Is it a bad thing to have a taller women preference?

Is it bad to prefer dating a woman taller than you? I've always wanted to date a girl taller than me even as a kid I've always gone after the tallest girl in my class as friends. I remember my first favourite female superhero was Wonder Woman.

And no I don't have a powerful fetish on that but it's just my preference.

Michelle ma Belle

It's no worse than preferring to date blondes or women with big breasts. It's just a physical preference and we all have been guilty of having them at some point in our lives.

the guy i am currently seeing is 5'7. i am 5'10. he is my second shorter bf, the last one was 5'8. i think the problem is finding a woman willing to date down, more than your willingness to date up. it does feel awkward sometimes, and it doesn't make the woman feel as feminine. the guy who was 5'8 - it was barely even noticeable because we also had a similar body type (lean). believe it or not, 2 inches is difficult to see that way. with the current bf it is much more noticeable because the body structures are different, me being lean and him being pudgy. he - the current guy - has always liked taller women and set his sights on me for a long time. he has a thing for long legs and just wants a tall woman, because - like you - the women he most admires on tv and from movies are very tall, so he grew up liking that. i would suggest - to get some luck in this dept. - that you don't go too far above your own height, because it'll be hard to get a girl 3+ inches above you to take you seriously (unless they are very comfortable), because when a woman adds a heel that 3" easily becomes 5 or 6. and the more you look similar (body-wise) the less noticeable the difference is.

• Like 1

Sure why not? :)

As far as height not statisitcally likely for me, but would be fun I suppose.

I have a thing for curvy (read plus sized) women - you like what you like.:love:

SincereOnlineGuy
the guy i am currently seeing is 5'7. i am 5'10. he is my second shorter bf, the last one was 5'8. i think the problem is finding a woman willing to date down, more than your willingness to date up.

OK, whyyyyyyyyyyyy would a woman of 5'10" be equating height with "dating down", which has nothing to do with height ???

Imagine how inappropriate you'd sound if instead of height, you substituted race in your words.

OK, whyyyyyyyyyyyy would a woman of 5'10" be equating height with "dating down", which has nothing to do with height ???

Imagine how inappropriate you'd sound if instead of height, you substituted race in your words.

ummm... we're talking about dating down as in height. that is the context of this thread. wake up.

• Like 1
MercuryMorrison1

WHAT?! YOU ONLY WANT TO DATE TALLER WOMEN YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!

Nah I kidd!

Not really much to say other than what's already been said.

It's just personal preference, we all got em. :)

SincereOnlineGuy
ummm... we're talking about dating down as in height. that is the context of this thread. wake up.

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, but whyyyyyyyyyyy did a woman who is 5'10" reference it as "dating DOWN"????

(particularly someone who has only had one prior B/F who is shorter than she is)

and there had been no such reference in this thread to "Dating Down" until YOU put it there.

and why did you re-state the obvious, to a guy??

" i think the problem is finding a woman willing to date down, more than your willingness to date up."

(the context of this entire website already makes your statement a given to any male here)

Edited by SincereOnlineGuy

I would love to be with a woman taller than me. It's a shame so many (at least online) want someone at least their height when they're in heels. I want a woman taller than me even when she's not in heels, so she can be that much taller when she's wearing them. Awesome.