KaliKatherine

It's a turn on when a man takes good care of himself and is confident in his own body. That doesn't necessarily translate into 6 pack abs. For someone to work out with the primary goal being to achieve a certain 'look' would essentially be a turn off, in my book.

Do women still appreciate a guy with a chiseled stomach? Turn on or turn off?

Didn't know it ever went out of style. The abs trend imo has only really come on strong since the last decade. Its always been part a a good masculine/athletic look for women, but it really didn't start to hit mainstream media then. How much is being driven by women's ooh-ahs and how much is being driven by guys aping others they admire (friends or celebrities/action heroes or guys on the cover of magazines) I don't know, but I reckon its 40:60.

A number of the younger guys who work out at my gym, who I chat to and think they have pretty good physiques are not happy because they don't have the high def 6 pack. That's their ideal. My gf has a teenage son, who's self conscious about himself because he doesn't have a 6 pack, and wants to go to the gym...not to bulk up but to get a 6 pack. lol

I spent many years skinny and had a 6 pack then, and as a skinny dude it counted for shyte. Girls liked to run their hands over them when I was naked in bed, but when I was dressed they had no idea I had them. When I bulked up, the high def abs went to low def, but I filled out my clothes better and got laid more, and I'll take that. For every woman who finds it a turn off due to body vanity issues, three will appreciate it. Some might be more self conscious of their own belly though, so might not like it too much from that aspect. Personally I think its over rated in terms of pussy pulling power. My beefy/bit of a belly mates still did/do well.

todreaminblue

i wouldn't judge a guy by his abs, normally when i fist meet a guy i have started a relationship and get to know a guy they wear shirts......i dont ask them to pull their shirt up.....if i am turned on by a guy they stimulated more than my visual......because i am actually pretty blind......i see blurry people......i did however get glasses today ten more days and i wont be classed as nearly blind....lol......i still wont ask a guy to pull his shirt up.......i will ask him lots of questions though.....so he would probably want to pull his shirt up to cover his eyes.....i went out with a body builder and fighters who were fit......spanish guy who was extremely hot bodied couldnt speak english though.....so i have decided as far as bodies go ...i find it more of a turn on when i look up and understand a guy when he speaks and i hear a tone....that causes me to focus. rather than a six pack of flesh....i like pods anyway..a little or even a bigger tummy is just a pod...i like pods....i enjoy kissing them...and i know a lot fo guys dont like pods on women and want women who are the same way inclined towards having packs and racks etc..........peopel should learn pod appreciation......they are quite enjoyable to kiss....and pod people can be fit....pods are art...

pods

all slopes and inclinations towards well food appreciation so yeah ...art in many forms...i appreciate.deb

Edited by todreaminblue
Under The Radar

I feel the same way about my glutes as I do my abs ...... they're just perfect ...... at least that's what the mirror told me.

LOL

I feel the same way about my glutes as I do my abs ...... they're just perfect ...... at least that's what the mirror told me.

LOL

just don't look at those mirrors in the fun house

Or you will be all messed up pal

Under The Radar
just don't look at those mirrors in the fun house

Or you will be all messed up pal

No complaints yet ...... even from the clown I saw in there ;)

No complaints yet ...... even from the clown I saw in there ;)

just don't fall in the trap of cotton candy and buttered popcorn

or those abs will turn to jello

kiss_andmakeup

It isn't my personal taste. I DO like a fit guy, but I have never found a six-pack all that appealing. It almost looks a little bit "grotesque" to me, if that makes sense? I think I also don't really like the idea of being in a relationship with someone who concentrates so much time and energy on fitness. Sure, it's important, and I work out around 4 times a week - but I don't know if I could handle a guy who spends 2 hours at the gym every day (or who can't enjoy a good pizza now and then!).

It isn't my personal taste. I DO like a fit guy, but I have never found a six-pack all that appealing. It almost looks a little bit "grotesque" to me, if that makes sense? I think I also don't really like the idea of being in a relationship with someone who concentrates so much time and energy on fitness. Sure, it's important, and I work out around 4 times a week - but I don't know if I could handle a guy who spends 2 hours at the gym every day (or who can't enjoy a good pizza now and then!).

Oh come on now...you don't need 2 hours in the gym every day or a no-pizza rule...

But you bring up an interesting point about it looking "grotesque"... I've never stopped to actually look and think about what it is I'm actually looking at...it's strange how our minds are programmed the way they are to perceive things the way they do...guys will often associate abs with "good" without actually thinking about what they are looking at...

I don't know, just babbling now...

For me, I am not trying to get "washboard abs". The kind that looks like your abs are sticking out. I don't like how they look. I do have abs and Adonis belt showing, but that is from diet. And I know most abs are from diet, but some people also trained their abs to the point that they grew those muscles bigger and it juts out. I don't like that for myself, but especially on women. It is not very sexy looking. My abs show, but it is not...all ridged out. Hard to explain.

• Like 1
kiss_andmakeup
Oh come on now...you don't need 2 hours in the gym every day or a no-pizza rule...

But you bring up an interesting point about it looking "grotesque"... I've never stopped to actually look and think about what it is I'm actually looking at...it's strange how our minds are programmed the way they are to perceive things the way they do...guys will often associate abs with "good" without actually thinking about what they are looking at...

I don't know, just babbling now...

Obviously I was exaggerating, but my point was that there is a certain "vanity" to 6-pack abs that I find unappealing in men.

But the aesthetic reason is my primary reason for disliking them. I always feel like I am looking at one of those creepy mannequin models of the muscoloskeletal system (link).

It's apparent that there are plenty of women who do like the look (as evidenced that I could not find one single photo of a man on google images who was fit but DIDN'T have a 6-pack), so no need to fret. ;)

I heard something so ridiculous at the office earlier this week that went something along the lines of this "....you just can't trust a man with a smaller waist than you...." huh?

It can't hurt...

Hah. The only reason I came back to this thread is that I was almost certain you would post on it :laugh:

• Like 4

Mine show, although not totally ripped by any means. So I take my top off whenever I have an excuse to :)

Never really got me any attention from girls though. It's more building bigger arms/shoulders which did that. Let's face it, your abs aren't normally on show until you're undressing each other anyway...

My guy has visible abs - not huge bulging muscles, but hard and quite distinct. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a turn on. :o But it's not really a necessity by any means.

Mine show, although not totally ripped by any means. So I take my top off whenever I have an excuse to :)

Never really got me any attention from girls though. It's more building bigger arms/shoulders which did that. Let's face it, your abs aren't normally on show until you're undressing each other anyway...

Take up swimming. My body is pretty much on show and it does get me attention from women.

I suspect that it depends on what the rest of the man looks like.

Defined abs on a man with a broad chest and shoulders is impressive; defined abs on a stick-boy are not.

Take up swimming. My body is pretty much on show and it does get me attention from women.

I suck at swimming. I imagine having to stop every couple lengths because I'm almost hyperventilating would rather negate the bonus of having my body on show!

Ninjainpajamas
and remember all

Abs are made in the kitchen

not in the gym

Well I've been looking in the cookbook all morning for this "6-pack of abs" recipe and I can't seem to find it, or is this a new recipe post 1970? my cook books a little dated.

:confused:

:)

• Like 1

I've just checked in the mirror yesterday after my deadlifts session and my abs show a little. Only the outline though and with certain lighting, mainly because my core muscles are strong from boxing and regular training. I would be horrified if I had a pack of any kind :eek:

• Like 2