Quickness, Power, Agility

Does anyone know of proven exercises that assist in an increase in the aforementioned areas in the title? Im looking to get in the greatest physical shape of my life for my sport.

Also any suggestions on supplements to boost muscle development, sustain development and energy.

What's the best way to go about that w/out harming myself? should i get testost. checked out first?

The link below and whole website explain it very well. A little natural test bost improves basically everything about your physical abilities, recovery time and yes, libido too. ha ha

There are many, many estrogenic compounds we are exposed to daily. Cutting thos out and giving your body a fighting chance is good start.

The supplements do work as well. There is one called Anotest I have run for probably 6 months total this year. No ill effects. However, that one is a wild ride. Boosts the hell out of your testosterone. Most of what that booster does can be achieved by following the advice in the website I linked, but the Anotest really does it. I would only use DAA or Anotest when you really need it though. When you have something major going on where you have to be superhuman for a while.

100 Ways To Increase Testosterone Naturally » The Ultimate List

What's the best way to go about that w/out harming myself? should i get testost. checked out first?

Trying to answer you, but the stupid site is censoring my post.

Just posted all the relevant info for you, links and everything and for no reason at all, it's sitting in a moderation queue.

Does anyone know of proven exercises that assist in an increase in the aforementioned areas in the title? Im looking to get in the greatest physical shape of my life for my sport.

Also any suggestions on supplements to boost muscle development, sustain development and energy.

All anyone can do is reach their potential. That potential you are born with. Can't be taught, can't be learnt, it's in you, you're born with it, it's a natural timing and rhythm . Nobody taught Tyson power, nobody taught Marciano power, nobody taught Dempsey power. Nothing will teach you explosivity, agility, speed and power that is beyond your natural ability.

Want to reach your potential? Skip and dance. It all comes from balance, footwork, timing and the hips. Your connection to the ground dictates your speed and power. Everything comes from the soles of your feet up. Power is a chain reaction. Feet, knees, hips, shoulders, hands. Fire the pistons in time and you have power, fire them out of sequence and you have none. Rhythm is power, speed and agility. Skip rope and dance. Learn to connect the feet with the hips and the hips with the shoulders. Learn to post from back foot to front foot. Learn to rock from instep to instep. Learn to fire the right side. In time, in sequence, with balance, with tempo.

An example

Poetry in motion.

Take it from a natural born. Connecting soles of feet to hands, via the hips, is where the business it at.

Edited by Snaggletooth
  • Like 1

Squats

Jump squats

Pendlay rows

Cleans

Power cleans

Snatch

Medicine ball throws

Edited by Priv
  • Like 1
evanescentworld

Can one presume, OP, that you don't smoke or drink?

Both killers and contra-indicated....

• Like 1
The link below and whole website explain it very well. A little natural test bost improves basically everything about your physical abilities, recovery time and yes, libido too. ha ha

There are many, many estrogenic compounds we are exposed to daily. Cutting thos out and giving your body a fighting chance is good start.

The supplements do work as well. There is one called Anotest I have run for probably 6 months total this year. No ill effects. However, that one is a wild ride. Boosts the hell out of your testosterone. Most of what that booster does can be achieved by following the advice in the website I linked, but the Anotest really does it. I would only use DAA or Anotest when you really need it though. When you have something major going on where you have to be superhuman for a while.

100 Ways To Increase Testosterone Naturally » The Ultimate List

Let me also add that doing what everyone else said is what you should be doing. Then...to get ahead of the other people you are competing against who are doing the same things, boost test.

Basketball isn't a sport I've really ever played but drills I've done in other sports for the same attributes.

Quickness:

Physical speed as opposed to mental reaction speed? I was always taught speeds in your legs but accelerations in your head!

If its speed drills you want:

1. Skipping exercises
  2. 2 cones 15 meters apart. Sprint to one cone 100% and slowly jog back.
  3. Parachute runs
  4. 10 cones in a straight line meter apart. Weave through and back at full sprint.
  5. Have a buddy jog and sprint randomly over a large area. Shadow as close as possible

Power:

1. Weight training
  2. Push ups (normal and clapping), pull ups (forward and reversed), sit ups.
  3. Variations of drills involving the plank position whilst lifting weights something like
  4. Hold a medicine ball with both hands at chest level, straighten your arms and rotate your torso continuously from left to right.
  5. Work on a heavy punching bag
  6. Elastic band stretches

Agility:

1. Lay on the ground. Have a buddy fire a ball at you. Jump up catch it, throw it. Drop to the ground. Straight up to catch the next one.
  2. Do some balancing exercises
  3. Do some forward, backwards & side to side ladder drills (tap it into youtube)
  4. Play some squash & try some hurdling (one & two footed)

CrossFit targets all of the things, but is expensive and can be harmful if you have crappy coaches and bad form. Most CrossFit "boxes" (as they are called) will let you try a few classes for free before committing. Give it a shot!

• Author

Wow thank you guys! you've all given me a bevy of fitness info to sift through and Im gonna look into everything and form a program that i feel is tailor made for me.

Evan- I don't drink but will have an occasional brewski w my bros, overall when im locked in I discipline myself.

Strength training is the basis for everything. If you aren't strong, you won't have power, balance, speed and agility.

Circuit training that involves explosive power from your muscles.

Barbell Jump squat

Box jump

Power clean

Speed deadlifts

Speed squats

Trap bar jump

Dumbbell jump squat

Dumbbell lunge jump

Squat jump

Broad jump

One legged box jump

One legged broad jump

Taken from Candito linear program training

And oh yea, running with a parachute behind your back.