Reducing inflammation in your body

I have had a rough 18 months. Seems I catch every virus that moves through my town, nagging joint pains, chronic prostititis has flared up again, you name it. I work out, I'm fit, I'm Active, I sleep well, I don't smoke, drink 2-3 drinks a week, maybe.

I do my best to not take antibiotics. I have to for the chronic prostititis; home remedies simply do not work. I take herbs/supplements to help prevent it; they don't seem to be helping though.

I am taking more supplements\herbs now than I can count. I've changed my diet to help reduce inflammation. Half my office is sick with Bronchititis and now I have it. I'm fighting it with Echinacea, extra Vitamin C, Quercitin, more Vitamin D, lots of V8's/tomatoe juice, you name it.

Prior to the past 18 months, I went 2+ years with never getting sick, very few aches and pains. When I was married, I got sick all the time.

Sometimes I think it's related to self induced stress/anxiety, especially related to what I put myself thru with my ex gf. A buddy of mine thinks it's delayed, meaning my body is just now reacting to the past 18+ months of relationship/dating stress. Ironically, i think since reading the book "Never be sick again" and making changes, I've been sick, more.

Not sure what I'm am asking or looking for; maybe similar stories and suggestions....

From what I know the best ways to reduce systemic inflammation are:

1) Eat 5 fruits/veggies per day minimum

2) Exercise at least 3 days per week

3) Drink plenty of water

4) Minimize refined sugars

5) Eliminate preservatives and artificial sweeteners (ESPECIALLY ASPARTAME)

I found the Echinachea/Golden Seal combo to be best for boosting the immune system and fighting things off.

As for inflammation, if you're talking genuine arthritis, I bought Osteo Biflex, triple strength, for my husband a couple of months ago. He was constantly complaining about his hip, among other things. It seems to be helping. Check the reviews on it at Amazon for more info.

As a last resort, you could start drinking heavily, take up smoking, keep irregular hours, and eat nothing but fast food. It seems to work for some :laugh:. Oh, start having one night stands, two a week. Call me in the morning. ;)

• Author
From what I know the best ways to reduce systemic inflammation are:

1) Eat 5 fruits/veggies per day minimum

2) Exercise at least 3 days per week

3) Drink plenty of water

4) Minimize refined sugars

5) Eliminate preservatives and artificial sweeteners (ESPECIALLY ASPARTAME)

1) Done

2) Done

3) Done

4) Done..use Agave now

5) Done

Ugh....

• Like 1
  • Author
I found the Echinachea/Golden Seal combo to be best for boosting the immune system and fighting things off.

As for inflammation, if you're talking genuine arthritis, I bought Osteo Biflex, triple strength, for my husband a couple of months ago. He was constantly complaining about his hip, among other things. It seems to be helping. Check the reviews on it at Amazon for more info.

As a last resort, you could start drinking heavily, take up smoking, keep irregular hours, and eat nothing but fast food. It seems to work for some :laugh:. Oh, start having one night stands, two a week. Call me in the morning. ;)

No, not arthritis. I've been taking Osteo Biflex for over 10 years, since my left knee surgery. It does help the knees.

I tried the latter, for 12 months than again for 3 months, she is no longer in my life :laugh:

• Author
Coconut oil helps me.

I've heard this. How do you take it? I've heard you can eat it and/or slosh it around in your mouth.

I'm starting to wonder if I am taking too many supplments, and they are not playing nicely together in the sandox.

No, not arthritis. I've been taking Osteo Biflex for over 10 years, since my left knee surgery. It does help the knees.

I tried the latter, for 12 months than again for 3 months, she is no longer in my life :laugh:

No, no no! What's the definition of a one night stand? I suspect this is the root of all your troubles!

But, seriously, isn't getting old a bunch of fun? Knock on wood, I had one cold last winter (no flu) and neither a cold nor the flu this winter.

How is your focus on dating lately? Maybe you need to ease up. Are you still seeing the one new girl?

I've heard this. How do you take it? I've heard you can eat it and/or slosh it around in your mouth.

I'm starting to wonder if I am taking too many supplments, and they are not playing nicely together in the sandox.

I still have stomach issues, but it has helped with joint pain, and gum inflammation that led to my ear being swollen (wisdom teeth growing in - I still haven't removed them). I started taking it melted, off the spoon, November 2012, because I kept getting sick and wasn't getting what I needed when I added it to drinks. I noticed a few weeks later, that I had barely had knee pain (which is usually awful) or headaches in that period of time. It also chased off cold symptoms. I take it off the spoon, or rub it into my gums. I also swish with it at times (oil-pulling).

• Author
No, no no! What's the definition of a one night stand? I suspect this is the root of all your troubles!

But, seriously, isn't getting old a bunch of fun? Knock on wood, I had one cold last winter (no flu) and neither a cold nor the flu this winter.

How is your focus on dating lately? Maybe you need to ease up. Are you still seeing the one new girl?

No ONSs here, ever. I was referring to the drinking and smoking and poor diet, and my ex. Though she was a health nut when she could afford to be.

No more OLD.

I'm down to the one new girl I've been on 4-5 dates with. It's not serious yet, going slow, I want to get to know her better before we take any next steps (sex really). I have not seen her in over a week. We have plans to see each other Friday.

I don't feel any dating stress/anxiety really.

• Author
I still have stomach issues, but it has helped with joint pain, and gum inflammation that led to my ear being swollen (wisdom teeth growing in - I still haven't removed them). I started taking it melted, off the spoon, November 2012, because I kept getting sick and wasn't getting what I needed when I added it to drinks. I noticed a few weeks later, that I had barely had knee pain (which is usually awful) or headaches in that period of time. It also chased off cold symptoms. I take it off the spoon, or rub it into my gums. I also swish with it at times (oil-pulling).

I've been recently having stomach pain, too. Dr prescribed some super duper potent anti acid RX. I never got it filled. It's a pain right behind my chest bone. I'm trying herbs instead.

Can you recommend a brand/type of conconut oil?

My ex gf was starting to swish with it right before we broke up, which was my first exposure to it. She was cooking with it, rubbing it on her body, using it for everything practically.

I've been recently having stomach pain, too. Dr prescribed some super duper potent anti acid RX. I never got it filled. It's a pain right behind my chest bone. I'm trying herbs instead.

How is your back? Straight? Any disc trouble?

I had the upper/lower GI series in January. Was diagnosed with an ulcer last fall. Went thru treatment, but now I believe I never had one. My scopes were good.

I really feel like I have a rib or two out of place, and I'm getting sharp shooting pains in my chest as a result, originating from the bottom edge of my rib age. I'm gonna try to get adjusted tomorrow; will see if that helps.

A bad gallbladder will give you that pain too. (Of course I had that checked out too. Negative)

Don`t fall apart my friends! Is this what i have to look forward to? Supplements i have never heard of? Hips going? Ulcers? Chronic aches and pains, please don`t tell me that something drops off later on in life?

I have chocolate for lunch most days, Are Malboro lights dangerous?

Don`t fall apart my friends! Is this what i have to look forward to? Supplements i have never heard of? Hips going? Ulcers? Chronic aches and pains, please don`t tell me that something drops off later on in life?

I have chocolate for lunch most days, Are Malboro lights dangerous?

It's imperative that you keep nurses as friends; you'll need them.

Marlboro lights? For realz? You gotta stop that. Chocolate? Make sure it's dark; it's the only way. ;)

What, you mean its not cool?;) Never toked, well not baccy any way. But chocolate has to be milk.....Remember its European chocci......

I am coming over all faint. (Swoon)...Nurse..

Marlboro lights? For realz? You gotta stop that. Chocolate? Make sure it's dark; it's the only way. ;)

• Author
How is your back? Straight? Any disc trouble?

I had the upper/lower GI series in January. Was diagnosed with an ulcer last fall. Went thru treatment, but now I believe I never had one. My scopes were good.

I really feel like I have a rib or two out of place, and I'm getting sharp shooting pains in my chest as a result, originating from the bottom edge of my rib age. I'm gonna try to get adjusted tomorrow; will see if that helps.

A bad gallbladder will give you that pain too. (Of course I had that checked out too. Negative)

I had a complete full blood work physical about 5 months ago, everything was perfect.

• Author

Well, one my good friends is a Sports Medicine Therapist..I jumped all over that when I first met him!

• Author
please don`t tell me that something drops off later on in life?

No issues there, thank God. I think the supps are making him behave better! ;)

• Like 1
  • Author
What, you mean its not cool?;) Never toked, well not baccy any way. But chocolate has to be milk.....Remember its European chocci......

I am coming over all faint. (Swoon)...Nurse..

Chocolate has dairy, no dairy these days, too, as it's suppose to be a cause of inflammation.

Chocolate has dairy, no dairy these days, too, as it's suppose to be a cause of inflammation.

No dairy in dark chocolate. ;)

• Like 2

I going to need your advice in a few years Babalot!

Hope you iron out the kinks. Glad that my supporting member won`t drop off anytime soon.

Try eliminating gluten for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Gluten intolerance can cause all sorts of symptoms.

• Author
Try eliminating gluten for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Gluten intolerance can cause all sorts of symptoms.

Thanks, I've been thinking about this. I do not eat bread anymore so I assumed I had it covered.

• Author

I'm not a doctor, but I think my wrist and right elbow joint pain, is tendon related, and being on antibiotics is the source. I went back on an antibiotic about 2 weeks ago and my right elbow pain has gradually been getting worse again, and so has my left wrist.

Can you recommend a brand/type of conconut oil?

My ex gf was starting to swish with it right before we broke up, which was my first exposure to it. She was cooking with it, rubbing it on her body, using it for everything practically.

I can't afford it, but I've heard that Artisana is nice.

I use Nutiva, but started out with a nice one from a company whose name I can no longer remember. I ordered a large jar (54oz?) from Vitacost for just over $20, as well. I keep meaning to order the larger Nutiva through Amazon, for around $23.

You can mix it into smoothies or hot drinks, if you want or need to. If it hits cold food or liquid, it will solidify. Some people mix it into coffee, and I've added it to hot chocolate. It's weird at first, but you get used to it. Start out with one teaspoon, and go from there. You can also cook with coconut milk, and add the thinner milk or water to smoothies.

• Like 1