Anyone in the medical field? Low BP.

Have been home testing and getting around 110/60 quite frequently. Sometimes the bottom number has even been in the 50's. Have once seen the top number below 100.

I've researched online, and nothing jumps out that's it very serious (compared to high BP). But I have read that this is considered "low BP".

Obviously I will mention this on my next doctor visit, but was wondering if anyone knew anything more about low BP.

I have it as well. Usually 110/70, but as low as 90/56. It's all good.

Yes, I'm a nurse. If you find yourself feeling dizzy when rising from a sitting or bending position, then it's a problem that needs to be addressed. Otherwise, your doc is going to say 'awesome'.

• Like 4
regine_phalange

Could it be because of the summer?

Midwest, I usually have a BP of around 125 and 75. My doctor says she'd prefer if it was a bit lower because I'm a lady. Do you agree with her?

Could it be because of the summer?

Midwest, I usually have a BP of around 125 and 75. My doctor says she'd prefer if it was a bit lower because I'm a lady. Do you agree with her?

It's the bottom number that is of greater concern, and 75 is fine. Depending on your age, she may be trying to watch a trend and make sure you're not heading upwards. Not sure what gender has to do with it.

Concern with the top number usually starts around 140, altho they may have lowered that lately, not sure.

• Like 1

NGC130,

Before I comment can I ask how old you are?

And have these reading been taken after rest or after exercise?

Thanks

AW

• Author

31 and at rest.

Sometimes after exercise (maybe 1/2 hour after) I get some of the lowest readings oddly enough.

I tend to hover around 85/58 (or 88/55, I forget). I'm 31. Doctors say I am perfectly fine though. My pulse is also pretty low, about 40.

hypertension- high blood pressure

hypotension- low blood pressure

I run low. dizzy spells, anemic and poor circulation.

My family genetics have us with high end.

Mine is stablizing yet even with a change in diet and excerise It stays consistently on the low side.

The weird thing is with my nature for anxiety you'd think i'd register higher on bp, instead I get erratic pulse and off the charts beats per minute with it.

NGC1300,

If you are physically fit then I don't think you have anything to worry about, but I ask your doctor to check it out just in case.

I had similar readings in my 30's and found that if I got out of bed too quickly then I went a bit dizzy. Now that I'm, errrrr, quite a bit older, my BP is "textbook normal" ( 120/80) while colleagues are all taking beta-blockers and other anti-hypertensive drugs

Having low BP isn't necessarily a bad thing. BP readings increase with age as the arterial walls become less elastic so you have a head start on others !

Tayla,

I'm a bit concerned about this ;-

instead I get erratic pulse and off the charts beats per minute with it.

this is a paroxysmal tachycardia, have you had this checked out?

ohh my arieswoman, ! I just read the symptoms and that is exactly what i experience with that condition. when last i had an exam my doctor didn't seem too concerned since I still have anxiety attacks ... maybe I need to advocate for further testing, simply to be assured what is going on. Thank you for bringing this to my attention to at least get checked out.

• Like 1

It's called orthostatic hypotension when dizziness is related to getting up quickly. I prefer to deal with it, just move more slowly, and make sure I don't fall over. It will pass.

I do have free reign to eat salt if I feel it's running too low. I'm 53 and still run that low. My dad was running 100/60 to 110/70 at the age of 91.

It's definitely genetics, and I'll take it. No one in my family is on antiHTN meds, and I have two siblings in their 60s.

Tayla, yes, I would have that checked out. Hope you're well!

• Like 1