been able to burp (belch). My stomach gets very bloated and painful very quickly and all I can do is make what I call "reverse burps"...a gurgling sound that feels like a burp coming up, but it then goes back down again. This happens constantly no matter what I eat or drink.

I was diagnosed a long time ago with an ulcer but I'm not sure if it's even an issue anymore. I was prescribed Prilosec and take it once a day.

I've heard that some people with this condition are able to find relief by gagging themselves with a finger down the throat and stopping before puking. I HATE puking though so I'm a bit timid to try it. I fart like a champion racehorse though (probably contributed to my breakup lol).

Does anyone else have this issue, and if so how do you relieve the pain?

I toss a teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of warm water and drink it slowly (if I'm not in the mood for a beer). It will also help neutralize any excess stomach acid you may have. Not recommended if you're in a sodium restricted diet.

• Like 1
  • Author
Unlucky_I_Guess

I've heard of using baking soda before; haven't tried it yet.

I can't burp when I drink beer or soda either though...I just get very bloated. It sucks because I'm a big fan of beer. :laugh: