Shoulder Rotator Cuff Injury

Hey all,

anyone have any good should rehab exercises or advice for a sprained rotator cuff. I have a doctors appointment next Monday but need to be doing some kind of rehab on it until then, its been major sore for 2 days after a kettlebell presses, right on the very top of the shoulder where the arm meets the socket and when I raise my arm above should height, being injured sucks :(

Actually you are to refrain from "working" on it without the final determination by the doctor. You are more then likely going to do more harm by doing your own thing....

Cold compresses followed by warm will alleviate some of the stiffness, yet I encourage you to wait til you are seen by a professional therapist.

• 2 weeks later...

Shoulders take time to heal. Lots of time. I 've been there when you try too much to soon and it will bite you in the butt. Be careful

thefooloftheyear
Shoulders take time to heal. Lots of time. I 've been there when you try too much to soon and it will bite you in the butt. Be careful

Actually, if its a true tear, it cant(according to the ortho) "heal"...The way he described it is that when the tendon tears from the bone, it "snaps" away...The tear then cannot re-fuse itself to the bone...As a result, all that happens is that the tendon just forms scar tissue at the tear..

I had a pretty severe tear two years ago...Opted to not have surgery..I have most of my strength and range of motion back,.but I still feel it during certain movements(mostly bench press and dumbell presses)..

You are correct that it takes a looooooong time...I couldnt even move my arm for several weeks...

TFY