I had a growth spurt! I am 22!

I measured myself today. And I am now somewhere between 5'7.5-5.8. The back of my head is like 5'7.75 I had a conversation last night with an old friend and I told her that I have been eating a lot of food for the last month because I have been very hungry and getting stronger in the gym faster. I didn't have an explanation for it but she told me that I could be in the middle of one last growth spurt.

fyi My dad had a 2 inch growth spurt sometime in his 20's and went from 5'8 to 5'10. I guess I can thank him for my genetics:D

Hope to be 5'9 to 5'10 here. Anyone know if these early 20's growth spurts are like the teenage growth spurts or if im going to be lucky to get a a full inch from it?

I was 6"3 and then I tom cruise'd my way to 6"6. Oh, and since this is the internet I'm allowed to add another 3" to my height, so I'm currently 6"9. **** yeah science!

• Like 2
  • Author
I was 6"3 and then I tom cruise'd my way to 6"6. Oh, and since this is the internet I'm allowed to add another 3" to my height, so I'm currently 6"9. **** yeah science!

Be honest. When did you have this growth spurt and how many inches was it. When did you stop growing? If I can be 5'10 like my dad I will be the happiest guy in the world.

Be honest. When did you have this growth spurt and how many inches was it. When did you stop growing? If I can be 5'10 like my dad I will be the happiest guy in the world.

I'm still growing. I'm 21 now, and since my 18th birthday I've grown a little over an inch.

• Author
Well only guys have growth spurts.

Most girls stop growing at like 14. I would expect someone who is still growing in their 20's to be a guy.

If I can be 5'10 like my dad I will be the happiest guy in the world.

LOL kid it's not gonna change your life, so don't get your hopes up. Your batting average might go up a few points, but that's about it.

• Author
LOL kid it's not gonna change your life, so don't get your hopes up. Your batting average might go up a few points, but that's about it.

I can name a few ways.

I have always wanted to dunk a basketball. I have something like a 36 inch running jump. Still can not actually get the ball in the hoop at my height. If I was 5'10 I would do it easily.

Batting average would go up.

I would be taller.

Here are three ways in which my life would improve. And if you subscribe to the theory that for some reason taller men make more than shorter men, there is a fourth, even though I don't understand the correlation.

Most girls stop growing at like 14. I would expect someone who is still growing in their 20's to be a guy.

I actually grew in my late teens/early twenties. I don't know where you're getting your scientific facts from!!!

• Like 1

Sadly I reached my full height at 14 :( although that height was 5'11 so I guess I can't complain too much.

• Like 1

Did you go to public school?

Are you American?

You are unlucky.

I stopped growing at 5'6 when I was around 15-16 years old.

Or maybe I'm just unlucky. Who knows.

• Author
You are unlucky.

I stopped growing at 5'6 when I was around 15-16 years old.

Or maybe I'm just unlucky. Who knows.

I was 5'6 when I was 15. 5'7 from 17 to 22. Now I am almost 5'8.

• Author
Lucky.

I stopped growing in grade 6

;(

Don't guys stop growing at 25?

Rarely. A lot stop at 18-20 ish. Some people(like me) grow again but I am willing to bet that this will last as long as a typical growth spurt. This means I will come out of it before 24.

Rarely. A lot stop at 18-20 ish. Some people(like me) grow again but I am willing to bet that this will last as long as a typical growth spurt. This means I will come out of it before 24.

Kewl

hopefully u will grow into your ears then :)

BTW, I meant to say you are lucky and that I am unlucky. I would have paid several thousand dollars to have another growth spurt in my 20's.