Are pear shapes attractive to men?

Are pear shaped women attractive? I am a 33-25-38, working on losing weight, but I am mostly called fat and unattractive. Is the pear shape unappealing?

I would say yes definitely but to a smaller subset of men in terms of being specifically attracted to that shape. while it might not be a lot of guys specific body shape they ideally prefer many of those wont especially mind it, if they find you pretty and your personality & nature great. Some guys will not be drawn to the bigger butt, thighs shape at all.

Are all thew other women you know with the pear shape, long term single...I doubt it.

I'm surprised with your measurements you are called fat. Also who exactly calls you unattractive? Most people are so blunt to tell others that to their face. I guess the bottom line is, are guys flirting with you (well guys you like anyway)?

Edited by ascendotum
  • Author
I would say yes definitely but to a smaller subset of men in terms of being specifically attracted to that shape. while it might not be a lot of guys specific body shape they ideally prefer many of those wont especially mind it, if they find you pretty and your personality & nature great. Some guys will not be drawn to the bigger butt, thighs shape at all.

Are all thew other women you know with the pear shape, long term single...I doubt it.

I'm surprised with your measurements you are called fat. Also who exactly calls you unattractive? Most people are so blunt to tell others that to their face. I guess the bottom line is, are guys flirting with you (well guys you like anyway)?

Well, yes, I have been called unattractive more than once, and yes, to my face. No, guys don't flirt with me.... I'm a very low maintenance girl so I'm mostly one of the guys. If anything I'm the one they come to when they need help with an assignment.

My exW appeared generally like this (doppleganger for Val) and not only did I find her attractive, I also enjoyed her decidedly not thin pear-shaped body immensely sexually. Would any man? Nope! That's how it goes! My lover prior to meeting my exW was thin and flat-chested. Lovely lady. Beauty and attractiveness comes in all kind of packages.

• Like 2

A lot of men find wider hips and a good size butt very attractive and they don't necessarily care about boobs all that much.

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear

I guess it would be in poor taste for me to say "There is an ass for every seat"......:laugh:

But really....many guys like that look...I wouldnt see it as a liability...

TFY

• Like 1
Are pear shaped women attractive? I am a 33-25-38, working on losing weight, but I am mostly called fat and unattractive. Is the pear shape unappealing?

What? Who's telling you that?

I just measured myself. 36-27-38. Admittedly bigger than I was a few years ago when my hips were 36" - I need to lose about 12 pounds if I want to get back down to that - but most people I know think I'm fine at my current size (and some of them bitched that I was too thin when I had 36" hips). Let's compare ourselves to what is now average:

What's happened to our bodies? Women's figures have been transformed in the past 60 years... with huge implications for our health | Mail Online

38-34-40

By the way, although a caption in that article suggests that 60 years ago the average woman was 36-24-35, that was actually Betty Grable. In other words successful Hollywood actress statistics. If you read the whole article, the average woman 60 years ago was 37-27-39

So back to today's average statistics. Your waist is 9" smaller than the average waist. Your hips are 2" slimmer than the average hips. Since you're significantly slimmer than average, why would people be singling you out as "fat"? The only thing I can think of is that you're in an environment where a medically healthy size is considered to be fat.

I can see how you might be encountering that kind of nastiness if you were working in the fashion industry where people are expected to be at the low end of their healthy scale as a bare minimum (and usually much lower). That's not a healthy environment for anybody. Or, if you were a ballet dancer or heavily involved in a sport where a much slimmer than usual body is required. The pressures on people in those areas are undeniable.

However, in a regular environment there's no reason I can think of that people would single you out other than that you're presenting yourself as being insecure about your body, and being duly picked on for it by people of a trollish disposition.

Edited by Taramere

Nice thing about men - is that for every body type/parts/age a female is - there are a group of men sexually craving it.

and yes I like a nice par of hips most in a woman, and some extra "cushin" to go with it.:love:

thefooloftheyear
What? Who's telling you that?

I just measured myself. 36-27-38. Admittedly bigger than I was a few years ago when my hips were 36" - I need to lose about 12 pounds if I want to get back down to that - but most people I know think I'm fine at my current size (and some of them bitched that I was too thin when I had 36" hips). Let's compare ourselves to what is now average:

What's happened to our bodies? Women's figures have been transformed in the past 60 years... with huge implications for our health | Mail Online

38-34-40

By the way, although a caption in that article suggests that 60 years ago the average woman was 36-24-35, that was actually Betty Grable. In other words successful Hollywood actress statistics. If you read the whole article, the average woman 60 years ago was 37-27-39

So back to today's average statistics. Your waist is 9" smaller than the average waist. Your hips are 2" slimmer than the average hips. Since you're significantly slimmer than average, why would people be singling you out as "fat"? The only thing I can think of is that you're in an environment where a medically healthy size is considered to be fat.

I can see how you might be encountering that kind of nastiness if you were working in the fashion industry where people are expected to be at the low end of their healthy scale as a bare minimum (and usually much lower). That's not a healthy environment for anybody. Or, if you were a ballet dancer or heavily involved in a sport where a much slimmer than usual body is required. The pressures on people in those areas are undeniable.

However, in a regular environment there's no reason I can think of that people would single you out other than that you're presenting yourself as being insecure about your body, and being duly picked on for it by people of a trollish disposition.

Well said...

I guess everything is tits, tits, tits....its an obsession with both men...and judging by the amount of women around here with enormous implant jobs-women as well....*shrug*

TFY

• Like 1

You don't sound fat at all judging from your measurements. So I'm not sure who is calling you fat.

Beyonce is pear shaped. I don't think she has much trouble attracting men.

• Like 1
Nickierose19

I was at my heaviest weight 37.5-25-33. No one ever called me fat actually I was considered really slim with huge boobs DD-F cup.

At this size though I was only 108 lbs and 5'1.5". So definitely not fat on the leaner side 20 bmi.

I think when you're bottom heavy it shows more because you have bigger thighs butt and hips so people will call you fat more likely than having huge boobs and skinny legs with a flat stomach. But it's certainly not as unattractive as holding weight in the waistline the most. People may call you fat but they will also call you thick and curvy which are good things. I always felt as a half hourglass when I was heavier you are half attractive as man hourglass if you're an inverted triangle or pear. So some guys find it attractive but to different degrees. Some boob men are really attracted to the top heavy look despite lower half shortcomings and some assmen love women with a bottom heavy looking despite upper half shortcomings.

Nickierose19
My exW appeared generally like this (doppleganger for Val) and not only did I find her attractive, I also enjoyed her decidedly not thin pear-shaped body immensely sexually. Would any man? Nope! That's how it goes! My lover prior to meeting my exW was thin and flat-chested. Lovely lady. Beauty and attractiveness comes in all kind of packages.

She's an apple not a pear. She just has small boobs as apples tend to.

She'd have to correct me but my remembrance was 36C-33-40. I noted, no matter what weight, her breasts remained relatively static in size.

http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/media/medical/hw/h9991471_001.jpg

Imagine the picture on the right with a protruding belly in the front but not the sides. Her butt and hips were quite pronounced. Looking at pictures in her twenties/teens, her shape definitely matched that on the right.

• 2 weeks later...
kiss_andmakeup

Whaaaaaat? I have very similar proportions to you (33-23-36) and no one has ever called me fat! In fact many have called me too thin!! Who on earth are you hanging out with??! :eek:

• Like 1

agree: with kiss

find new friends

heck a great smile is more sexy to a man than any part of a women

• Like 1