feeling hung over - didn't drink

This has happened a few times. We'll go out. I'll be the designated driver. I drink bottled water & keep the cap on. I have no sensations of being drugged or anything while there. I will eat, dance & have fun. The next morning I will still feel tired, nauseous, & like I have a mild case of cotton mouth. I have been tested & am not diabetic. I also do not have any other autoimmune diseases.

Has anybody experienced anything like this?

I want it to stop.

whichwayisup

You could have some food sensitivities or allergies. I'm figuring out if I am reacting to gluten and wheat. I get fog head and body aches, mostly in my legs it's like little pins and needles on fire. Very weird sensation!

Do you remember exactly what you ate? Ask around and see if anybody else feels similar as you, just in case something was off with the food.

Those are classic symptoms of dehydration, OP. For whatever reason you aren't as hydrated as you think you are.

• dizziness
  • headache
  • nausea
  • cotton mouth (dry mouth)
  • feeling thirsty
  • feeling dizzy
  • feeling tired

• Like 1
  • Author

How can I possibly awake dehydrated after drinking 4-6 bottles of water in a single evening?

No it doesn't only happen when out with friends. Sometimes I have awoken with the same feelings after a night in alone.

Has anybody experienced anything like this?

Yeah.. it has happened to me but I have always figured it was being dehydrated and not enough good food being consumed and add in the smoke being inhaled, I have also noted sometimes it was when I was out in the cold more than normal too.

I'd bet you are not drinking enough water and eating enough good food and inhaling too much smoke.

You can still be dehydrated even if you drink a lot of water. It could be related to adrenal fatigue which is the same symptoms as dehydration and what you wrote about in your first post. Or osmotic diuresis - elevated blood sugar causes this. Even if you're not diabetic, you may still have blood sugar issues.

You can check the color of your urine to see if you are dehydrated. There are charts online to show you what color means you lack hydration.

Otherwise, maybe go see an endocrinologist about your symptoms because it could be related to your thyroid / adrenal function since you don't drink alcohol.

• Author
You can still be dehydrated even if you drink a lot of water. It could be related to adrenal fatigue which is the same symptoms as dehydration and what you wrote about in your first post. Or osmotic diuresis - elevated blood sugar causes this. Even if you're not diabetic, you may still have blood sugar issues.

You can check the color of your urine to see if you are dehydrated. There are charts online to show you what color means you lack hydration.

Otherwise, maybe go see an endocrinologist about your symptoms because it could be related to your thyroid / adrenal function since you don't drink alcohol.

I do drink & it makes sense when I overdo it that I'm hung over. I just don't understand when I don't drink why I feel the same. I will talk to another endocrinologist.

There is no smoke indoors where we live & I avoid the smokers huddled outside in the cold. Silly smokers.

whichwayisup

It could be a food allergy or even a mineral depletion, get some blood tests done and get your B12 and iron levels checked, just in case.

Keep a food diary for the next few weeks or a month, see if there is a pattern.

Yes, it is strange that you have those symptoms if you're not a diagnosed diabetic and so far don't have any thyroid or adrenal issues. It could be a food allergy. But definitely figure out if you are dehydrated by doing a urine check on yourself. You'd be surprised how easy it is to become dehydrated just from not eating well. Doesn't matter if you drink water, but if you eat like crap, you can dehydrate yourself. Seeing another endocrinologist is a good idea.

whichwayisup
Yes, it is strange that you have those symptoms if you're not a diagnosed diabetic and so far don't have any thyroid or adrenal issues. It could be a food allergy. But definitely figure out if you are dehydrated by doing a urine check on yourself. You'd be surprised how easy it is to become dehydrated just from not eating well. Doesn't matter if you drink water, but if you eat like crap, you can dehydrate yourself. Seeing another endocrinologist is a good idea.

Yes, this! Coming off the holiday season of eating and stuffing my face (LOL) with rich food, sugars, chocolate etc., if I don't drink tons (and I mean tons) of water, I feel really yucky. Warm/hot water with lemon is also good too.

• Like 1
Snaggletooth

Just a thought, does this coincide with the central heating being turned on or up? I know if I leave mine on overnight I will wake looking for the cat that crapped in my head.

Also worth checking carbon monoxide levels if you have a gas boiler.

• Like 1
what is that aggie?

I'd recommend Googling it because it's a fairly rare condition, but you basically ferment food in your gut and it makes you drunk without ever actually drinking alcohol. I remember reading a journal about a man who had similar complaints and it turned out he had this condition.

Dehydration. Drink more water, especially if you dance and/or in an enviornment with heating on.

• Author
I'd recommend Googling it because it's a fairly rare condition, but you basically ferment food in your gut and it makes you drunk without ever actually drinking alcohol. I remember reading a journal about a man who had similar complaints and it turned out he had this condition.

I did google it but could only find anecdotal information & nothing in the accepted medical literature (Mayo clinic, NIH, WHO, big hospitals, legitimate journals etc.)

Caffeine withdrawal can mimic signs of a hangover. If you normally drink tea or diet soda but switch to bottled water when you go out that might have something to do with it.