Anyone have a fitness trainer?

I have something better: access to a coach at a weightlifters' gym. He is in his 60s, fit and strong and has trained many competitors. No parallel squats and bicep curls in our gym.

If you are new to working out and intend to use free-weights then I think it is worth the money. 3 or 4 session should be sufficient IMHO.

No parallel squats and bicep curls in our gym.

So then what exercise do you use for biceps?

So then what exercise do you use for biceps?

sorry I meant the bicep curl machines, not the actual exercise.

I don't do anything isolation for biceps, tend to focus on chest, shoulders and triceps more directly, biceps are secondary

• 3 weeks later...
Citrus Lime
For those of you who have a fitness trainer, do you think its really worth the money?

I think it depends on the person. Generally, you'll have to be fit-ready to make it worth. If you're just starting, might as well just do some general cardio like jogging or riding your bike. Also, it helps to do push ups, sit ups and the sort.

At some point, you'll need to step up on strength training, and this is when a good trainer can help to show you good form and to spot you with the heavier weights.

After some point, you can start training on your own, but only after you understand what kind of training better suits your body. Every now and then it feels good to be abused by a trainer though, just to make things a little less predictable.

If I were really rich and in great shape but wanted to aim for perfection, I'd go to Tracy Anderson's gym for private instruction.