How do I start a regimen?

I've recently realized I've been gaining a bit of weight, and not only that but more body fat, presumably in the stomach area. I have been trying to fine a good regime in order to start slimming down but am unable to keep it once started. I'm also a college student without a kitchen, so I've tried buying healthier items. Does anyone have any toning tips and where I should start? Thank you

PinkCarnations

Check out toneitup.com they have free workouts on YouTube that you can do at home AND a nutrition plan you can purchase on their website. The nutrition plan contains a bunch of healthy recipes and let's you know which foods are good for your body as well as when to eat what. It's basically a lifestyle and the toneitup girls are gorgeous. I loveeee it!!!

genuinelyloverly7

Get a blender (yes, the Vitamix is the BEST but it isn't the only) that has as powerful a motor as you can afford. Start with one green smoothie a day to replace a meal. There are tons of recipes online for them.

Drink at least 2-3 Quarts of water a day, preferably with lemon juice in it.

And if you want to really step it up, look up Bikram Yoga. It will rock your world, and kick your extra weight down the road real fast.

fitnessfan365

1) What are your eating habits like and what's your calorie intake? Honestly nutrition is 80% of success.

2) How much sleep are you getting and what's your stress level like? Both can take a major toll on your body and effect your weight/body fat levels.

3) How much water are you drinking per day?

The best thing to do is choose a form of exercise you can be consistent with. One thing I hear people say all the time is they can't workout because they can't afford a gym. But there are stairs all over the place and free parks where you can do body weight exercises with the jungle gym equipment, etc..

• Like 1
CrystalShine2011

What you eat is the biggest hurdle: I would suggest cutting sugar and any other bad snack/food items in your home.

For workout regime: work up to strength training daily as well as an interchangeable cardio routine. I like to add 1-2 days of a fun "sport" like rock-climbing or zumba. Good luck!