Quick! Summer is coming...look busy

DatingDirection

I'm a bit worried, summer is around the corner, and i have 3 months to look my best. im thinking to just eat salads everyday, with different dressings low cal, and add some protein to the salad, eggs, chicken, fish...just for 3 months, and see what happends? i just hope i can live off of salads for the next 3 months. i need that will power. i just want to get fit in the fastest way possible for the next 3 months. some of you may say, that's not a good way to go just eat 6 small meals a day, and exercise, but meal prep takes soooooo long, especially since i work 12 hour days some days. i hope this salad bar works.

Well, while I applaud you and anyone who sets goals - which helps with developing and keeping a weight/diet goal, I think too many people fall for the "New Year's Resolutions" or "I gotta fit into...." game...and once the goal/timeframe is over, they're back into old habits.

I think being fit/getting rid of weight is best done with simple and permanent changes to diet/lifestyle and done slowly.

Like substituting butter for "I can't believe it's not butter", baking instead of frying french fries, chicken, light beers, etc. One "cheat" day a week where you don't pig out, but eat that decent portion of pizza. And, portion control.

One radio personality I used to listen to wasn't "overweight", but he didn't work out and literally ate "Honeybuns" for breakfast at the radio station. Well, doctor told him in his 40's he was pre-diabetes and he had no choice "but" to change. Well, one day he was talking how instead of doucing his salads in dressing, now he cuts up strawberries and stuff on it and he is now amazed on the flavor from other healthier things he didn't take the time to know/consider. So, in other words, now he acquired the taste of substituting fruits, nuts, goat cheese, etc on his salads rather than smothering it in dressing.

I'm also not a fan of restricting yourself to a particular thing (i.e. salads only, meats only). I believe in substituting, preparation, portion control.

• Like 1
  • Author
DatingDirection

yes that is the correct way indeed to live a healthier lifestyle, except that i don't get my meals in, i mean, i eat 1x or 2x per day most days, soup, salad, chicken etc. but i think my body just goes into starvation mode, and stores anything i eat, rather than burn it off.

yes that is the correct way indeed to live a healthier lifestyle, except that i don't get my meals in, i mean, i eat 1x or 2x per day most days, soup, salad, chicken etc. but i think my body just goes into starvation mode, and stores anything i eat, rather than burn it off.

Well, some people eat more than the standard 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)...but to me, that's too much work.

Breakfast is a MUST. When I skip it, I end up eating more - especially at the end of the day.

When we skip meals, yes, it slows our metabolism and seems like the body decides to store instead of process.

I'm getting so old I don't care about eating anymore sometimes. I just eat for fuel sometimes. Like since mum's gone. I just cook on Sunday and eat the thing all week. Don't care for variety, as long as I have food.

So, if you're busy, organization (i.e. cooking on one day for the whole week, prep meal/salad the night before) is important. Even if you don't have "time" for breakfast, a quick banana is "something" better than "nothing".

• Like 1
CrystalShine2011

I think it's great you want to reach this goal!

I do however think that there are MANY other options besides salad that will deliver a healthy meal and keep you energized. :)

Perhaps consider:

-Eggs

-Chicken

-Quinoa (I love this with blueberries)

-Kale Salad

etc. etc.

**I would keep away from dressing all together honestly...it's a processed food that is high in sugar.

fitnessfan365
I think being fit/getting rid of weight is best done with simple and permanent changes to diet/lifestyle and done slowly.

Ding, ding, ding..We have a winner.

Staying fit and being healthy is a lifestyle. Not a seasonal thing done to look good in a bikini. If people would eat healthy 85% of the time, and workout regularly year round, there wouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

I'm also not a fan of restricting yourself to a particular thing (i.e. salads only, meats only). I believe in substituting, preparation, portion control.

Quiet you. Meats only is a perfectly acceptable way to live!!!!!!!! ;)

From what I have read of people actually having done it this workout challenge works really well. It is on my bucket list for this year...

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/10000-swing-kettlebell-workout

I wouldn't diet on this monster though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
DatingDirection

Thank you so much everyone for all the replies. Of course, I understand eating healthy is a lifestyle, not just something to change for a season. Just wanted to share that today is day 7 for me for a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle change. I feel so amazing!!! My energy is balanced, I have a lot more energy throughout the day. My eyes look clear and white, I look less tired, and I find it easy to have meals throughout the day, without counting calories, or skipping meals b/c I didn't prep. Meal prep is so easy, I just make sure I have a bowl of fresh fruit and veggies or just one, mono meal with me, plus a snack, banana or apple, and there I go. I think what's changed for me is the fact that, I now feel meal prepping is easier, I don't have to cook my food, spend an entire day cooking, it's just chopping or putting some fruit and veggies in a blender and having my green smoothie ready to go in minutes.

• 3 weeks later...