Chubby chicks will understand...(or previously chubby)

Sooo....I'm chubby.

Not fat. Not skinny, but that annoying in between weight..know what I mean?

Not ''fat enough'' to be shocked by myself for letting myself go so much, but not ''skinny'' enough to wear all my lovely clothes that once used to fit me.

Whenever I talk about it with people, they're like, ooooh you're not fat!! you just have a little sum sum to grab!

I'd rather be fat or skinny, this chubby thing is really annoying.

I've been chubby ever since I was a kid, so I've been self conscious about my weight since then...I lost weight a couple years ago and life was goooddd without having to think about everything you eat! I was so freeee and I felt the burden I had been carrying with me since I was small > chubbiness.

Trust me, no one but other chubbies will understand this weird phenomenon..

I'm now losing the weight again, but I really wanted to get this off my chest. There's a lot of attention for fat and skinny people, but the insecurity that being chubby brings with, no one knows about it!!

I lost a lot of weight at one point. (215 Lbs > 140) After I broke up with my ex my waistline naturally shrunk from a 38 to a 30 because losing all that weight changed how I ate. I gained when living with my ex because she wouldnt touch a vegetable if it saved her life and she just loaded up on starches. Hard to buy salad when it goes bad because your the only one eating it.

What worked for me:

Shoot for flavor. For lunch I would make a nice big flavorful sandwich with EVERYTHING. Onions, oregano, meat, a bit of cheese, dijon, mayonnaise, tomato, lettuce, pickles, for example with a salad. The burst of flavor made me no longer hungry for quite a while and the whole meal was only 290 calories.

Shoot for protein. I would make a 9 ounce inside round steak, a salad and half a baked potato for dinner. Whole dinner meal was 590 calories and I would be super full. On the flavor side Id load up the salad with all sorts of good stuff and marinate the steak.

Shoot for fibre. Hungry for a snack? Strawberries no matter how large they are are only 4 calories each. A whole box might be 100 calories.

Watch your liquids. Can of pop? 160-180 calories. Juice is almost the same. Even milk. Personally I can't sit around drinking water all day. I switched to diet pop and now regular cola takes like mould to me. Diet pop = 0 calories. Nutritional equivalent of water but tastes better.

A man my height of average activity should eat about 1800 calories a day. My weight loss target was 1400. It was really hard at first to keep on target, I was starving. Once I figured out the above, some days I would clock in as low as 700 and not even feel hungry.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I know EXACTLY what you are getting at.

When people ask how big you are its not right to say that you are fat but at the same time nothing else seems to "fit" right to describe does it!

I recently went from being fat back to chubby. I want to loose more and get into smaller clothes but mostly I want to do it so I can get fitter.

Annoying isn't it!

• Like 1

I've noticed when I'm at a period where I'm not really interested in dating I'll let myself gain an extra 10-15 pounds. It gives me an excuse to not put myself out there. And it certainly cuts down a little bit on the attention from the opposite sex. But not to the point where you feel like a totally disgusting failure.

• Like 1
leavesonautumn

Yes! That's totally me. I can get away with it because I have a proportionate hourglass figure and I have come to terms that I will never weigh 105 pounds. I personally find my body/face doesn't really look as great skinny when I have lost a lot of weight, I prefer just a little extra "meat". I have fluctuated between 125 and 145 for the last 5 years.

Now, I'd never advocate being lazy or unhealthy. I just personally do not feel the need to be extremely fit or work out 2 hours a day. I eat very well and work out 3 times a week.

However, sometimes when I have that extra 5 pounds, I feel so heavy and gross even though I don't look it. In that case I only drink water and eat vegetables and fruit until I feel comfortable again.

• Like 2

Now, I'd never advocate being lazy or unhealthy. I just personally do not feel the need to be extremely fit or work out 2 hours a day. I eat very well and work out 3 times a week.

However, sometimes when I have that extra 5 pounds, I feel so heavy and gross even though I don't look it. In that case I only drink water and eat vegetables and fruit until I feel comfortable again.

You don't have to work out 2 hours a day to stay in shape, that's the biggest myth on the planet and that statement puts off so many people from exercise.

The truth is, if you really ate well and your workout was effective, you would be in shape. 3 times a week 1 - 1.5 hours is plenty. Your diet is likely to be worse than you admit to yourself and you probably haven't done enough research to know what to do in the gym. I'd say this is true for most gym goers that are looking for weight loss, especially women.

If 5lbs grosses you out your body fat % is too high for your shape and it's likely due to excessive cardio and very little muscle mass.

leavesonautumn
You don't have to work out 2 hours a day to stay in shape, that's the biggest myth on the planet and that statement puts off so many people from exercise.

The truth is, if you really ate well and your workout was effective, you would be in shape. 3 times a week 1 - 1.5 hours is plenty. Your diet is likely to be worse than you admit to yourself and you probably haven't done enough research to know what to do in the gym. I'd say this is true for most gym goers that are looking for weight loss, especially women.

If 5lbs grosses you out your body fat % is too high for your shape and it's likely due to excessive cardio and very little muscle mass.

Just to clarify, my point was that I am not interested in looking a certain way or becoming a gym rat. I was also not looking for advice. My point was that I am healthy and eat very well but I am not interested in going to the gym. I walk and do pilates to stay healthy as well. I know you're trying to help but you don't really know what you're talking about in regards my health. You don't have to tell me why 5 pounds makes me feel heavy, it's because I'm sensitive to specific foods but sometimes chose to eat it.

• Like 3
  • Author

And here's the other thing.. people always automatically assume we need advice on losing weight... the fact that I'm chubby or fat, doesn't mean I don't know HOW to lose it. It means I don't have the discipline atm.

And here's the other thing.. people always automatically assume we need advice on losing weight... the fact that I'm chubby or fat, doesn't mean I don't know HOW to lose it. It means I don't have the discipline atm.

To be fair, you are posting in the fitness and weight management section, so advising about that kind of is the point. Unless you are talking about people in general.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure you don't know how to lose fat long term, otherwise you wouldn't be chubby.

As you get older and your body fat % will get higher if you carry on, you will get fat and you will get to such a stage that you will find losing weight extremely difficult, if not impossible.

That article would teach you how to lose it for good (not following diet fads, for one) otherwise you will hit a point of no return.

• Like 1
  • Author
I'm pretty sure you don't know how to lose fat long term, otherwise you wouldn't be

I am sorry no offense emilia but this is a very stupid thing you say here. I think I know better than anyone how to eat and how to lose fat how to gain muscle etc etc. I can double dare you that I know it all better than you do. This is exactly what I mean... People go around assuming that chubbies are chubby because they don't know how to... Grow up please. It's like saying a drug addict doesn't know what drugs do to their body, otherwise they wouldn't be using it...SMH

Ps. To Priv, Guess you're right.. wrong section lol it was kind of a rant and to see if others felt the same, but there is no other section on weight so this was pretty much the only section to use.

• Like 3

This post sums up my whole weight dilemma. I'm not overweight, but I'm not quite where I'd like to be... I've lost weight before but it was through exercise I had to do (walking to work) and that isn't possible now. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that its sexy to have curves

• Like 1

hate to contradict but some people have medical conditions which mean that getting the pounds off is a real struggle.

I know a chap who has to eat less than 1000 calories a day, work out strenuously for 4 hours a day in order to loose around 1/2 -1 Lb a week. After 6 months he was exhausted, fed up and practically killing himself so he gave up and decided to be fat and happy.

Different strokes for different folks!

I am never going to be skinny. I will always be chubby with big boobs and a fat bottom but heck. There is far more to life than counting calories!

ironically since I stopped worrying myself and started doing what I wanted, when I wanted I lost an enormous amount and am continuing to do so! :) I guess happiness counts for a lot rather than comfort eating...

Mind you winter is coming and I do make a mean stew... with dumplings...

• Like 2

Love shack is very bad place to post anything related to weight OP its almost a mortal sin to be over weight here to any degree imo there's nothing wrong with chubby ive herd alot of guys say they would actually prefer chubby women to thin ones even not on LS but yeah else wheres..

• Like 1

Its that "In between" stage. I get it.

My niece ( bless her heart) has been challenged with the Cute and chubby one in the family. Its hard on her...so I do know partly how that phrase can come off....Sorry that folks speak that way.

Can you perhaps give some tips on nutrition and what works? Never hurts to share , thanks!

• Like 1

I'm not chubby at the moment but I am headed that way and have been overweight in the past. I'm terrified to go back to being overweight. I got to a super skinny stage and want to get back to that. I dont mind being in between though, much less kilograms to lose. I'm not sure i understand that way of thinking.