Do you believe in the "jeans" test?

I certainly do. Last winter I felt heavy and lunky which prompted me to get in better shape for the cold this year.

Now after 3 solid months of pain in the gym, those tight jeans aren't so tight! Two others I used to train experienced the same revelation. The jeans test is very real and believable.

Keeping the weight down and staying in shape is the real task.

Yep !

Waist size - is the main way to understand what's happening to your body with diet and or exercise.[

Of course squats and deadlifts may lead to your jeans being a little tighter... in the legs.:)

Since I've started training, my jeans are lot tighter on my legs, mostly calves!

I've found that jeans matched my shape better too.

I was so excited about being able to take off my jeans by pulling them down without unbuttoning or un-zipping them, because they had gotten so loose in the waist that I could even slide them past my big ol' hips. I'm hoping that next spring/summer I can do the same thing with the ones that fit comfortably snugly right now. After all the holiday eating crap is done I'm going back on the wagon!

I go by how my clothes fit and how I feel period. I don't even own a scale. So YES the 'jeans test' is my thing too.

CiH*

• Like 1

I wish the same could be said for men's jeans, which have an almost universally terrible cut and design to highlight the male bottom half...

I wish the same could be said for men's jeans, which have an almost universally terrible cut and design to highlight the male bottom half...

lol. yeah I used to hate shopping for jeans when skinny when younger as there were no decent slim fit brands. I used to buy levi's/Lee generally and back in the 90s the baggy pants hanging look was huge. Now I put on more weight and thankfully there is greater range of jeans and I can buy G-Star so I look better for sure. I see many middle age men though walking around in the off the rack dept store value brand boxy big cut jeans, that might fit their bulging waist but don't do them any favors style wise.

I'll pay the extra for better cut/fit any day.