befuddled11

Considering the nature of the forum you've posted this question in (Physical Fitness, Health and Weight Management), I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're considering smoking dope so that you can hopefully raise your metabolism and lose weight?

Nearly every pot smoker I've ever known has been overweight.......which I largely attribute to the severe "munchies" that one gets from smoking weed.......I've seen people polish off a dozen donuts and tons of junk food, due to the munchies.

If you want to raise your metabolism, why don't you consider eating foods that help with this? and get regular exercise?

• Author

im actually not considering smoking pot. i merely made an observation that all of the "pot heads" at my school are extremely skinny - especially the girls.

Stimulants speed up your metabolism, but as far as I know marijuana is not a stimulant, it's a depressant.

Every pot head I know isn't overweight. Some are, but a lot are snowboarders, skiers, and skateboarders who are in good physical shape.

• 3 months later...
pickledunderwear

Marijuana used to be in the depressant catagory until the observation was made that it reacts differently with different people. I've known people who will become sleepy and lazy, some who become energized (which is me), some who become violent, and some who get severe minchies and eat everything in the fridge. Because each person has a different reaction it can or cannot contribute to being overweight. Many other factors contribute like what kind of food is consumed when the munchies attack and how active the person is otherwise.