LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

How do I get health insurance?

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Old 21st July 2015, 5:46 AM   #1
Established Member

How do I get health insurance?

Hi, I live in the US and I'm 26, and I don't have a job, so I can't get health insurance and I can't be on my parent's insurance anymore. Does anyone know what I should do? Thanks.
GH101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 11:46 AM   #2
Established Member

Are you healthy in general? Check out this link for catastrophic plans for those under 30 via Healthcare.gov (US Affordable Care Act):

Catastrophic plans if you’re under 30
jen1447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 11:53 AM   #3

Go to your city's country office and apply for Medical Assistance. Low income to no income people qualify for it. Benefits; no office co-pay, no prescription cost, 100% hospital visit coverage.
writergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 11:59 AM   #4
Established Member

Journal Entries: 39
Also, Healthcare.gov can direct you to the appropriate agency, in your case likely MedicAid.

Home - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

Back when I applied for MediCaid, things weren't as automated as they are now and I had to call the local MediCal office and then there was some back and forth mailing and faxing. Took about a week. I applied for my mother prior to placing her in skilled nursing. After that initial work was done, I had zero issues for the remaining four or so years of her life.
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote