Only have 5.5 wks left to loose the most lbs!!

Confused5433

So I have only 5.5 wks to loose the most amount of weight I can possibly loose. The anxiety is building up, but what would be the most effective way to loose lets' say at least 10lbs.

Has anyone done it successfully, is it doable?? Idealy I would love to go down to 15lbs with means 2.5lbs/wk, but a bit urealistic. But at 10lbs it would be about 1.6lbs/wk.

Who has a great method and personal testimony?

I work two full time jobs. The weight just falls off me. Between two jobs I just don't have the appetite to eat. Maybe that's why I stay at a slim to average weight. That's my secret!

• Like 2

You need a digital scale. Eat half of what you eat now, no beef, no cheese, no French fries, chips, desert or beer. Weight yourself every day, if you don't lose a pound every 3 days your doing something wrong.

• Like 1

Cut the carbs completely! No bread, no fruit, no sugar, no potatoes. It'll be super hard, but if you're determined enough you can do it!

I've also taken phentermine in the past and was quickly able to shed pounds. It's not the safest method though and you have to go to a doctor to get it. You can usually find one by googling "weight loss clinic".

10 lbs. in 5.5 weeks is very doable.

As mentioned cut the carbs (bread, pasta, potato, cereal, beans even), no alcohol, cut the sweets and sugar, no fried food, eat low-fat protein.

If you need some carbs, then eat no more than 2 pieces of toast in the morning with a litter butter and a small piece of cheese.

I'm doing the Dukan diet right now and you can lose 10 lbs. in 2 weeks, but then there's other stuff you need to do so as not to gain it back.

Exercise is always good!!

• Like 1

You have to give more information, like what is your height, gender, current weight, and activity level. If you are some 6 foot guy that weights 250+ pounds, than yea, losing 10~15 pounds in that time is easy.

If instead you are a female that is close to 5 foot tall and weight like 120 pounds, yea good luck with that, very unlikely to happen. As others have said, cut out the carbs, as that will reduce how much water you retain. If you look up The Rapid Fatloss Handbook by Lyle McDonald, there is a protein style fasting diet that would work really well, however you must read the book and follow the directions very carefully.

• Like 1
  • Author
Confused5433
You have to give more information, like what is your height, gender, current weight, and activity level. If you are some 6 foot guy that weights 250+ pounds, than yea, losing 10~15 pounds in that time is easy.

If instead you are a female that is close to 5 foot tall and weight like 120 pounds, yea good luck with that, very unlikely to happen. As others have said, cut out the carbs, as that will reduce how much water you retain. If you look up The Rapid Fatloss Handbook by Lyle McDonald, there is a protein style fasting diet that would work really well, however you must read the book and follow the directions very carefully.

Well, my stats are:

5'7" female

180 lbs.

I think I look fine, but I obviously have the love handles and my arms could use some work.

The problem areas would definitely be my abs and arms, and some thigh. But mainly my abs.

The Like Fairy
Where are you going in five weeks? Do you have to be bikini ready? Ten pounds won't do it.

How much to be bikini ready at her height? Don't be shy, sock it to us!

How much to be bikini ready at her height? Don't be shy, sock it to us!

I'm 5'8" and 160 pounds...from looking in the mirror, I can tell I am far from bikini ready! OP is 5'7 and wants to weigh 170. Unless it's muscle weight, I'd say she needs to be somewhere between 125-140 to wear a bikini. This would be nearly the same for me since I'm only an inch taller.

• Like 1

Great timing for a thread. I want to lose 10 or so pounds by September without losing muscle.

What are some good low carb meals to eat?

I think cereal, bread, pasta, soda and ice cream are bad. Which is pretty much my favorite stuff. Is fruit juice OK?

• Like 1
Under The Radar

This thread inspired me to make my own Banana Hammock ;)

Sorry ladies ...... You're not the only ones who need to be bikini ready.

LOL

• Like 2
Great timing for a thread. I want to lose 10 or so pounds by September without losing muscle.

I think cereal, bread, pasta, soda and ice cream are bad. Which is pretty much my favorite stuff. Is fruit juice OK?

No! Fruit juice is full of carbs!

Stick to lean meats, veggies, fats (avocado, nuts, coconut oil, cheese, etc), and one or two servings of fruit per day if you must fulfill your sweet tooth. The weight will come right off if you stick to it.

• Like 1
kiss_andmakeup

I'm of the opinion that if you're trying to lose weight, ANY beverage (with the exception of a homemade vegetable juice that is consumed as part of a meal) other than water and maybe a little skim milk is bad. No juice, no soda (even if it's diet), no iced teas or energy drinks. Juice is dressed up as healthy because it's from fruit, but it's loaded with sugar and amounts to totally empty calories.

• 2 weeks later...

Confused

You are going to not be happy

it can come off

but will be right back on

To much too fast (well unless you are 300 and 5-9)

hasaquestion

As other said avoid fruit juice. Processed sugars are a big enemy of your quest, and fruit juices are full of them.

Personally I have one of those magic bullet smoothie blenders. I throw berries, yogurt, ice cubes and kale in there and get fresh tasting smoothies out. Good replacement for fruit juice - its sweet but it came straight from the fruit instead of a factory.