Need veggies meals recommendations

I gained around 5 pounds during the final exams/Holidays/New York trip

I'm trying to eat more healthy food rather than dieting to lose the weight

So I need any vegetarian recipes that are delicious, filling, and yet does not contain a lot of calories

Well I always go to the gym and exercise, so don't worry about that

all I need is your recommendations of easy and healthy veggies meals

I tried to google them online of course, but I didn't find that interesting recipes:sick:

so maybe you know something or tried something that is good...

Vegan with a Vengeance is a great cookbook.

vegetariantimes.com also has many free recipes. I've never had a bad experience with their recipes.

• Like 2

I don't have a recipe, I just.. know how to do it lol. But I'm sure good recipes exist. But you can make legit-taste/texture spaghetti out of squash, I swear.

Just buy a big Spaghetti Squash, stab it like 12 times with a knife and microwave it until it feels a little squishy. It will also usually start hissing at you when you open the microwave door to check it, **** gets hot as hell so be careful. Then cut it in half and take a fork and just start carving out the 'spaghetti' strings. It's damn good with whatever low-cal / low-card (whatever you're doing) sauce.

• Like 1
todreaminblue
The first and second recipes seem delicious

they are all delish noproblem....you can experiment with them perhaps add a little of your fave seasonal vegetable or herb even if it is a garnish......try to base recipes around in season veggies you adore pick one and plan your whole meal around it throw in exotics sparingly at first till you get used to the taste....i love earthiness of fresh roasted beetroot it is insurmountable i believe in flavor stakes...can take on flavours and when paired with just a little orange zest a drizzle of sesame oil for the nuttiness, it is a taste sensation....celeriac is also very versatile...fennel also, again with citrus ......i wish you well and happy cooking....deb

• Like 1
  • Author
they are all delish noproblem....you can experiment with them perhaps add a little of your fave seasonal vegetable or herb even if it is a garnish......try to base recipes around in season veggies you adore pick one and plan your whole meal around it throw in exotics sparingly at first till you get used to the taste....i love earthiness of fresh roasted beetroot it is insurmountable i believe in flavor stakes...can take on flavours and when paired with just a little orange zest a drizzle of sesame oil for the nuttiness, it is a taste sensation....celeriac is also very versatile...fennel also, again with citrus ......i wish you well and happy cooking....deb

Thank you so much I will try to add different flavors :)

• Like 1
  • Author
Vegan with a Vengeance is a great cookbook.

vegetariantimes.com also has many free recipes. I've never had a bad experience with their recipes.

I hope I can find there some good dibs and salads suggestions ..Thank you so much for your help

• Author
I don't have a recipe, I just.. know how to do it lol. But I'm sure good recipes exist. But you can make legit-taste/texture spaghetti out of squash, I swear.

Just buy a big Spaghetti Squash, stab it like 12 times with a knife and microwave it until it feels a little squishy. It will also usually start hissing at you when you open the microwave door to check it, **** gets hot as hell so be careful. Then cut it in half and take a fork and just start carving out the 'spaghetti' strings. It's damn good with whatever low-cal / low-card (whatever you're doing) sauce.

From where can I get this kind of spaghetti

I mean I saw a black bean spaghetti at Costco the other day

but I've never seen a squash spaghetti

is it delicious?

I hate Squash by the way!

todreaminblue
From where can I get this kind of spaghetti

I mean I saw a black bean spaghetti at Costco the other day

but I've never seen a squash spaghetti

is it delicious?

I hate Squash by the way!

you can make your own no problem from scratch easy as pie.......

Make spaghetti from veggies

• 3 weeks later...

Hummus wraps are great.

-Low calorie wrap

-hummus

-cucumber

-tomato

-craisins

-baby spinach

Wrap up and enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Author
Hummus wraps are great.

-Low calorie wrap

-hummus

-cucumber

-tomato

-craisins

-baby spinach

Wrap up and enjoy!

Wow this is a really nice idea. I love hummus

the only problem is I think Hummus has a lot of fat in it

and right now I wanna consume less fat

Be weary of eating vegetarian in order to lose weight. I gained weight when I switched. You really need to be careful that you don't supplement protein with more carbs or dairy. You will feel more hungry without meat in your diet so be aware of over portioning things.

Eating dinner as early in evening and cutting carbs after 4pm helped me drop some weight. Try and make breakfast and lunch your biggest meals rather than dinner.

my favourite salad.

• Like 2
Wow this is a really nice idea. I love hummus

the only problem is I think Hummus has a lot of fat in it

and right now I wanna consume less fat

Hummus is a good fat though. Chick peas are a good source of protein.

It's saturated fats you want to avoid.

• Like 1

I make black bean burritos that are pretty good. I don't know if you consider beans fattening but they have plant protein which is better for you than animal protein.

And we all need protein.

In a skillet put three cups vegetable broth, one sliced bell pepper and one sliced onion and cook on medium heat until crisp tender.

Heat black beans in a small pot on low.

In a dry frying pan on high heat place one tortilla at a time and heat on both sides, about 15 seconds a side.

I use fresh salsa and guacamole on mine and they taste really good and are actually very filling.

Traditional hummus is low fat.

I make hummus all the time:

* Can of garbanzos, drained (save liquid)

* 2-3 cloves garlic, minced

* 1 teaspoon cumin powder

* 1 tablespoon tahini (peanut butter works too)

* Juice of 1 lemon

Whirl in blender or food processor until very smooth, adding the bean liquid as needed to get a good blend going and make a smooth dip texture.

Can be used as a dip for carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, radishes, crackers, baked pita triangles etc. Can also be eaten with a spoon!

• Like 5
  • Author
Traditional hummus is low fat.

I make hummus all the time:

* Can of garbanzos, drained (save liquid)

* 2-3 cloves garlic, minced

* 1 teaspoon cumin powder

* 1 tablespoon tahini (peanut butter works too)

* Juice of 1 lemon

Whirl in blender or food processor until very smooth, adding the bean liquid as needed to get a good blend going and make a smooth dip texture.

Can be used as a dip for carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, radishes, crackers, baked pita triangles etc. Can also be eaten with a spoon!

Thank you, I will try your recipe

but

My mom makes Hummus all the time, she adds yogurt and olive oil which makes it really yummy

I tried once to do it without the olive oil and I didn't like the taste as it wasn't smooth and creamy like what my mom prepares

But I like the ones in the stores, I bet they add oil to make it taste that good

like for example Sabra, and Hannah humus are delicious (at Costco)

One of the easiest ways I found to include veggies in my diet and with my morning smoothie.

My usual includes greek yogourt and an avocado which gives it a smooth texture. Then I'll add spinach or Kale depending on what I have.

If you add in a very ripe banana, it's all you'll taste (the banana)

I make burrito bowls often. I usually use brown rice, beans, corn, salsa and lettuce...very tasty way to get your greens on. ;) Also, if you have a favorite salad dish, consider salads for lunch. Pinterest has a lot of great ideas. Also, google Vaggetti as seen on TV....you can make veggie pasta from zucchinis and squash. :)

• Like 1

I've never been a big veggie fan, so when I started trying to lose weight by going semi-paleo (mostly followed the diet, but not 100%) I went with a chicken stir fry of the few veggies I do like:

Baked chicken breast (I use 4 tenderloin strips, I buy them frozen)

Okra

Tomatoes

Carrots (boiled ahead of time to soften them up)

Broccoli

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to grease the pan

I usually add some chicken seasoning I found in the spice section.

It's nothing fancy and not much, but it worked wonders for me considering how anti-veggie I was beforehand.

• Like 1
SycamoreCircle

I like making a low calorie Asian Cabbage Cole Slaw. It's cheap, filling and nutritious.

-cabbage(any kind will do)

-carrot

-cilantro(optional)

-garlic

-apple

-ginger(optional)

-natural soy sauce

-olive or sesame oil

Chop/shred everything up into matchsticks and slivers. Toss it in the soy sauce and oil to taste. Let it sit a minute before eating.

• Like 3

I have been making Japanese pan fried udon noodles recently. Kinda got hooked by Noodles & Company

http://9ad4fbf943e652b35b9f-c4a49d76d48cd1b152556e6b92003f52.r98.cf2.rackcdn.com/i/food/dishes/large/japanese-pan-noodles-536.png

I usually do that with chicken, but you can use tofu instead. I always add in a lot of veggies with it. Usually bean sprouts, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli and more carrots. I like squeezing lime over it as well as crushed peanuts as if it were pad Thai, but completely different noodles.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...