How long does a quad sprain take to heal?

I pulled a muscle in my quad about 3 weeks ago and it still hurts, feels like the muscle is in a state of constant contraction. How long will it take for it to go away?

Thanks

First: Have you been to the hospital with this, to see a doctor and the amount of damage done? They can assign sdt that may help.

But to answer your question: depends. A minor pull may take 2-10 days. Moderate can be longer and at worst 6-10 weeks and no activity should be done on it.

Rest, if it's still a problem, see a doctor.

• Like 1
  • Author
First: Have you been to the hospital with this, to see a doctor and the amount of damage done? They can assign sdt that may help.

But to answer your question: depends. A minor pull may take 2-10 days. Moderate can be longer and at worst 6-10 weeks and no activity should be done on it.

Rest, if it's still a problem, see a doctor.

Thanks! I wanted to see a doctor but there is such a long waiting list at the place I'm registered :eek:

Thanks! I wanted to see a doctor but there is such a long waiting list at the place I'm registered :eek:

Probably would be best to see a doctor. They can certainly tell the extent of damage. Then give you how long they believe it will take to recover.

Here's some helpful advice: Plenty of rest. Ice. Compression, and elevation. Try to massage the muscle. You can use heat too, after a cold massage with ice. Like a warm bathe, etc.

Just do not use that muscle anymore than you must. Get a compression restraint for it.

It took me 6 weeks to recover. After 4 weeks I could run a mile at a time with a little pain and then rest a day in between. It took 6 weeks to run 3 miles pain free.