Addicted to Thin Mints! Really.

Not kidding. It's not just thin mints, but Girl Scout cookies in general.

On Sunday I ate an entire box of Thin Mints AND an entire box of the new Cranberry ones. By myself.

Yesterday I ate another entire box of thin mints and half a box of Caramel Delights (aka Samoas).

Today I finished the other half of the box of Caramel Delights and yet another entire box of Thin Mints.

That's 5 boxes in 3 days!! Did I mention I wasn't sharing?

I swear they are laced with something. Please tell me I'm not alone. I feel disgusting.

The only serious violation of my diet in four years was due to a box of Caramel Delights. :mad:

• Like 1
  • Author
The only serious violation of my diet in four years was due to a box of Caramel Delights. :mad:

Just one?? lol I maintain a pretty healthy diet until GS cookie season comes around. It's all downhill from there. It's really hard to avoid them; these girls are EVERYWHERE! Facebook, Instagram, store parking lots, your front door, street corners...

Ninjainpajamas

I prefer the coconut ones with the chocolate stripes...those things are addictive, but I've only ever bought a box once myself and that's because a friends daughter was selling them, otherwise I usually eat a few of someone else's.

But never could understand the allure of mint flavoring, like chocolate chip mint icecream which everyone seemed to love, or other mind candies...just taste like toothpaste to me.

• Like 2
  • Author
I prefer the coconut ones with the chocolate stripes...those things are addictive, but I've only ever bought a box once myself and that's because a friends daughter was selling them, otherwise I usually eat a few of someone else's.

Those are Caramel Delights!! I love them! They are also called Samoas in some areas. (I'll never understand the politics behind these magical cookies.)

Just opened a box of Lemonades...it's time for an intervention.

Many many years ago there was a product called Yum Yums that were the same thing as Caramel Delights. But I don't think they are made any more. I remember LOVING those when was a kid.

In fact, I can still remember the first time I was allowed to walk all the way to the neighborhood store by myself... I think about age six. And I was going for Yum Yums! :laugh:

You can buy GS cookies online now which is good since only like seven cents of a box goes to the kids begging in front of the store.

You can buy GS cookies online now which is good since only like seven cents of a box goes to the kids begging in front of the store.

Really? How much goes to the girls when you buy online?

Probably nothing but at least they don't have to beg.

• Author

No wonder they are everywhere! The poor girls have to hustle now to make any money.

When I was a GS, selling 100 boxes at $2 each was a record! Now they have to sell like 1,000 boxes at $4!

• 4 weeks later...
Those are Caramel Delights!! I love them! They are also called Samoas in some areas. (I'll never understand the politics behind these magical cookies.)

They have different names east and west of the Mississippi. I think the Girl Scouts have a different supplier for cookies in the east and the west.

If you live in an area on the Mississippi, it gets really confusing. For me, Girl Scout cookies have different names depending on whether I buy them in Minneapolis or St. Paul! :eek:

I love dosidos. And tagalongs in the freezer.

I think they both have new names now. My husband loves thin mints.

Under The Radar

Samoas are the shiznit.

I actually participated in a scenario where a friend had several boxes of Thin Mints.

Another friend had several boxes of Do-Si-Dos.

And I had 1 box of Samoas ...... you would have thought that 1 box was like Helen of Troy ...... everybody wanted to trade me for it.

In the end, despite the fact they are an ab killer, I crushed that singular box of Girl Scout Cookies :laugh:

PinkCarnations

Quit buying them! I limit myself to 1 box only, and I eat Up to 3 cookies per day at MOST. So it takes me several weeks to go through 1 box. You sound like you're seriously binge eating. Come on, you already like 3689437 of them and you're buying 6 more boxes?!! You're going to regret it. I feel sick just thinking about how fast you're going through them. I'm surprised you're not throwing up after eating so many in such a short amount of time. If you came on here to get justification or advice, I'm telling you that you need to sTOP eating them! Have only 1 as a treat from time to time, but don't go through boxes of them!!!

• 2 weeks later...
bathtub-row

If the thin mints happen to be on sale at a time when I'm trying to lose weight, those things don't get past my doorstep. I have absolutely no control when they're in my presence. I literally just ate a box of them this evening. Completely ridiculous. Lol!

It's good to know that I'm not the Lone Ranger here. :laugh:

• Like 1
Quit buying them! I limit myself to 1 box only, and I eat Up to 3 cookies per day at MOST. So it takes me several weeks to go through 1 box. You sound like you're seriously binge eating. Come on, you already like 3689437 of them and you're buying 6 more boxes?!! You're going to regret it. I feel sick just thinking about how fast you're going through them. I'm surprised you're not throwing up after eating so many in such a short amount of time. If you came on here to get justification or advice, I'm telling you that you need to sTOP eating them! Have only 1 as a treat from time to time, but don't go through boxes of them!!!

OMG I thought the same thing! D: "THE DIABEETUS!"

I have ONE box of thin mints in my house and I eat like 4-5 at a time. I still haven't even finished the first sleeve of cookies and I've had the box for a few weeks.

• Author
OMG I thought the same thing! D: "THE DIABEETUS!"

I have ONE box of thin mints in my house and I eat like 4-5 at a time. I still haven't even finished the first sleeve of cookies and I've had the box for a few weeks.

I want your will power (and the rest of your thin mints)! I admit it's definitely a form of binge eating, but it's under control now that GS cookie season is over. :)