Anyone have dry lips this time of year?

So its that time of year where I have to stock up on blistex because my lips get chapped. Then when there's a dry spot I get tempted to lick it. It seems like licking chapped lips makes it worse. Why is that?

MercuryMorrison1

Yup. But I just came back from a two month trip to Guam...Extremely humid there year round, so i'm still acclimatizing to my homelands weather. :)

Carmex works wonders...For me at least.

evanescentworld
So its that time of year where I have to stock up on blistex because my lips get chapped. Then when there's a dry spot I get tempted to lick it. It seems like licking chapped lips makes it worse. Why is that?

here's a list of things that aggravate dry lips - including licking them.

This is why I always always always carry some sort of chapstick in my handbag. My lips get absolutely slaughtered in the winter. Flavour of the month is Cola! :p

Lernaean_Hydra

Chapstick, water, and giving my lips a good scrub with a washcloth becomes my routine this time of year.

The sun and the wind in the winter time is hard on the lips and for people in general who have dry, sensitive skin.

Like others have said, drinking water does help and giving your entire face a good wash.

oil with vitamin e. your skin still needs moisture . some lip balms actually perpetuate the dryness. the natural tendency to re moisturize thru saliva is ur body preventing complete dry/scales.

Chaptick only makes it worse for me.

When I have really dry, cracked lips, I apply vaseline or Webber vitamin E overnight and it usually fixes the cracks.

I also make my own lipbalm with Coconut oil (careful though, Coconut oil is solid in temperature colder than 23 degrees, then it starts liquifying. In the Winter I am fine but for about 4-5 months in the Summer I have to keep my Coconut oil stuff in the fridge (I also use it to make facial moisturizer and body butter)

• Like 1

i second the vaseline suggestion. kinda goopy to use, but overnight it really helps. my lips used to get so dry they would crack and bleed in spots. using chapstick all year long has solved that

travelbug1996

nice amount of vaseline before bed and in the morning take a warm soapy towel, scrub your lips. smoothest lips ever. just add a lil more vaseline during the day.