Drink Warm Lemon Water in the Morning

So I've seen many posts that outline the benefits of drinking a glass of warm water with lemon juice first thing in the morning to get your digestive system in gear. I've been doing it every morning this week and I have to say it seems to be working! I don't usually have regular daily "movements", but this week they are coming with ease and regularly! (Sorry if TMI)

Give it a try!

• Like 1

My mom does this now. The other day she was still sipping her morning cup at 4 PM.

I think it must taste awful.

• Like 1

My mom tried to make me drink this concoction a while back, I think she tried to make me drink it on an empty stomach too.

Was not happening. I gave it a sip, and was done with it.

• Like 1
So I've seen many posts that outline the benefits of drinking a glass of warm water with lemon juice first thing in the morning to get your digestive system in gear. I've been doing it every morning this week and I have to say it seems to be working! I don't usually have regular daily "movements", but this week they are coming with ease and regularly! (Sorry if TMI)

Give it a try!

What benefits are you referring to?

I dont know how they came to those conclusions, always a bit skeptical on these.

"Prevents wrinkle and acne formation," yeah.... "Cures the common cold" no it doesn't. Bull.

Cool that it helped your bowels though lol.

Ninjainpajamas

With all the things you hear these days, I wouldn't be surprised at the next magical potion that's supposed to do this or that. It seems all you have to do is add "cleanse" to the end of any of the magic potions and you've got yourself the attention of many interested people.

I'm lactose intolerant, so I don't have your problem If I don't want your problem...I'm not always sensitive to it though. You could also eat fiber, or drink coffee, there's more than one thing that would work.

But at the end of the day, I'm not drinking lemon water in the morning just to take a dump.

• Author
For your purpose coffee on empty stomach is more efficient.

I was already drinking coffee on an empty stomach. No luck there.

• Author
I dont know how they came to those conclusions, always a bit skeptical on these.

"Prevents wrinkle and acne formation," yeah.... "Cures the common cold" no it doesn't. Bull.

Cool that it helped your bowels though lol.

I agree; everything on the list is a bit extreme, but I can honestly say it does get your digestive system in gear.

evanescentworld

Like I said, ACV and warm water is far better....

With all the things you hear these days, I wouldn't be surprised at the next magical potion that's supposed to do this or that. It seems all you have to do is add "cleanse" to the end of any of the magic potions and you've got yourself the attention of many interested people.

I'm lactose intolerant, so I don't have your problem If I don't want your problem...I'm not always sensitive to it though. You could also eat fiber, or drink coffee, there's more than one thing that would work.

But at the end of the day, I'm not drinking lemon water in the morning just to take a dump.

This isn't just about drinking lemon in warm water to help make a poo come out easier or more regular, the other health benefits of drinking lemon and warm water are fantastic. Google it and see what it does.

• Like 2
evanescentworld
This isn't just about drinking lemon in warm water to help make a poo come out easier or more regular, the other health benefits of drinking lemon and warm water are fantastic. Google it and see what it does.

And as I have tried to point out....

Like I said, ACV and warm water is far better....
16 Health Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water

Now going on 10 consecutive days of bowel movements! lol

Apart from the nutrient density of lemons, the rest of that article is not accurate.

Lemon water does not contribute to weight loss or improved bowel movements.

It is overall calorie intake and the diet as a whole.

Nothing more than a placebo!

The article offers no scientific data or meta analysis to back up it's claims.

Drinking overall more water can aid in weight loss but the lemons do not "detox" and there is no such thing as detoxing. If one had to "detox" chances are we're already dead from being "toxic" The body works 24/7 to keep things running so the need for a "detox" is complete rubbish.

The difference between medicine and poison is the dose. A glass of lemon water won't make much impact on over body functionality.

• Like 9
evanescentworld

^^ Brilliant post ^^.

Did I mention ACV and water are much better for you....?

(God I am sooo irritating!! :lmao: )

• Like 3
I was already drinking coffee on an empty stomach. No luck there.

Do a coffee enema then is you really want detox.... and a speedy bowel movement.;)

• Author
Apart from the nutrient density of lemons, the rest of that article is not accurate.

Lemon water does not contribute to weight loss or improved bowel movements.

It is overall calorie intake and the diet as a whole.

Nothing more than a placebo!

The article offers no scientific data or meta analysis to back up it's claims.

Drinking overall more water can aid in weight loss but the lemons do not "detox" and there is no such thing as detoxing. If one had to "detox" chances are we're already dead from being "toxic" The body works 24/7 to keep things running so the need for a "detox" is complete rubbish.

The difference between medicine and poison is the dose. A glass of lemon water won't make much impact on over body functionality.

Such skeptics. I never said lemon water was a weight loss miracle, but was merely pointing out how it has worked for me in aiding digestion. I know my body and I can definitely tell a difference in functionality; I don't need a scholarly article to tell me this.

The Real Benefits of Lemon Water According to Science - Root and Sprouts Science Based Health

evanescentworld

Yeah, but ACV and water IS much better.....

:p

• Like 1

Not only that detox is complete BS, citrus fruit is acidic, drinking too much lemon water is bad for your teeth.

• Like 4
Such skeptics. I never said lemon water was a weight loss miracle, but was merely pointing out how it has worked for me in aiding digestion. I know my body and I can definitely tell a difference in functionality; I don't need a scholarly article to tell me this.

The Real Benefits of Lemon Water According to Science - Root and Sprouts Science Based Health

Skeptic? Quite the opposite, i am very open minded but i also follow the science.

I am glad it is working for you but the article you provided is 90% BS. You say you don't need an article to tell you how you feel but you provided an article to back up your claim. Interesting concept indeed.

The people i coach, i encourage them to do research, to challenge what i say but i also tell them to back up what they say.

For me, you are drinking more water overall, that is why you feel better. Better hydrated, water also helps with satiety, helps with digestion and so on. There is nothing magical or "detoxing" about lemon.

I am not having a go at you and who am it to say what anyone should or should not do. I just questioning the article you used to support your argument.

evanescentworld

My H came home the other evening, and complained that he was getting over-tired, irritable, he was experiencing joint pains, eyesight problems, fatigue and general aches and strains....

He then realised (excuse the 'TMI'...) his pee was the colour of banoffee caramel.

That evening and the following day, he considerably upped his water intake.

Regular bowel, better eyesight, and total improvement all round, to all above complaints. Including virtually-clear pee.

And not a single lemon in sight.

Read Dr. Batmanghelidj's book: 'Your Body's many Cries for Water'.

• Like 1

I would go to the DR if I didn't have regular bowel movements...is there something wrong w/ your diet? When I eat too few veggies and too much dairy I might skip a BM or have too many of themm... but other than that they are like clockwork (between 7-8AM every day LOL). Or you could be dehydrated. If my pee isn't almost clear I know I didn't drink my loads of water that day, blah.