big bum, huge hips and thunder thighs!

Ok, as the title says its about my bum, hips abs thighs! Can anybody help me on how to slim these down? I cant swim so that isn't as option.

• Like 1

Instead of slimming them down think about toning them up!

There are some 30 day challenges (google them) that are really helpful (well they were for me!) in making everything a bit tighter. You have to keep them up though!

Slimming down still cannot change your genetic makeup. Even when I've lost a lot of weight, I still have to wear the same pant size due to my hip size. My dad, brother and I all have thick thighs...not fat, just more muscular. I've always had a butt since I was a kid...and I was really thin as a kid. :laugh: If you have a more muscular build, you'll want to tone down on muscle building and focus more on lighter cardio. The muscles in my arms got huge from lifting heavy boxes constantly since I'm living out of boxes. Now my arms have this bulk to them, even though it's all muscle. Eat less protein and focus less on strength training if you do have a more muscular build and want to have a "slimmer" appearance. Yoga, walking, jogging.

• Like 2
Slimming down still cannot change your genetic makeup. Even when I've lost a lot of weight, I still have to wear the same pant size due to my hip size. My dad, brother and I all have thick thighs...not fat, just more muscular. I've always had a butt since I was a kid...and I was really thin as a kid. :laugh: If you have a more muscular build, you'll want to tone down on muscle building and focus more on lighter cardio. The muscles in my arms got huge from lifting heavy boxes constantly since I'm living out of boxes. Now my arms have this bulk to them, even though it's all muscle. Eat less protein and focus less on strength training if you do have a more muscular build and want to have a "slimmer" appearance. Yoga, walking, jogging.

I like big butts and I cannot lie... ;)

• Like 3

Burn more calories than you consume.

Cardio of any kind that you like. Walking, running, dancing, jumping rope, etc.

Do you count calories? If not, start tracking how many calories you eat per day.

• Like 2

You can't spot reduce, i.e. do anything to make those parts alone smaller.

The folks giving you dieting advice, well this won't really help either, if those parts are bigger you may simply be pear shaped, where no matter what weight you reduce to, in comparison to the rest of your body your lower half will be bigger.

I don't know how you look, but I often admire women with pear shapes and it is sad that sometimes people are made to feel like they need to diet themselves into oblivion, even when some things are simply a type of body shape and nothing a diet can change for you and neither is it unattractive. But I do agree that you can perhaps workout to tone them instead of making them disappear, as chances are if you have been BLESSED with an ass, hips and thighs, that is your body shape and exercising may make it a little smaller or dieting but won't take it away completely.

• Like 3
Get your thyroid checked!

How will getting her thyroid checked slim her butt, hips and thighs?

I gather that since she only mentions these body parts and isn't asking about weightloss in general that she may just be a woman whose body shape is a pear, where you're bigger on the bottom, and if so, you can't do a thing to change that, even if you lose weight. You can of course lose weight in these areas but they will most likely still remain noticeably larger than the rest of you.

I have a friend who is teeny tiny on the top, she wears a size small in shirts but her ass, thighs and butt make it so that she can fit L or XL pants! This is her body shape. She works out, it tones her but her lower half is still bigger.

How will getting her thyroid checked slim her butt, hips and thighs?

I gather that since she only mentions these body parts and isn't asking about weightloss in general that she may just be a woman whose body shape is a pear, where you're bigger on the bottom, and if so, you can't do a thing to change that, even if you lose weight. You can of course lose weight in these areas but they will most likely still remain noticeably larger than the rest of you.

I have a friend who is teeny tiny on the top, she wears a size small in shirts but her ass, thighs and butt make it so that she can fit L or XL pants! This is her body shape. She works out, it tones her but her lower half is still bigger.

I dunno, it seems like something every woman should do before they go on a weight loss plan because if the thyroid quits, that slows down the metabolism and then there's the weight gain.

• Author

I've had my thyroid checked, nothing wrong there.

since I posted, I've started to use my exercise bike daily and walking the dogs more. My legs are aching! Is this a good sign?

I'm a but wary of the wii fit, but will this actually help?

If the rest of your body is slim so that dieting would make it too skinny, investigate liposuction. It was intended to be used for stubborn, genetically programmed fat pockets that cannot be dieted or exercised away.

I'm ass man, so unfortunately I can't support your cause to slim it.

Your butt sounds perfect.

I dunno, it seems like something every woman should do before they go on a weight loss plan because if the thyroid quits, that slows down the metabolism and then there's the weight gain.

Interesting theory. Thing is women's bodies naturally burn less fat and we also tend to accumulate fat in those areas.

Not every women ends up with a super skinny body no matter what she does. I'm 5'3 and weighted 115 at some point. Still had massive curves.

OP, play roller derby! Big butts are super useful! It's also a wicked workout. And super fun.