I've joined a 6 week bootcamp fitness class!

First time I've been to the gym in forever. I'm talking maybe a decade here. I do yoga regularly at home, but going to the gym has not been in my vocabulary in ages now.

Class will be Monday-Thursday for one hour for the next 6 weeks. I'm excited because my goal is to lose 20-25 pounds. All of June I have cut out fast food and soda. It will also become my July goal. Combined with my hiking + yoga and now this 6 week bootcamp class, I see no reason why I wouldn't get lean and tone :)

Just really pleased with myself for disciplining myself through. It feels good to set a goal and hit it!

• Like 2
First time I've been to the gym in forever. I'm talking maybe a decade here. I do yoga regularly at home, but going to the gym has not been in my vocabulary in ages now.

Class will be Monday-Thursday for one hour for the next 6 weeks. I'm excited because my goal is to lose 20-25 pounds. All of June I have cut out fast food and soda. It will also become my July goal. Combined with my hiking + yoga and now this 6 week bootcamp class, I see no reason why I wouldn't get lean and tone :)

Just really pleased with myself for disciplining myself through. It feels good to set a goal and hit it!

Nice! Drink lots of water. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, try to get protein from vegetable based foods. Almonds and sunflower seeds are a great snack. Make sure you get sleep; that is when the body builds and replenishes.

Congrats and good luck girl ;)

• Author
Nice! Drink lots of water. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, try to get protein from vegetable based foods. Almonds and sunflower seeds are a great snack. Make sure you get sleep; that is when the body builds and replenishes.

Congrats and good luck girl ;)

Thanks! I'm a guy thought but thanks, lol.

Yeah, gotta eat lots of fruits and veggies (I recently learned how to stir fry veggies! I learned how to make a stir fried vegetable medley and with some soy sauce the thing turned out pretty good!)

Gotta work on sleeping earlier though. I often stay up past 2 AM... a bad habit going back to high school. Especially since I'm on summer break, I can sleep at 3 AM sometimes knowing I don't need to be up by 7 AM. Bad habit I gotta work on next.

Thanks! I'm a guy thought but thanks, lol.

Yeah, gotta eat lots of fruits and veggies (I recently learned how to stir fry veggies! I learned how to make a stir fried vegetable medley and with some soy sauce the thing turned out pretty good!)

Gotta work on sleeping earlier though. I often stay up past 2 AM... a bad habit going back to high school. Especially since I'm on summer break, I can sleep at 3 AM sometimes knowing I don't need to be up by 7 AM. Bad habit I gotta work on next.

Sorry dude. I always figure people taking classes are women. Good luck with the class!

Teknoe that sounds great. Too many people make weight loss into some crazy mystery. Most people could accomplish it by simply cutting out soda, and taking an hour walk everyday.

Your boot camp classes will give the benefit of burning additional calories and improving your cardiovascular fitness. You'll get some toning as well. After that consider doing 10 weeks of weightlifting 3 days per week. That will give your arms and legs some nice definition.